“Be sure to try the buffet!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental

You added Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental to your Saves list
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15700 John F Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #197 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Huntersville, NC
“Be sure to try the buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2007

Stayed on property for business for 4 nights during the week. I've stayed at a lot of Sheratons and this hotel met or exceeded the standard. As part of the Sheraton preferred guest program, they upgraded me to a corner suite. It was pretty small as suites go, but it was nice to have the room divided (had a half wall). Room was clean. My only dissapointment was with the shower. I was on a higher floor, and the first time I took a shower, the water was barely lukewarm. I called down to the front desk and they said that it was an old pipe system and that if I let the water running long enough it would get hot. The next night, I left the water running and approximately 6-8 minutes later, it finally got hot. That sure is a lot of wasted water!

I ordered room service for a breakfast and a dinner and was overall pleased with the speed, service and food.

For lunch on several of the days I ordered the buffet in the restaurant and I will tell you, its not your standard buffet. I think its attractively priced for a hotel ($11.95 ?) and there was a choice selection of salads, chips, several entrees, sides and a nice dessert station, all beautifully presented. Very tasty too!

Aside from the temperature of the water, I enjoyed this property very much!

• Stayed May 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Vancouver, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2007

On our trip from Vancouver to Guadalajara we had to overnight in Houston. When flying Continental, this is a normal occurrence. So the criteria for our one night stay was a clean, comfortable hotel near the airport with a free airport shuttle. And that it was. This is a large hotel from a large chain that could have been in Minneapolis for all we knew. The staff are friendly and efficient but the rooms, bed, decor, and cleanliness were all average. We turned the air conditioning unit off but still had a constant hum with us all night. We had dinner in the restaurant just off the lobby (can't remember the name) and that too was just average.

After the Houston baggage handlers lost the entire plane's luggage for over 2 hours, we were tired and decided to skip the shuttle and take a cab to the hotel. A 10-minute taxi ride cost $12. The next morning we used the hotel's free shuttle which left on time and provided good service.

Bottom line... there are some very friendly staff here trapped in an ordinary hotel.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

This is a rundown hotel. The bed sheets in our room smelled like chemicals and had crumbs on them when we checked in. The sink in the bathroom was also cracked. Overall, very disappointing for a hotel that cost $165 per night.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

This hotel's location cannot be beat for travelers who wish to be near IAH. Right down JFK is the airport and the rental car center.

The hotel itself is...okay. It is completely run of the mill and nothing special. I was a bit surprised that this hotel carried the Sheraton flag. Even though it is an airport hotel and they do tend to be a bit bland, I got more of a feeling of being in a Comfort Inn or Howard Johnson than a Sheraton.

I was able to check-in early, which was nice because I had to get right to a meeting and woudn't have otherwise been able to do so until very late at night.

The hotel's parking lot, in my opinion, was adequate but quite small and there didn't seem to be a really good way of gaining access to the lobby...long walks, etc.

The 24 hour fitness center is very nice with new Life Fitness machines that feature in-screen television. I had my own, but I remember seeing a sign to ask the front desk for headphones.

The room was clean, comfortable bed, but definitely a bit aged. The temperature controls worked well.

The staff was quite helpful.

I didn't use the restaurant or pool during my stay.

Overall, for a short stay near the airport, this is a fairly good location. But I wouldn't pay much more than $150/nt.

• Liked — Location convenient to the airport.
  • Disliked — Property seemed tired and overdue for a renovation.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

We stayed here after a cruise that came into Galveston until we could get on a very early flight the next morning.

Airport pickup went smoothly, we only waited 5 or 6 minutes, driver was polite. Check-in went well, friendly service, no grief when I switched our double room to a king (which I had already requested, but my request must've been lost.) We checked in around 12:30 and our room was ready, clean, but hot (fixed this with thermostat) and steamy (a little unpleasant but not bad.)

We used the small exercise room and attempted to get in the hot tub but it is only lukewarm and the jets blow all the water out of the tub for some reason. So if you're coming for a romantic stay and want to use the pool/hot tub, keep this in mind.

Our room was clean, larger than expected, with a comfortable bed, sofa, chest, tv, and desk. The bathroom was adequate (but with very scratchy towels!)

For the price we paid (taxes and fees included it was only 75 dollars) we were pleased with the hotel as a clean and comfortable place to sleep that is very close to IAH. The airport shuttle took us to the airport at 4:20 the next morning, no problems.

I would stay here again if I needed a place near the airport. There is very little within walking distance, although there is a pizza shop, subway, cafe, and mediterranean sandwich shop (highly recommended) across the highway.

• Liked — Convenience to airport, value for money.
  • Disliked — Not much to do in the nearby area, we got bored very quickly and were only there one day.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Fort Polk, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

The Sheraton is a beautiful hotel which offers both an indoor and outdoor pool, as well as a hot tub, work out room and restaurant on the premises.

Our check in was quick and efficient. We were able to park right outside the side door and unload our bags. Our room was clean and roomy.

The work out room was clean, bright and had many options for working out. The indoor pool and hot tub were a bit older and the hot tub had PVC pipe jets that were further in that were not flush with the tub. When the tub is on, you cannot not see these pipes and I hurt my back by jabbing it with the pipe. The edges of the pool and hut tub were dirty and could've used a scrubbing.

The food in the restaurant was wonderful and the staff were well trained. We had a wonderful time at this hotel and I would definitely book there again if I have to return to IAH.

• Liked — The room was very comfortable and quiet for being so close to the airport.
  • Disliked — Scum around pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2006

I stayed at the Sheraton at IAH twice, at either end of a visit to Houston, and really liked the hotel. It's not perfect, but I was impressed enough that I'll stay there again.

I had a room on the club floor, but since I was there on the weekend, the lounge was closed and they gave me breakfast coupons and a coupon for a free appetizor in the restaurant. The room was clean and fresh smelling, with a very comfortable bed and nice bathroom amenities.

I had problems with the lock on my door: it kept not recognizing my key, so I had to call the desk to send someone up a couple of times. They were prompt dealing with it.

The restaurant was empty for the two dinners and one breakfast I had there, but the food and service was good.

Two things I think could use improvement. The shuttle service from the airport took a long time, both times I used it. Several other hotels had two vans come by before the Sheraton's did. Also, the workout room, while more equipt than most hotel workout rooms, has somewhat older machines and most of the dumbbells appear to be missing.

• Liked — The wonderful bed
  • Disliked — The gym
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental? Share your experiences!