“Recommend this Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #187 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Chicago, IL
“Recommend this Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

This is a nice hotel with a friendly and professional staff. Stayed at this hotel because of the price and room size. I was not disappointed. This hotel had a very inviting atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

This was our second stay at this location. Hotel is clean and comfortable. The breakfast has a nice variety. Hotel offers shuttle service to the nearby medical district.

Hotel staff is friendly and accommodating.

Stayed June 2006
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2006

I stayed one night in April 2006. I selected the hotel because it is close to Texas Medical Center where I had a non-medical appointment scheduled, and it had received a good rating in TripAdvisor. I was very impressed with this hotel. When I arrived late in the evening, the hotel's front door was locked. The front desk clerk immediately unlocked the door and helped me with my bags without being asked. There was a friendly note from the hotel manager waiting for me when I checked in. The hotel lobby has a computer with a printer, which allowed me to print several important messages that had arrived by email while i was on route to the hotel. My suite was large with a living room, bedroom, and large bathroom. While I was working on the computer in the lobby, I could hear how the hotel staff was very courteous to all the guests. The staff arranged for the hotel van to provide the guests with rides to the Texas Medical Center and surrounding area and helped out everyone with their own problems. It was apparent that many patients stay at this hotel and the spirit was very friendly. I requested a late checkout (which was on a Friday) to delay packing my belongings and I was told that I could stay until 3PM at no charge or instead even until 7PM by paying for an additional half day's stay. I was most impressed by the friendly caring attitude of the staff at this hotel. There is a shopping center with a large grocery store (called Fiesta), an office supply store, a good Mexican restaurant, and an Olive Garden restaurant all just 1/4 mile to the West of the hotel on Spanish Trail. The drive to Texas Medical Center was only 10 minutes, and the hotel was only 5 minutes from Reliant Stadium and from I-610.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
new york, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

What puts this hotel over the top is the staff. This included the front desk (very helpful) and the shuttle service providers, who were sweating they were working so hard to get everyone where they needed to be! This hotel serves a lot of people going back and forth to the medical center and it was comfortable, clean and provided a great breakfast with lots of choices and "to go" bags. The rooms aren't huge but there's plenty of storage space and two TV's. Even though the shuttle will take you anywhere you need to go, i'd leave an hour's time to get anywhere in the morning (7-9AM) -- eat breakfast in the meantime. There are a few restaurants in walking distance, but not many (the shuttle will drive to Rice Village, apparently). Overall the hotel was nicely renovated, clean and the staff was memorable. I highly recommend it over the much more expensive hotels right on-site at the medical center.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

I've stayed there before and the weekend rate has always been $79. A bunch of us from New Orleans were leaving due to Hurricane Dennis. My friend booked early and got the normal $79, but by the time I called the next day, it had jumped to $109! Very disappointed that a marriot would take advantage of people fleeing from the weather!

• Stayed July 2005
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

We stayed at this property for the first time last May. I take my daughter to Houston for medical care. Previously, we stayed at the Hampton Inn Astrodome, which we always liked until our last trip. Its under new management, and they really need to take Hotel Management 101. I couldn't believe it was the same place! Basically, the room was dirty and our requests to have the room put in order were treated like some trivial complaint (cigarette ashes all over the sink and floor, obviously not vacumned, waste cans not emptied, found 2 pills on the floor--certainly anyone would complain about that!). They finally moved us to another room, but no offer to "comp" us for the gross inconvenience (arrived at 10 pm, tired with 2 cranky kids, and took over 1.5 hours to get the room problems handled). We should at least have gotten a discount on our stay and/or some extra Hilton Honors points.

Well, apparently the SpringHill suites is a new property. Our last "doc run" we stayed here. I took both my children. Its called a studio, but its actually more like a one bedroom suite with a seperate living room. The bedroom has two queen beds, the LR has a pull out sleeper sofa, and there's two tvs, 2 phone lines, and a little kitchenette--microwave, fridge, coffee maker, sink area. The closet is nice and big, unlike the Hampton which just has an amoire, Both charge the exact same price, but you get double the room here at SpringHill Suites and a full breakfast, not just rolls and coffee. One thing you don't get at Springhill which is in abundance at the Hampton Astrodome--an attitude!

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2005

Stay there during Spring Break weekend. Like their 2 Queens plus one sofa bed set. Big room space for 5 people. The staff there is very nice. The suites are new and clean. Breakfast buffet is also O.K. At least they have hot meat in the food, which you hardly can see any in other places. Our whole family really enjoyed stay there, and will come back later.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Springhill Suites Houston Medical Center/ NRG Park? Share your experiences!