“Pretty Good Staying Although...” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #146 of 470 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Pretty Good Staying Although...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

there's not much to do near the area. Rooms are clean but need some update IMO. There was a parking fee which I wasn't happy about it because it wasn't listed when I booked it. Be aware that there's a $16 parking fee per night. We're from Cali so we were surprised how much people were smoking around the hotel. We changed rooms because our first room smelled like smoke which the staff was fine about accommodating us to another room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay the hotel. As a management team we appreciate the gift of feedback and will share your experience with all our internal stakeholders.

We hope that you will provide us with another opportunity upon your return to the Houston area.

JamalM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here with coworkers for a night and worked a full day from the Platinum Club lounge upstairs. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros
-conveniently located right off the highway (about a 30 minute drive from the airport)
-unpopular location so easy to get upgraded
-quiet hotel and blackout curtains means great sleep

Cons
-internet connection was choppy and unreliable, even in the lounge
-impossible to make a phone call from the lounge
-outdated facilities
-unenthusiastic staff; check-in took forever, even though we were the only ones in line; nobody seemed in any hurry
-difficult to get a cab (we had to walk to the hotel next door)
-pool is barebones and right next to a sad-looking parking lot

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger and if you face the Galleria, you don't get the noise from the highway
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

As a management team we appreciate the gift of feedback about the Internet connection in the Sheraton Club Lounge as well as the issues you encountered upon your arrival to the hotel and will share your experience with all our internal stakeholders.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I needed one night in a hotel, and Houston seems to be a very expensive town.
I used hotwire for the first time and thought for $82 a night, you can't go wrong with an advertised 4-star hotel. Well, I would give this a 3-star.
To start, the parking garage is directly behind the building and not included - nickel and diming. You then walk in the heat to the un air conditioned elevator to go the ground floor and walk past the pool to the entrance of the hotel.
Lobby staff was very friendly and even verbally confirmed that I had pre-paid by Hotwire.
The hallways were not air conditioned, and that is stifling. When I went to get ice from the machine, I am not exaggerating that It was 105F+ in the room.
The room itself was fine, but not 4 stars. The faucets were not of high quality. There was plenty of space to have a double sink, but only had 1.
The shampoo and amenities were most definitely 3-star.
The closet doors were mirrored sliding doors which did not function well.
2 flat screen tvs were nice.,
Free internet was nice.
Room service was quick, but not cheap.
At check out, one of the printers was broken so she had to switch to a different machine.
Starbucks coffee in the room was nice with the little machine and a refrigerator.
I slept well, but it was not 4-stars. I cannot imagine paying full price for this place.

Room Tip: My room was facing the galleria. I worry if it had faced the other direction it would overlook the h...
Green Features: I saw one blue recycling can in the room. There were signs about saving water and not changing sheets/towels, but I was only there one night.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

As a management team we appreciate the gift of feedback about the hallways, the in-room bathroom amenities and will share your experience with all our internal stakeholders.

South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Beautiful suites, comfortable beds! My only area of concern with this hotel, is their lack of commitment to their jobs. The valet guys seemed to always be missing. The staff seems to stand around chatting amongst themselves, rather than projecting a professional upscale image. Then there is the luggage cart issue. They only have 3 for the whole hotel?! We were traveling with 3 kids and a TON of bags. No one offered to help me carry out the luggage. They just said "sorry-no luggage carts", and went back to talking to eachother. I was so mad. I hurt my back trying to carry all that luggage and bags down. (We were on a 10 day trip with 5 people. Lots of bags. ) It would have been nice for someone to offer to help carry bags. Clearly, the management needs to be present and lead the staff better. Hotels are a service business. If you just want to chit chat--be a telemarketer.

Stayed July 2014

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I think the renovation occurred in 2013, and it was done very well. The rooms are nice and updated and they give you a very comfortable feeling. The bar and restaurant are clean and modern, and the food is decent too.

The reason I didn't give this a 5-rating is due to the $16/day self-parking charge (I know it's the Galleria area, but that's excessive to me), and the traffic you need to deal with getting in and out of the hotel. It's located between San Felipe and Westheimer on the 610 feeder so getting in and out around rush hour times is a challenge.

Road noise from the freeway isn't too bad, but if possible try to get a room not facing 610.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and got a chance to experience our newly renovated product in the heart of the uptown Houston Galleria area.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Houston.

jacksonville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at Sheraton Suites Galleria over 4th of July weekend while visiting family in Houston. I was very impressed with the hotel from the moment I walked in. The rooms were spacious, nicely designed and very comfortable. I did not want to leave the Sheraton when I left. The hotel was also very well placed and had amazing complimentary shuttle and free internet. I truly feel this hotel is great for any travelers: Business, family, romance etc...... I also thought the pricing of the parking was great as well and cheaper than other hotels I previously stayed. Overall, when I come back to Houston the Sheraton Suites Near The Galleria would definitely be a option.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and got a chance to experience our complimentary wireless Internet access as well as our courtesy shuttle service.

Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Warm regards,
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Great place to stay near the Galleria. My family decided to meet up in Houston and The places I normally stay we're not available. I was offered this place which I reluctantly accepted at first but to my surprise the place is good. My room is big for a hotel. It has a nice living space separate from the bedroom, great bed and nicely appointed room.

Stayed July 2014
SSHG, Director of Sales at Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed the layout of our suites, the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Warm regards,