1. Shaded. Love that this resort is shorter than the trees around it - which means shades everywhere! I love that since it's very hot here in Texas.
2. I really like the cushioned jogging path around the property. Again, about 80% of this path is shaded.
3. You have complimentary access to their sports club. Not all are free though such as the wall climbing is $7.50 for 30 mins. I do t know what else have surcharge since I didn't use them. For sure tennis and basketball are free.
4. Trellis Spa on the property. Jade is fantastic. I'm only inquiring and jade made me feel welcome and not intimidated. She even gave me samples of Natura Bisse which I ended up ordering online. Jade should be the manager - very personable. They do charge you $25 to use the facility however free if you book a service. I ended up not using the facility since the family decided to go somewhere.
5. Everybody who works in that hotel are very nice!!! They are trained well. Love them all.
6. They do provide extra services such as shuttle service to the Galleria Mall for free, room service, etc. it can't comment on the quality of the service since I didn't use them.
7. Rooms are clean...didn't see any flaws.
8. I love that they don't charge a resort fee.
9. Love the pool - my 9 year old had a blast. The do have adult only area and lap pool area.
10. They do provide you with Keurig, lock box, snack bar.
1. Confusing check-in. We were very confuse as to where to drive in. Hopefully they fix their signs and actually state "Hotel Check-in".
2. They do charge for self-parking per night. I think it's $15. They do provide valet for $25 I think.
3. Parking lot stinks!
4. Elevator from the lobby to the First floor doesn't work. Confusing lay-out but then you'll get the hang of it. It's actually easy to navigate after you learn your ways around the property.
5. At the time I stayed (July 2014), they are undergoing some renovation of their sports club.
6. May be it's just me, but my skin is sensitive....I can't tolerate sheets that are not cotton. They used sheets that feels like mix polyester. Does not feel luxurious at all. I actually started breaking out badly on my face and my left butt cheeks have these brown spots. Again, I guess I'm just sensitive to that kind of material.
7. Television kept on dimming on me (I'm at room 113) hopefully they'll fix it soon.
8. Restroom are too small.
9. My standard King room felt small.
10. My husband ordered a drink (cost around $8)-- he took about 3 sips - went for a swim - he came back and it has been cleaned-up! I guess just like to clean. I know they didn't mean that but my husband was furious. His fault for not letting the staff know.
Overall, my son had a great time. If he had a blast...vacation is then a success!!! As for me, I think I will stick to Hyatt Hill Country Resort in San Antonio. I'm more of a spa vacationer. This is a great place if the purpose of your vacation is an active one.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Houstonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Hotel Houston
- Houstonian Resort Houston