“Good staff good feel but needs some changes to update this hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt North Houston

You added Hyatt North Houston to your Saves list
Hyatt North Houston
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   425 North Sam Houston Parkway East, Houston, TX 77060 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Houston North - Greenspoint)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #107 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Good staff good feel but needs some changes to update this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying in this hotel for years under its various guises of Sofitel and Crowne Plaza.

The staff here are long-standing and obviously have a good rapport with each other and that definitely shows.

The air conditioning units in this hotel are antiquated and extremely noisy. We had to move our room after a 13 hour flight because the room we were given was right next door to a service maintenance room and was too noisy to sleep. The receptionist however upgraded us and was more than helpful.

This hotel just needs a bit of TLC with a few more special touches in the public areas. There used to be a fantastic French fine dining restaurant when it was the Sofitel and also a magnificent eggs and Co Breakfast Room.

The toiletries, and comfort of the room cannot be faulted. However the comforters are just a bit too small for two people in bed.

I think that the small tables for the reception. Are a mistake they give the impression of booking into a flight… That never is a comfortable experience!

• Stayed March 2013
Gabriel W, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive comments concerning my staff. I will enjoy sharing with all of the team members. Also I appreciate your feedback concerning the hotel. I do want you to know we are working on a daily basis to improve all aspects of our property. Your business is very important to us and we do apprciate you choosing our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stay at this hotel on a regular basis and I am consistently underwhelmed by just about every aspect of this hotel. In fact, I am staying here right now and once again, this is true.

Holes in the carpet, unclean bathroom where they also forgot to stock soap, outlets that do not work, staff that do their job but that's about it. And this is just on my current trip. I have had similar experiences each time I stay here. I am not sure if it is the size of the hotel where they have just forgotten to pay attention to details, but they consistently miss the mark.

The hotel is under a contract with the company that I work for or else I would definitely be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pick an upper floor as the lower you go, the noisier it gets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I do apologize to you for the encounters you have experienced in my hotel. I want you to know your feedback is very important to my team. I will address all of your concerns with everyone immediately so that we do not have situations like this going forward. Again your business is very important to us and will continue to improve.
Lynnwood
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for nine days on business. All the staff I encountered were wonderful. I must say the banquet management staff - Erica and Amporo - were fantastic. They made sure everything was just right for our meetings. The fitness center was clean and well maintained. I had lunch at the restaurant a few times and my meals were very good. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review. If you find yourself back in Houston we would enjoy having you as our guest.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent seven days at this hotel, four on business and three pleasure. We had meetings during the four days and the staff was friendly and did not miss a detail. Restaurant food was good with variety in menu.

The fitness center is large and machines were available all times during the day. I even had a locker room and cold towels.

We attended the Houston Rodeo, the hotel staff was great at giving us rides to local stores and restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for exterior facing room, it gets the sun. Interior rooms face the atrium. They have memory fo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Whenever I have a business trip to Houston, I always try and take evening flights so I can put in a full day's work at the office. This trip was no exception. When I arrived at the hotel after a late flight, I was told my guaranteed reservation through my company travel agency doesn't mean anything. They were overbooked and did not have a room for me. Now I would consider this a fluke except they did this same thing to me during another business trip about three months ago. Both times they sent me to a lower end chain down the road and picked up the tap as if that would make up for the terrible customer service. Now this Greenspoint area is not the best or safest part of town, and staying the night at some of the cheaper places around is really not recommended. You can be sure that I will contact our travel agency and report this problem as well as to the Hyatt. My recommendation is not to book at this hotel at all...they can't do this same thing to you if you don't try and stay there.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was very slow to seat and not very attentive, but everything else was above expectation. Did not use any facilities other than sleep in the room and eat dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gabriel W, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and I do apologize that the food and beverage did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and very valued so that we are able to improve going forward, Again if you are visiting the Houston area we would welcome your business.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We only stayed here because United Airlines arranged it due to problems with our flight.
We arrived after midnight, and were picked up at the airport by their free shuttle. The driver was very nice, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Check-in was fast and easy.
The room was large, updated, quiet, very comfortable, and extremely clean. I am picky about bathrooms, and it was spotless. Excellent job to the cleaning staff.
We didn't eat at the hotel or use any of their services as our flight left the next morning, so it was a quick overnight stay. Again, another very nice shuttle driver for our ride back to the airport.
From what I could tell with our quick visit, the hotel was very clean and was run by great staff members. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am proud to hear that my team made an impression within your breif time. We strive to ensure all guest receive the same service each and every time.

Been to Hyatt North Houston? Share your experiences!