“I love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Houston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Riverway, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #31 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I travel a lot on business, and often to Houston. I have been staying at this property for many years--from the days when it was a Four Seasons right up to today. I probably stay here 4-5 times a year.

It is a beautiful property in a beautiful setting. Service is always outstanding. Restaurants consistently excellent. Rooms always pristine. I have a high pressure job and just walking into the lobby of this place relaxes me.

This last trip I was able to bring my wife, and she enjoyed the beautiful pool area (two large pools surrounded by great landscaping and a pond with black swans) immensely. It was our anniversary and everyone treated us like we were very, very special people.

Another wonderful stay at the Omni.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Two of my girlfriends and I stayed here overnight when bringing our children (ages one, one, and three) to Houston to go to the Houston Zoo and the Downtown Aquarium. All members of the hotel staff that we encountered were wonderful from the valet attendant to the front desk clerk. Check in was quick as we were processed prior to arrival for being reward members. We had an attendant carry our bags to and from the room due to having the kids and they were so helpful and even tried to engage the kids. The hotel property is nice and the location is central and feels secluded. The room was spacious for all of us and had plenty of towels, washcloths, and extra linens in the closet. We used the pool which wasn't crowded at all and easily accessible. Although I thought the valet was pricey at $27 we got a great rate on the room $119 as they allow public educators to use the state rate discount. I would def. stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I do not know how to begin, beautiful hotel, great service. modern, yet classy interiors. I asked for a baby crib and in less than two minutes I got the crib! Housekeeping was very efficient.
The pool area is great, we forgot that we where in Houston, we feel as in vacation. When we returned to our room, we found milk and cookies for the girls. Super super nice hotel. I super recommend it!
Other thing: parking, you have all the choices, valet, or self parking, or free parking in the building behind the hotel. If you are looking for a hotel in this area do not hesitate! Go to Omni, you would not regret it. CLose to "the galleria mall"
I am enclosing pictures.

Room Tip: mine was 416 and was very nice and spacious. faced the main entrance I suppose that facing the pool...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had the three-night stay in early June with a wedding group. This hotel is sort of wedding-central, so be warned if you are looking for a business hotel or private/romantic getaway. There were five different wedding groups there during my stay and somehow it all worked well with only minor noise issues on one evening. We enjoyed all the food outlets and the local fare -- really you might be surprised at the quality. I have to give a special shout out to the staff including the room service crew, the head of F&B and the general manager himself for their efforts. Whenever I had special requests or specific complaints, they responded quickly and positively. I always give real-time feedback (positive and developmental) so that service can be maintained/improved and we can all benefit. What to improve: quality of in-room and Morsels tea service (that's it really, and this should be easy to fix).

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid the noise in the lobby and club.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a church convention. It was amazing!!!! The cleanliness was outstanding, I had no problem at all with any problems in terms of cleanliness!!!! I am a very clean person who hates to see any kind of cleanliness defects. The Conference Center was amazing! Everything was well planned and any request was met. I would recommend this hotel for anyone.
My only advice is to watch out for the sign because in my opinion it is difficult to see at first if you don't know the area. But else wise its an amazing hotel.

Room Tip: Watch out for the sign
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Ok so I see that Omni gets great reviews, infact it was for that reason that I went ahead and chose it amongst other fine hotels in Houston for a weekend spa reatreat. The service personnel were very professional and pleasant except for the hosts at the breakfast who couldn't whip a smile to greet us when we arrived for breakfast on both days. Nonetheless everyone else was very pleasant and very friendly. The room looked ok at first glance - nothing jarringly exciting nor breathtaking, just a regular neat looking space until further inspection. There was dust on every thing. Not to make a fuss I decided I would live with it for the two nights but upon further inspection of the bathroom I was appalled. Not only was there dust on the sink, water glasses, mirror trim etc etc, I noticed dried up toothpaste spittle on the faucet attached to the bathroom sink. That my friends was absolutely gross and exteremly disgusting especially for a hotel with such high ratings from it's patrons. What makes the situation worse is that, at less costly and less rated hotels, I have never experienced this level of unsanitary conditions in a bathroom. That night I called the concierge to have it taken care of the next day only to arrive back from my outing to discover the room was cleaned but the cleaner somehow 'still' did not manage to clean the faucet. Fortunately as a rewards member I had an evening turndown service, where I was able to appeal to the cleaner that showed up to please remove the disgusting sight from the bathroom. She did - but all she did was wipe it off, imagine, another person's spittle. One would think a bathroom sanitizer cleaner or some lysol? At this point, I decided I had to speak to the manager 'in person' and I did. I reported everything and even informed her that I will mention my experiences in a review as such. She was gracious and very pleasant, offered her apologies and even gave us a voucher for breakfast the next day. She made sure that it was cleaned throughly before we returned that evening. Needless to say, that experience has completely exed Omni from any future hotel choices for me as all I can think of is how old, in need of renovation, and exteremely gross and disgusting their bathroom was. So for me, Omni hotels? No thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is located in a somewhat secluded area in the Galleria district. It is about a 5 minutes’ drive to the famous Galleria Shopping Center. The amenities at the hotel were typical for a 4 star hotel. The staff was polite as expected and willing to help as required. Check-in was timely and ambiance was welcoming. Valet parking was expensive but one has the option of utilizing the free parking in the back of the hotel. However the free parking requires about a 200-400 feet walk. The exercise room was adequately stocked and the pool was is rather large with good sitting areas. Internet is complimentary if you are an Omni member and $9.95/day for non-member. Food at the restaurant was palatable and not too overly expensive. There is a Sunday brunch that goes from 11am – 2pm. The brunch cost $37.99 for adults plus tax and service charge.

Room Tip: Good for romantic getaway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Omni Houston Hotel? Share your experiences!