“Best in Houston !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Houstonian

You added The Houstonian to your Saves list
The Houstonian
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, TX 77024 (Great Uptown)   |
Ranked #33 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Stavanger
“Best in Houston !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a really pleasant stay. Service was good and the staff friendly. The room was ok, the bed very confortable. Overall, what I liked the most is the atmosphere, huge fireplace in the lobby, lots of painting of deers and games, which requires a certain taste but definetly provide charactere to the place.

The surrounding are great, wooden area to jogg, a huge gym and when I say huge it has everytinhg one could dream of to do cardio, weight, even climbing, basket ball and large outdoor heated swmming pools.

I also had the cahnce to try the Trellis Spa for a massage. I have nothing but praises about that place too !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jim M, General Manager at The Houstonian, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Tomjunior125,
I appreciate you taking time to review your stay at The Houstonian. I am pleased you like our traditional décor and found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Thank you for your positive feedback, I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Houstonian is my favorite place to stay in Houston,Texas. Management is hands-on and the staff is professional friendly and offer exceptional service. The rooms are generous in size very comfortable. It's the best night sleep away from home. The grounds are meticulously kept and you feel as if you're at a resort! Either a business trip or time away the Houstonian is the place to be! Don't forget to schedule a spa treatment. It will certainly take you far far away!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Tere56,
Thank you for being our guest. I appreciate your comments about our team and I will be sure to pass your feedback along to the appropriate supervisors. I look forward to welcoming you personally during your next visit.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the Houstonian Hotel. The service was excellent and the accommodations were lovely.

I was there for 2 nights on business and I found the hotel to be a welcome respite in the heart of the city. The bedroom I had was facing the pool, and I may have been lucky, but it was very quiet. I also thought the room was a nice size, with a sittng area for doing work on my laptop. The bathroom was small but everything was clean and well appointed.

The only thing that was a bit disappointing were the meals. I had lunch and dinner at the bar within the hotel and the food was average.

I also had an opportunity to enjoy the spa and it was fabulous. All my services were very good and the client service was outstanding. It's a beautiful spa, and I've been to many throughout the country. I would definitely come back and enjoy the Trellis Spa.

Overall an excellent balance of work and relaxation!

Ardmore, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Houstonian for the first time last week, and I came away impressed. The grounds were a green oasis right in the middle of Houston and the service was excellent. My room was very comfortable, clean, and luxurious. I will definitely be staying here again.

Tequisquiapan, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love it when my husband and I have 3 day getaways! We decided to stay at the Houstonian because of the location and reputation. First of all it felt like it had been there forever (no idea maybe 30 years?). You feel like you are in a park, the Hotel is surrounded by protected green space. The Hotel itself blends into the greenery, not a high-rise and also includes seperate buildings for a gym and spa. There is a walking track around the entire ground which I used every morning, The gym is the best I have ever scene, part of the "Houstonian Club". We spent an afternoon at the spa indulging in facials, massage, steam and lunch......heaven. I do not have any photo's but next time I visit I will be sure to post.
We booked a king room on the "concierge" level which included continental breakfast, afternoon snacks and evening wine. Well worth it.

Room Tip: All rooms are extremely quiet. Use the walking track!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at The Houstonian for two nights on business. First, the property is beautiful as you drive in and immediately they treat you wonderfully. The reception desk personnel were friendly and had upgraded me to the 4th floor with is the Concierge floor. The room was average size but beautifully appointed. It looked out among the trees and was probably the quietest room that I had stayed in a long time. The bed was very comfortable. They refreshed the room at night and left chocolates on the pillow - another special touch! The bathroom is a little small but again it had everything that I needed. I had lunch at their restaurant - Olivette and it was great. The service and the food were excellent. I was attending a meeting at the hotel and the food served for the meeting was also excellent. I did go to the concierge reception room for breakfast on the last morning and the food was good and it is a lovely way to start the day. Anytime that I had a question of anyone at the hotel they were friendly and helpful. There is a great walking path around the property and you also have access to the Health Club which is incredible. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I hope that I will have an opportunity to stay at The Houstonian again - it was a real treat!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the back side of the hotel which was very quiet.
Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were very impressed with the level of service and the overall rustic warm vibe of the hotel. We met several couples who were local Houstonians on a staycation. I think that says alot about a place when the locals decide to stay there for a weekend getaway. We had a King room on the concierge level. Yes, the bathroom was a bit tight - but it's more than fine. The bed is super comfy and the sitting area was very nice as well. We made the most of this level. Continental breakfast was more than fine and always plenty of it. Coctail hour included liquor and light food and the evening snack consisted of desserts and cordials. Making use of that justifies the upcharge for the room.
The spa was completely booked - but I walked over and looked around and it seemed top notch.
The best part for us and why we booked the hotel is the pool, gym workout area. There was no additional charge for any of it. Indoor and outdoor tennis courts, either an 8 or 10 lane lap pool, yoga, pilates, any class you can imagine, an indoor basketball court and a fabulous gym with an indoor track. The outdoor walking/running path was great as well.
We drank at The Bar - nice spot in the hotel and we ate at Olivette - the restaurant on site. We had a wonderful meal at Olivette. My husband ordered a burger from The Bar menu and said it was the best he ever had.
I would definitely return for a couples or even girls weekend. It was probably 30 minutes from Bush International Airport and very easy to find.
Loved our stay.
We are members of the iPrefer hotel group (no fee to join) and I booked the hotel through them. Saved quite a bit over the hotel rate.

Room Tip: Really thought the concierge level was worth the extra price.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear crcfhrules,
Thank you for your very thorough and honest review. I am very pleased you and your husband enjoyed the concierge level and all of its amenities, as well as the Club and The Bar. We appreciate you being members of iPrefer and for choosing to stay with us. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

Been to The Houstonian? Share your experiences!