“The most beautiful, accommodating, and fantastic hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Galleria Houston Hotel

You added Westin Galleria Houston Hotel to your Saves list
Westin Galleria Houston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5060 West Alabama Street, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #154 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Richmond, Virginia
“The most beautiful, accommodating, and fantastic hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This was the most beautiful hotel! The room was perfect and the staff was incredible! The manager, Jackie Bohr, was the most amazing host and went above and beyond to make our family feel welcome and comfortable. Every detail was taken care of and then some! We would recommend this hotel to everyone we know and will most definitely return! There are not enough wonderful things we can say about our stay here! Also, the food in the restaurants was great and we had a great experience with the room service as well. Jackie and her team were superb in every way and we are grateful for such a wonderful experience. It really made our trip even better!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

I have stayed at the Westin Galleria a few times. The pros include the location, size and cleanliness of rooms, and good service. Unfortunately, the hotel does not have a concierge lounge which is a big con for business travelers. The valet and on-site rental car company take up all the parking spots close to the hotel which forces other customers to park far away.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
San Leon, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

As you can see from the title, I'm not sure I'd stay here. My husband's 40th class reunion was this past Sat. and was held in a conf. room of the Westin. The room was nicely set up and hors d'oeuvres had been referred to as "heavy" in the invitation. I guess you could say that because there was pasta, salad (I think it was a caesar - it had set out entirely too long) and a cutting station of prime rib roast and sliders. Here begins the problem. I asked for a slice or two of meat, which I received. I realized, after putting the food on the table, that I needed a knife and went back to get one. Nothing set out but forks. I asked the server if he could get some knives. He sent someone to do that. I stood there waiting for almost 5 minutes before the person sent returned, whispered to the server, who then told me that there were no knives. "You have no knives here?" "No, no knives." Amazing ... does this hotel not have room service? Did all of the nearly 60-yr. old people there look dangerous enough to where we couldn't get a knife to cut the meat? My husband proceeded to use his pocket knife. My husband had previously bought both of us a drink and had informed me that the cost was $7.50 each! On top of that, the liquor was Jim Beam as opposed to Crown, Jack Daniels, etc. For $7.50, I'd expect a bit better liquor! I then went back to get a coke. Tickets for "coke" were $4.00 (on a good day at Kroger, we could have purchased a 12-pack for that). I got the ticket and presented it to the lady at the bar and asked for a coke, only to be told they only have Pepsi. Who mixes a drink with Pepsi!?!? I asked if they had Sprite. She showed me a bottle of something that was clear but not Sprite. I then said I want a coke - a classic, full strength coke. This is a hotel, please get me a coke! She said she would and again, I waited, nearly 10 minutes this time. While the party was great (obviously not put on by the hotel) and the food really was not bad, the fact that I could not get a knife and had to beg for a coke would prevent me from ever chosing this hotel to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I believe the title of my review explains exactly how I feel. The Galleria is what it is, an overpriced, stale and boring part of Texas, let alone Houston. I feel that the "service" end of the hotel is reletively well run here. Though when I asked the front desk about distances to what I believed well known destinations (e.g. Johnson Space Center), it seemed like it was a bother to tell me the info I requested. I had to request my fridge three times. I had to request my crib twice. The "Green initiative" was inadquately explained. The $25 valet, well $25 is alot if you ask me. The free parking that you can utilize in the mall was not explained to me, I found out through a blog. The guy tried to get me on the valet, then told me to park in the $12 self-park option. Just felt kind of ripped-off. I would go elsewhere before I would go here, and I got a deal off of Priceline. If I had paid full frieght, I think I would have left in tears.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I like the fact that the Htoel in in the mall. You don't have to travel far to go shopping especially when Houston Traffic is very hectic.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Monterrey, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

its location is wonderful, close to all the tourism atractions for visit, for shopping is the best, we have a mall just by the elevators, fun for teens dance competitions.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
westin_oaks, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Galleria Houston Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
NormaPatricia,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. We truly appreciate you taking a moment to share your delightful experience with us. Kind regards,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

Staff at front desk were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious enough for the two of us and the beds are comfortable; everything was very clean. I wish there had been more complementary drinks in the room, such as sodas like in other hotels; there were only two 18 oz water bottles. I think you have to pay extra for other drinks.

We did not order room service. There are several restaurants in the first floor of the Galleria, where we had lunch and dinner. What better location could you possibly ask for? The hotel connects to the Galleria, so once you step off the elevator in the first floor of the hotel, you can walk inside the Galleria.

We were not able to get some sleep until 3 AM because there were about 10 college-aged guys and girls in the opposite room drinking and making a lot of noise. I know this is one of those unlucky circumstances, so I am not blaming it on the hotel. We would have been able to sleep perfectly had it not been for these people ruining our experience and the ice machine adjacent to our room which made a lot of noise when used. However, we were awakened by the maid opening our door at around 9 am.

Valet parking is excellent and highly recommended. We could not find free parking anywhere.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Westin Galleria Houston Hotel? Share your experiences!