“A great hotel for business...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt North Houston

Save Saved
You added Hyatt North Houston to your Saves list
Hyatt North Houston
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   425 North Sam Houston Parkway East, Houston, TX 77060 (Formerly Crowne Plaza Houston North - Greenspoint)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #100 of 451 hotels in Houston
Lynnwood
“A great hotel for business...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for nine days on business. All the staff I encountered were wonderful. I must say the banquet management staff - Erica and Amporo - were fantastic. They made sure everything was just right for our meetings. The fitness center was clean and well maintained. I had lunch at the restaurant a few times and my meals were very good. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Teresa S, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind review. If you find yourself back in Houston we would enjoy having you as our guest.

231 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent seven days at this hotel, four on business and three pleasure. We had meetings during the four days and the staff was friendly and did not miss a detail. Restaurant food was good with variety in menu.

The fitness center is large and machines were available all times during the day. I even had a locker room and cold towels.

We attended the Houston Rodeo, the hotel staff was great at giving us rides to local stores and restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for exterior facing room, it gets the sun. Interior rooms face the atrium. They have memory fo...
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Whenever I have a business trip to Houston, I always try and take evening flights so I can put in a full day's work at the office. This trip was no exception. When I arrived at the hotel after a late flight, I was told my guaranteed reservation through my company travel agency doesn't mean anything. They were overbooked and did not have a room for me. Now I would consider this a fluke except they did this same thing to me during another business trip about three months ago. Both times they sent me to a lower end chain down the road and picked up the tap as if that would make up for the terrible customer service. Now this Greenspoint area is not the best or safest part of town, and staying the night at some of the cheaper places around is really not recommended. You can be sure that I will contact our travel agency and report this problem as well as to the Hyatt. My recommendation is not to book at this hotel at all...they can't do this same thing to you if you don't try and stay there.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful. Restaurant was very slow to seat and not very attentive, but everything else was above expectation. Did not use any facilities other than sleep in the room and eat dinner in the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gabriel W, Manager at Hyatt North Houston, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and I do apologize that the food and beverage did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and very valued so that we are able to improve going forward, Again if you are visiting the Houston area we would welcome your business.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We only stayed here because United Airlines arranged it due to problems with our flight.
We arrived after midnight, and were picked up at the airport by their free shuttle. The driver was very nice, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Check-in was fast and easy.
The room was large, updated, quiet, very comfortable, and extremely clean. I am picky about bathrooms, and it was spotless. Excellent job to the cleaning staff.
We didn't eat at the hotel or use any of their services as our flight left the next morning, so it was a quick overnight stay. Again, another very nice shuttle driver for our ride back to the airport.
From what I could tell with our quick visit, the hotel was very clean and was run by great staff members. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am proud to hear that my team made an impression within your breif time. We strive to ensure all guest receive the same service each and every time.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is the third time I have stayed here on business and the second time since it became a Hyatt. The hotel is good for business in the Greenspoint area. There is not much else nearby and the Greenspoint Mall has a bad reputation for safety ("Gunspoint"), I used the hotel basement Fitness Center in the late afternoon on a Thursday. The 4 treadmills were essentially fully occupied the whole time, with occasional breaks. I got lucky and was able to use a treadmill on arrival, but others had to wait a bit. There were a few other exercise machines also available. The rooms are a good size and have a safe and a hair dryer. The staff were helpful and friendly. I did find an article of clothing left by a prior room occupant on the floor in my closet. The AC/Heat/ventilation in the room was a little noisy when it cycled on and off during the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your great feedback concerning your stay with our property. I want you to know we take all comments very seriously. I will address your concerns with all parties involved. We hope that you will consider us again in the near future.
demaileron
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Very friendly staff, easy to deal with. Quick & easy check-in/check-out. The shuttle driver told me he's worked there 20+ years, a good sign they are doing something right. This property used to carry the Sofitel flag then the Intercontinental flag (as a Crowne Plaza). Rooms are oversized yet cozy. Everything is newer and kept up-to-date. Nice and quiet.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your very kind review. I am proud to hear we made a great impression with in your time away from home. We hope that you will consider us and that we will see you again in the near future.

Been to Hyatt North Houston? Share your experiences!