“ELEGANT GEM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt North Houston

You added Hyatt North Houston to your Saves list
Hyatt North Houston
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   425 North Sam Houston Parkway East, Houston, TX 77060 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Houston North - Greenspoint)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #108 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Gautier, Mississippi
“ELEGANT GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

On a brief trip to Houston, we booked this hotel at the last minute (literally). Upon arrival, there was a hotel security guard in the p/lot "which I loved"..This hotel was in a safe area. We checked in through a Kiosk machine (which I loved too), however you get the option to speak w/friendly attendants if needed. Once you walk in , this hotel is BREATHTAKING. The rooms are very CLEAN, MODERN, AND SPACIOUS. However don't be fooled because there are not any views of the city or pool. The pool and hotub are located on the backside of the hotel. The rock/waterfall pool and hotub were the toppings on the cake. I also loved the fact there are liftchairs near the pool and hotub to assist elderly or disabled people to enter. The gym was fully stocked with fresh towels, "cold to cool" and dry to wipe off. I loved the fact it was equipped with tv, fruit, and water. Overall, I will stay here again. You can't go wrong with this hidden gem!

Room Tip: try to choose a room with the view of the courtyard..it's beautiful!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments in regards to our hotel. Your trip was short, but it makes me proud to know that we made a great impression within that brief time. We try very hard to ensure that our guests are happy and comfortable when they stay with us, and it looks like we succeeded. I hope we see you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Slept great and enjoyed some great food and service. Staff was friendly and helpful. That's what I look for when traveling! I would stay here again if back in Houston. I would recommend to others. No problems.

• Stayed August 2013
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We appreciate your kind comments concerning your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found your bed comfortable and the food to your likings. The team strives to ensure all guest expectations are exceeded at every opportunity. We look forward to visiting us again in the near future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Last week I had the distinct pleasure of staying the night at this superb hotel for business. My stay was absolutely perfect. From the kind, courteous, and professional staff, to the meticulous, comfortable rooms and common areas, the business center, and beautiful relaxing pool, my experience was nothing less than exceptional. I'll be back to this place and highly recommend to others when in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am proud to hear that we got every aspect of your stay correct. I would also like to thatn you for your heart-felt defense of the hotel and service. We strive to do a great job, and it is wonderful to know that we acheived it. I am sure we will see you back in the near future. Next time you visit please stop by so that I my thank you in person.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Of all the choices I had in the area around the airport my luck ran out and I ended up at this hotel !

Was on a return trip from Costa Rica to Toronto and had an overnight layover in Houston. I wished I had researched my hotels before I made my selection. People had said to me that most of the hotels close to the airport were about the same price and same in terms of service. I know better now !

I checked in very late after a 25 US dollar cab ride (I missed the shuttle that runs only every hour from the hotel and back round trip) from the airport to this hotel. The check-in counter was manned by two ladies who really need to find a job doing something else that is not in the customer facing industry. My check in lady was fully aware that a large party, checking in at the same time, of about twenty people were all going to be looking for the shuttle at 6 am the next morning. It was also the same time I had planned on leaving the hotel for my trip to the Airport and making small talk with her wondered about the crush at 6 am and the disappointment with the guests who would all arrive at the same time expecting more than one shuttle. Her response to me was “just get there before everyone else and you will be fine” . I took a cab the next day in the morning well before 6 and have no idea how that turned out.!

The restaurant – WOW. In my ENTIRE life I have never had such disappointing service in a place that should be average or above !. Two waiters and one waitress and about 6 people ONLY in the restaurant. Every one of us waited for over ten minutes just to get a glass of water. Salad came with your main dish after about a half hour. Coffee came after you begged and pleaded and reminded the again and again. No follow up. Incorrect order. The cream was bad (turned the coffee into white lumps), second cup was cold but the bream was good, waited 10 minutes for that. Excuses from the staff to all who were complaining that “they had room service orders they were behind in”. My friend Carols got my entire order wrong. I ordered a Cajun chicken and got chicken that was another type. The salad was not the one I ordered 9am sure someone else got mine). I ordered a chocolate cake and got pecan pie – guess that’s close in terms of desert . The food was bland, cold and just edible. Perfect match for the service that went along with it ! I spent 40$ plus on the worst meal and service ever in all my travels.

