“My favorite Houston hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #3 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nederland, Texas
“My favorite Houston hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at the Lancaster for years and were a bit nervous about the renovations. No need! They've done a lovely job of blending the old with the new. The colors are fresh and the flooring is beautiful. I especially liked the touch of red here and there. We'll stay again (and again, and again!)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite - it's worth it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We cannot thank you enough for your loyalty throughout the years! We are here to serve you and we hope to welcome you back for years to come! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

From the moment I arrived at the Lancaster, I was sure we were a good match. The renovations going on in the lobby meant that the front desk was located in the entry vestibule. This was handled with good spirits and a sense of jolly fun. As the weeks went by it was great to see the entry take shape. Every time I left the hotel, the doormen wished me a good day Mr Moore and upon arrival later that evening I was always greeted by the attendant at the front desk. My room was very comfortable and the internet and television were always functioning at peak performance levels. I travel with my work and this is not always true, so I very much appreciated this factor. The bath room was elegantly appointed (love the Water Works hardware) and it too worked extremely well. The whole trip was a great success and I do hope when I return to Texas that the Lancaster will be an option for my company.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful comments. We strive to make this a home away from home, especially for business and extended stay travelers like yourself. It was our honor to host you throughout your time in Houston and we hope to see you again! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.
LOUISIANA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This was our second stay at the Lancaster. I booked it because of location but was amazed at their recent renovations. The hotel is beautiful and extremely comfortable. Enjoyed a very relaxing weekend. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Come back soon to relax and let us pamper you! Thanks for the review! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.
Gonzales, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I were in town for a concert. I booked this hotel based on its proximity to the Toyota Center and price. Wow, what a great value all the way around! We were greeted by a very friendly man at the desk (I don't remember his name) and checked in to a nice corner room. I don't know what the hotel looked like before, but its recent renovations are beautiful. We had a large bathroom and very comfortable bed. We enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine in the lobby while we waites on our ride to the venue--which was also complimentary for hotel guests. Our room included breakfast as well, which was convenient for us. Overall this boutique hotel met my expectations and more. I would definitely stay here again if we vises Houston again!

Jennifer and Stephen, Gonzales, LA

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! To say that we have met your expectations and more truly makes our day! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our first year anniversary. We decided to stay downtown for a night. I chose the Lancaster because of the location. The photos online were nice. After getting there it was much better than a great location. The hotel has a lot of charactor and history which I love. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I loved our room. The bed and furniture were modern with an antique elegant feel. Very cosy too. My husband liked reading the history of the hotel and original owner, Michelle DeGeorge. On our way home drove by the DeGeorge hotel by MinuteMaid park. We really liked the Lancaster. I've already told friends and co-workers to stay there if they want to spend a night or two downtown. Also, there are so many things to see and do within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Congratulations on your anniversary! We are so glad to be a part of a memorable anniversary weekend and we are glad that you enjoyed the historical aspect of the hotel. Thank you for your comments and feedback! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Read any pre-renovation reviews of this hotel as old news.

I stayed at this newly renovated boutique hotel for FOUR WEEKS, and enjoyed every minute of it.

The new improved Lancaster is truly a gem!
What used to seem a bit like grandma's country home is now Designer Chic!
But this is more than just a paint job; all new carpets, fixtures, and furniture add up to a luxurious experience. The new bathrooms are wonderful, and the showers are heavenly.

The staff was gracious and friendly - helpful in every way.
This was a total win, and I will definitely stay there again next time I'm in town

Room Tip: As with many hotels, the corner rooms have more light, and the higher floors have better views. If...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
LancasterManagement, Manager at The Lancaster, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments and feedback. It was an honor to serve you during your four weeks in Houston and we appreciate your kind remarks. We hope to see you when your travels bring you back to Houston! -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Initially, I had reservations regarding boutique hotels. I always choose large chains because I know what to expect. I went out on a limb with The Lancaster, and I must say that I was thoroughly impressed. The hotel staff was very friendly, and I like the more intimate touch of the booking desk in lieu of some massive counter. The hotel is nicely designed, and located right in the middle of Houston's art district. I could go on, and rave about this place even more, but you should just read the other comments listed. I will make this my #1 choice for my future stays in Houston.

Room Tip: "Classy, intimate, perfect."
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We are glad to have converted you to our boutique hotel! What an honor to be considered your number one choice when visiting Houston. We appreciate your comments and remarks and look forward to seeing you again. -Michelle M., Sales Mgr.

Been to The Lancaster? Share your experiences!