“Thanks!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #122 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Thanks!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I just wanted to take out time to say how PLEASANT AND HELPFUL RITA (at the front desk) was!!!!! she really made our stay that much better! The room where nice but it was truely the experience of meeting Rita what makes us want to stay again!!! Blessings

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Indonesian first
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Due to poor service in the past I stopped staying at this hotel but decided to give it another try. The employee that checked me in promised to win me back. He had a great attitude and tried hard, but it goes back on my "do not stay here" list. First of all, the hotel needs a facelift. It looks like you've traveled back to the 70s. The hallways have a musty odor and don't look at the carpeting unless you want a good scare. The rooms haven't had a makeover since Carter was president.

Half of the equipment in the exercise room doesn't work and it looks like they have no intention of every getting it to work.

The breakfast service is unbelievably bad. They have 2 servers working it that seem so overworked and diisinterested that calling them a server is an injustice to servers everywhere. Getting a refill on a cup of coffee meant first trying to wave them over, being ignored, and then getting up tracking them down with my cup. The food is bad and the service is worse.

One evening there was a large party being held at the hotel, which meant that the parking lot was completely full. I mean completely full. So that there were no parking spots for hotel guests. There was obviously zero thought on the impact to the guests. They could have given us a warning in the morning with instructions on alternate parking locations. Or how about having someone in the parking lot that can tell you what is going on and where you can park. The last thing you want after a long work day is circle a parking lot for 30 minutes.

There are plenty of other hotels nearby for the same or lower price. Make this place your last option.

Room Tip: Old and musty and most employees have a poor attitude.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
I apologize for your disappointment with your stay at the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow. The parking situation that occurred on the night of your stay is unacceptable. The number of people that attended the event that night was much larger than expected. We have developed a plan in the unlikely occurrence of this type of parking issue arising in the future.
We do have plans to renovate the guest rooms in the near future. In addition, your comments have been shared with the entire hotel team.
Again, I am truly sorry that you did not have a good experience at our hotel.

Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I am very surprised at all the positive reviews of this property, which motivated me to book it for a recent business trip. Bottom line on this property is that it is in desperate need of an update. I knew it was old just from the 1970s painted driveway as I walked into the lobby. My first room which was on the 3rd floor had a pleasant looking bed, but the carpeting was old and dingy, the bathroom was small and looked like the original from 1975, and somehow they managed to put Fred Flintsone's television in the room as well.

The staff was very pleasant though and accomodating. I asked if there were more recently updated rooms available and thankfully, I was relocated to the 10th floor where the room was updated. Updated bathroom around the original tub, with a granite countertop sink that was seperate from the toilet and shower. High ceilings, with updated furniture, lighting fixtures, and wallpaper, as well as a 28" LCD sans HD. The only complaints there were a musty smell from the AC, a flat screen TV with no HD, and a very large plastic plant which seemed to cheapen the whole experience.

Breakfast the next morning was perhaps the worst breakfast I can remember having in quite a while. Again, here the dining room which was a ways of a walk from the lobby, was just old as heck. The furniture is beyond worn out. Sitting in the chair, you could feel the springs as the cushions were worn and tattered. It didn't make for a fresh breakfast experience and I couldn't wait to finish and get out.

I'm shocked that IHG hasn't forced this property to freshen up. Overall, I did not look forward to going back to this hotel after a long day in the office and if I weren't there with colleagues I would have checked out.

Room Tip: 10th floor is the only place I would stay, but I won't be coming back.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
I truly apologize that your expectations were not met during your visit to the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow.
I realize how important it is to be comfortable when you are away from home. The hotel team strives to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay at our hotel. There are future plans to upgrade and renovate our guestrooms. The upgrades will be posted on our website.
Please contact me directly if you reconsider staying at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow. I will be happy to personally assist you.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I can not even begin to brag enough on the staff at the Crowne Plaza, We have had many gatherings at various hotels in the last 10 years and this by far was the most successful one! Everyone was professional and so extremely helpful. The accomadations were fantastic!!! Our group has 2 events a year and occasionally a small one mid stream.. Hand down we will always be at the Crowne Plaza from this day forward!! Piper and her crew made our Halloween gathering the most memorable event ever!!

Room Tip: Then poolside rooms a spacious and very accomadating for larger people and disabled. The tower rooms...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 3 night business trip and everything was terrific! I can't say enough about Henry and his incredible service & demeanor - Henry is made for this business and it's clear he loves his job AND making people feel special. I'm in the service business and it is celar Henry is a superstar!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
I would like to thank you for taking the time to commend Henry Strait. He is a very valuable hotel team member who truly enjoys working with our guests.
I understand the value of dealing with friendly and caring people when you are away from home. I have past on your kudos to Henry and have shared your comments with the entire hotel team.
Also, I would like to thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Houston Brookhollow and look forward to you visiting us in the future.

Troy, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Me and the girls stopped through here on a 5 city 3 state road trip. By the time we got here we certainly needed the rest. Great location with restaurants around. The bed was heavenly and the hotel staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I recently stayed at your location and was extremely impressed with Rizwan Marfani. He call me by last name, went above and beyond several times. Your shuttle driver was out one of the evenings and Rizwan did not miss a beat. He is a true asset to CP. I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Our team at the Crowne Plaza is passionate about guest service and making your stay as comfortable as possible. I thank you for taking the time to recognize our hotel and look forward to having you as a guest in the future!

Rizwan Marfani
Front Office Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow? Share your experiences!