The room was fabulous. Absolutely spotless. Attached a picture of the write up card from lady who made up my room and who obviously did it with pride and care. Big kudos. But the HOTEL’s attention to simple care for their guests will leave you scratching your head. In the morning I jumped into the shower only to find that the one small bar of soap was all they give you (it was on the sink outside outside). I loved the set up in the bathroom where you face the mirrors directly when you come out of the tub 9as opposed to the mirrors being on the side wall in most hotels). I then had a “fight” with the coffee machine plug trying to get it plugged into the wall socket that is situated BEHIND a large couch and the table ! (again picture attached). Surely by now SOMEONE must have realized that with all of the space in the room and very little adjustment they could make things easier for their guests ?

Its these small things that are symptoms of a place that places service last and simply relies on their name brand and cleanness and newness of the hotel to get by. I wish they wake up and take some steps to clean up their act. Business won’t be good forever you have many hotels for people to choose from.

In this world we live in they say that 80% of the people chose something based on reviews. I “wasted” 270 dollars of my company’s money at this place (food for 42 and room plus tax on the rest)

Room Tip: this hotel looks new so all the rooms seem to be the same - exceptionally clean and new
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback about our property. I profusely aplogize for the issues that you experienced during your very short visit to the Hyatt North Houston. I am happy to hear you found your guest room clean and comfortable. It is our goal to ensure that every single guest enjoys all aspects of their stay. I do hope you are willing to give us a second chance as this is certainly not our standard. If you find you will be visiting Houston again I would be more than happy to invite you back to visit and allow us to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me at any time at tsims@hyattnorthhouston.com so that I may personally make your reservations. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel two times. Great friendly service. Got in late at night and the guy that drives the shuttle volunteered to take me somewhere to eat. I took him up on it. :) Friendly person at checkin that was a pleasure to talk to. Breakfast buffet was excellent, but still outdone by the service. Kim was my server and she was very well liked by all the patrons, including myself. I felt like my own mother was serving me breakfast, always concerned with every aspect of my breakfast experience. :) Ask for her when you eat here. When traveling it's always nice to have people make you feel at home.

Room Tip: They face inside or outside. Pick your flavor. Definitely have noticed that some rooms have better i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. I am very proud to hear that shuttle driver exceeded your expectations and you were able to have dinner. I will also share with Ms. Kim the great comments and I appreicate you sharing them with me as well. As we spoke the internet is going to be completed the end of this month and I do think you will be pleased. Again it was very nice to meet you and I do look forward to seeing you back in the hotel very soon. Have a great week and if I can be of any further service during your future stays please do not hesitate to contact me.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times and the range of reviews does not surprise me. The food staff does a great job. And about 75% of my stays are fine but the other 25% of the time leaves me wondering where the quality is at Hyatt.

Here is an example. About a month ago, I came back to my room after a long day at work only to find that my room looked like it had been ransacked and everything was gone (luggage, toiletry bag, books etc.). I called the front desk 3 times and waited on average of 15 minutes before someone finally told me that it looked like housekeeping took my items. I finally happened to run into a worker in the hall who apologetically took me to my new room where all of my stuff was now located. The worker was kind and I didn't want him to get in trouble so I called the front desk and told them (now 45 minutes later) that everything was OK. The person at the front desk, "GOOD, ARE WE SMILING NOW?!" I told him "no," I wasn't smiling.

The manager left a message for me that stated "I want to make this right" but after repeated attempts to contact her, I gave up.

Hit or miss. Good luck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, General Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. I am sorry to see that 100% of your stays are not up to standard and we working to make sure that happens. My staff should have taken a different approach to inform you of your items being moved and you should not have waited to find out where your items were. Please understand that this is not our standard and not how we deal with our guests. I would still like to speak with you regarding your issues you encountered. Please feel free to contact me and we can discuss your stay.
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Erica, the Food and Beverage Mgr was outstanding! She treated us with such care, efficiency, sincerity, and individuality. All of the staff were very kind, but she really had that special flair for customer service with such genuiness. You cannot go wrong when dealing with Erica!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The surrounding location
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your great comments concerning my Manager Erika. We feel as if we have a great team member in her and her entire staff. It makes me very proud to read such positive guest related comments about her. Please if you are in the need of any future meeting arrangements please contact us again. I would enjoy doing something special for your next upcoming event.

Been to Hyatt North Houston? Share your experiences!