You added Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental to your Saves list
Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental
Ranked #197 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Protem, Missouri
“Needs updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent some time with the sales manager who described the planned updates for this hotel. The room I used was just fine. Nice bed and the air conditioner kept the room as cold as I liked. I have problems at quite a few hotels getting the room as cool as I prefer. It's the lobby and the bar which both need work. I's say that with the updates this will be a nice place to stay. Very close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regards to your stay. As you have mentioned, most of the rooms are completed with their renovation and the bar is currently undergoing complete renovation. Once the bar is done, lobby is scheduled to be renovated and I'm sure we will be able to exceed your expectation once all the work is done. Once again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Bergen County, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sorry to say, even though this hotel saved me from the nightmare of a cancelled flight out of Houston's Bush Airport, or sleeping in the airport.... it's really quite a "not great whatsoever" experience......

The hotel is so dated and the rugs are dirty.
The hotel restaurant and "bar" are bizzare - to say the least.
The sleeping rooms.... well let's just say the bed didn't kill me, so that's ok.
The prices in the "gift shop" ridiculously high end for the "necessities" stranded travelers need...

Shall I go on?

With all the other choices, next time, I will pick one of those!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regards to your stay. First, I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectation. Hotel is under new ownership and management and is currently undergoing multi-million dollar renovation to address all the issues you have mentioned. Lobby you have mentioned will be completely renovated and bar you have mentioned is currently under renovation and bar you have visited was our temporary bar. As far as gift shop is concerned, it is seperate entity and hotel does not operate the gift shop. I do hope next time you visit North Houston area, you will visit us under better circumstances and I'm sure you will enjoy your stay with us.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The restaurant was slow and inefficient (and the order was wrong), the front desk was rude, and security disturbed my sleep. Walls are paper thin and the sheets had a stain. This hotel is an embarrassment to the Sheraton and SPG chain.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
John C, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regards to your recent stay with us. I would first like to apologize for falling short of your expectation. Hotel is under new ownership and management and our goal is to provide best products and services to our guest. To accomplish that goal, hotel is undergoing multi-million dollar renovation and staffs are being retrained so that we can be home away from home for our guest. If you have a moment to speak to me in more detail about your experience so that issues can be properly addressed, I would truly appreicate it. Thank you once again for sharing your experience and look forward to hearing back from you.
Thousand Oaks, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I wan't unhappy with anything in particular, but this property like many is in need of a bit of a make over. There was nice art in the rooms though and service was excellent. The restaurant however was dark, depressing, and really needed to have a massive rennovation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnChoi_Sheraton, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review regards to your recent stay with us. I would like to take this opporunity to apologize for falling short of your expectation. Hotel is under new ownership and management and is currently undergoing multi-million dollar renovation to address your concerns. Scope of this renovation doesn't just include restaurant and bar but also every guest rooms, pulic areas, club lounge, and etc. I do hope next time you are back in North Houston area, you will come back to see us so that we may exceed your expectation. Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed at this Sheraton before when connecting in Houston. The hotel is super close to the airport but not so close where you hear every plane coming in. In March 2013, we spent one night at the hotel before we flew home the following day. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived and saw that renovations have been occurring. Our room was fantastic! Everything new and very modern. The hallway was renovated as well with new carpet, paint and wallpaper. The room was clean and very comfortable. As always, I love the bed!! So comfortable. Since we only came in to rest and sleep, we didn't try the restaurant but when we were there last, it was pretty good. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. We will always book the Sheraton when in Houston.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JohnChoi_Sheraton, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out wonderful review regards to your last stay with us. I'm so delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for recognizing the transformation hotel is making to better serve our guest. This renovation includes not just all guest rooms but the public areas, the restauarant and the bar, and the club lounge along with numerous upgrades. I would also like to thank you for recognizing our front desk staff for job well done. I hope on your next visit, we will have the renovation wrapped up and for you to be able to enjoy not just newly renovated rooms but rest of the hotel as well.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Horrible experience. Will never stay here ever again. No A/C- No hot water.
When we arrived back at 3AM & discovered these problems the front desk never answered the phone. I'm pretty sure they kept hanging up on me. So I gave up. As a Starwood member this is beyond disappointing.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JohnChoi_Sheraton, Manager at Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I would like to first apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. One day in March, we did have a problem with our chiller and was down for 2 hours period and it was brought back online. Since then, we have addressed the issue and do not anticipate any further problem. As far as water issue is concerned, it's part of the renovation scope and we are addressing it as we are currently under renovation. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs next time you travel to North Houston area to showcase the trasformation hotel has gone through. Thank you so much once again for the feedback and for your future stay with us, please contact me directly at j.choi@sheratoniah.com.
Phoenix, az.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for years for work and I must say that lately it has gone down hill. They are doing construction, but even the rooms that are finished are not really that well kept, and the constant issues with water and odor and other maintinence problems would keep me away. On my last stay I was moved 3 times until there was finally a room with no issue. That said, the staff is nice but that is not enough to bring me back and I would by no means suggest someone else stay there.

Room Tip: As stated before, I don't think there are unless you are a starwood member and the executive flo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. As you have mentioned, hotel is currently undergoing renovation and water issue is one of the area being addressed. As far as odor is concerned, it was caused by the renovation and we have changed the paint to avoid that going forward. I do apologize for having to move you 3 times during your last stay along with water and odor issue. I did notice you have mentioned you prefer room on our executive floor and I will be more than happy to accommodate your request on next stay. Please contact me directly at j.choi@sheratoniah.com and I will take care of that request for you. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your accommodation needs next time you travel to North Houston area. Thank you.

Been to Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental? Share your experiences!