“Fantastic proximity in downtown Houston!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 451 Hotels in Houston
Pearland, Texas, USA
“Fantastic proximity in downtown Houston!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you're looking for a nice hotel with great proximity to many restaurants, the theater district and venues like the soccer stadium or MinuteMaid Park, The Lancaster is the place for you. Jones Hall is right across the street and there are many good restaurants within easy walking distance (no more than 3 blocks). The bonus is that The Lancaster will drive you anywhere withing 3 miles of the hotel. This quaint old building houses beautiful interiors and a small but adequate restaurant and bar area. There is a great free breakfast in the mornings consisting of scrambled eggs, two meat choices, pancakes or French toast, cold cereal selection, yogurt cups, fresh fruit, pastries, bread for toast, cranberry and orange juices, coffee and hot tea plus water. I highly recommend dinner -- the service and food are both exceptional. My husband and I stayed in room 505 just off the elevator and it was surprisingly quiet. You will hear a little noise outside the windows particularly if you are a light sleeper like my husband and especially if there are any ambulances in the area but considering The Lancaster is in a busy area, it is exceptionally quiet. We had a room with a king bed and it was very spacious for two people -- including a desk, a tv mounted to the wall which could be turned numerous directions, a sofa and chair, small refrigerator in the closet below pull out drawers for clothing, a luggage rack and a super nice bathroom with a huge walk-in shower and large sink area for toiletries and coffee maker. There are even two super soft robes in the closet to use. I felt The Lancaster was a very good value for the money and I liked it's warm decor and friendly, helpful staff much better than Hotel Icon. If you're interested in investigating Buffalo Bayou, it's an easy walk to this area or you can rent a bicycle right across the street. Make sure you get to the mezzanine level to look at the old Houston maps. There were two that I saw and both were so interesting to look over. Also, there's a place called the Lion's Den where you can go to pick up toiletries you might have left at home or pick up a snack, drink or even dinner. This is a fabulous place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors (5 and above) most likely have less street noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Wow, what a review! Reading this made our day here at The Lancaster and we have shared this with all of our staff. We are so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I almost don't want to write this review as I am afraid they may be booked from now on..
The reason why I chose the Lancaster was because it sits right next door to my companies headquarters. I called them to book for the week. Spoke to Dianna.(who was so awesome!) She even set up a driver to pick me up from the airport...
Driver was waiting for me on time, walked into the hotel and was taken back in time. Absolutely Beautiful! My room was amazing, food was spectacular, Dianna was awesome!!!
Found my new Houston home!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We are thrilled to be your new "home away from home" during your business travels to Houston!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I are from Australia traveling in the US for 6weeks. This hotel is one of our favorite stay and we wish we stayed more than one night!

Why? Because
- The price was great! It came with breakfast and car service.
- The interior and ambiance was not only classy but furnitures and design was also beautifully done.
- love the linens (soft & plush) as well as the brass (bronze) fittings in the bathroom.
- They had a complimentary car service for which we used to go to the Toyota Concert and didn't have to deal with taxis.
- Attendants were friendly especially the driver of the hotel car service. We didn't have any credits to call the hotel to pick us up. So he gave us his mobile number so we can text him to let him know when he can pick us up after the concert. Very impress with that.

Wish all hotels are like this but unfortunately not many are. I Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2014
We are so glad that you chose us for your travels to Houston!
Los Altos Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The Lancaster is in a great location in the heart of the theater district and an easy walk to take in an Astros game at Minute Maid Field. They also offer a free shuttle service to anywhere within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Our room was large, beautifully furnished, and quiet. The daily breakfast buffet is expansive and delicious. We were also really pleased with the service as and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay! We strive to provide the very best amenities for our guest and we are particularly glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stay in The Lancaster every trip to Houston (~every 2 weeks) because I don't think there is a better overall hotel in town. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are large and nicely appropriated, the restaurant/bar has great food and ambiance, walking distance to many other restaurants/shows/events, they remember my preferences and do little things to make me feel at home. I travel quite a bit for work and typically hotels lose their luster quickly with me. I truly appreciate what The Lancaster brings to its clients and the value they place on the individual. Great place for business or personal travel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
We appreciate your loyalty and we thank you for making us your first choice hotel for your business travel to Houston!
Crockett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Houston's Lancaster Hotel is a jewel! First, the hotel, including rooms, are very-well appointed. I don't know if you can find another hotel room that is as comfortable as The Lancaster. The public areas are beautiful and provide a historic sense. The staff provides the very BEST in EXCELLENT service! My stays are wonderful!. Whether you are visiting for business or pleasure, you will not be disappointed! I recommend The Lancaster to everyone visiting Houston!

Room Tip: Great place for business travelers, as well as enjoying the Houston Theater district! WONDERFUL hot...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
We are thrilled that you keep coming back! It is our pleasure to make each and every stay an exceptional one and we promise to keep delivering only the best in customer service! We can't wait to see you again! Warm regards, Sarah D. - Sales & Catering Manager
Tyler
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Beautiful hotel in the arts district. The staff is attentive and well trained. The beds and pillows very comfy, easy to relax with well appointed surroundings. All necessities are available and the restaurant had great food. My Mom ordered soup one night and it was promptly delivered on a gorgeous silver tray. A fax, copier, computer and work area is available as well as a self serve snack bar is available 24 hours a day. I would highly recommend THE LANCASTER HOTEL. I wish there was one in every city I travel. Thank you so much for taking good care of us!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you, thank you and thank you! Your appreciation could not be more valued. The Lancaster family is so happy to have been able to give you and your mom such a great experience. Please come again soon. Best regards, Sarah D. - Sales & Catering Manager

Been to The Lancaster? Share your experiences!