“Not up to Crowne Plaza Standards” 2 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #133 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Houston, Texas
“Not up to Crowne Plaza Standards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I have stayed in hotels all over the country, including many other Crowne Plaza hotels. This one is not up to the minimum business traveler's standards. I stayed in Room 600 and the traffic noise was there, but not too bad. The room was large and clean, but none of that makes up for the 1980's television or the extremely slow internet. I did a ping test and it came back as slower than dial up service. Too slow for data transfer or VPN access. I will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
Thank you for your feedback about our property! We are glad that you found our rooms to be large and clean! As for the issues that you had with your room concerning the TV and internet connection, let me reassure you that we are aware of them and working on improving both. In fact we have begun to replace the outdated televisions in most of our rooms and will have all of the televisions changed out very soon. Our internet is also something that we are currently in the process of improving. We are working with a national internet provider to expand coverage and increase speed for our guest. This project will be completed before the end of March '11 Guest will have the ability to stream video as well as connect to VPN networks. We would like to invite you back to see the exciting changes for yourself!

Regards,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Indonesian first
Billerica, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I am the Travel coordinator for a manufacturing company on the East Coast and we have a plant in Houston. Whenever I call to book a reservation it is done quickly and efficiently. I always receive anyswers to questions in a timely manner. Rizwan at the front desk helped out with transport to the airport and saved me an extra call! This is a preferred Hotel by all who travel to Houston. THey just handled a sales meeting in January and everything was ready to go and the food was good too!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, March 2, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to recognize our hotel! It is wonderful to hear that your experience with us has been pleasant and helpful. Our guest and their needs are always top priorityto us. We have a great Sales team that is always ready to take care of any event needs; corporate or leisure. Please continue to give us feedback so we can continue to improve your experience with us!

Warm Regards,
Rizwan Marfani
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

I would like to commend the entire hospitality team at the hotel on their diligence in making our two day meeting go off with out any problem. I had an issue with a lost reservation for myself and one of the front desk staff members, Henry Strait, efficiently take care of me and provide me with accommodations. Henry also checked in with me periodically as I passed him in the lobby or on the grounds to make sure that my experience and the entire assembly of participants of my company were without any problems. Kudos to him and the rest of the team. Will definitely revisit this facility for future group meetings and events for my company...we had over 100 employees this past week. Peter Grumbos, DDS, FAGD

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

my quick business trip to houston almost became a long, drawn out affair if it were not for the helpful staff at Crowne Plaza Hotel Northwest-Brookhollow. after finding out that my car battery was dead, each staff member i approached generously gave me their time, effort or tools to help. it amazed me that so many were genuinely interested in helping me get back on the road and home to my family. after being carted to a battery store and getting help putting the new battery in the car, i vowed to share this experince with all trying to decide their hotel choices in the houston area. i would greatly recommend the Crowne Plaza Hotel Northwest-Brookhollow.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
CPNorthwest, Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
It's great to hear that our staff was able to help get your car back up and running. It's always good to know the team is doing all they can to make your stay pleasant. Thank you for sharing your experience with us as well. We look forward to hosting you next time you are in the Houston area.
Morgan City, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed on the 1st floor, poolside. The room did not feel clean and the lamp between the beds had gum stuck on the underside of the lampshade. The water in the lavatory would not get hot and the tv hasn't been updated since 1990. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We spent two days with these folks, and it was delightful.
Their front office manager Riz Marfani acts like a good will ambassador. He will do anything possible to make your stay enjoyable.
I had read about Riz in other TA reviews. He was
complimented consistently. These reviews did not do him justice.
He helped us select a restaurant among a list of about 40 on the hotels list. The place was ultimately outstanding.
The room were nice, bright, clean, and comfortable. The bed had a nice pillow-top mattress.
We slept like logs. The window insulation is great.
The dining room service was superior at breakfast,
and the food was tasty.
This property is at least 30 years old, but appears much newer inside.
There's lots a space for convention business here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
CPNorthwest, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow, responded to this review, January 14, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback! At the Crowne Plaza Brookhollow our goal is to always exceed your expectations and give you personalized service. Our guest are our passion! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back!

Rizwan Marfani
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for one night after arriving from Europe.
The company I had business with booked a room for me.
I got a room at the front of the hotel ... and the hotel is only about 150 yards (50 meter) from the Interstate ... a very busy Interstate! And then you also have to consider the window have single class, so you can hear the traffic quite well.
So, if you are only staying for a good night of sleeping, avoid rooms at the front of the hotel at least!

Service was good, breakfast was reasonable and not included in the price (about $15.00 p.p.). On the second floor there is a chance to have free breakfast, but the choice is very limited.

Paid $129 for the room and $15 for breakfast. Overpriced considering the location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston - Brookhollow? Share your experiences!