“OMNI HOTEL HOUSTON GALARIA” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Houston Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Riverway, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #16 of 451 hotels in Houston
Chicago, Illinois
“OMNI HOTEL HOUSTON GALARIA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visiting family for a baptism, very conveniently located, rooms very comfortable, unfortunately late night dining is not available as we arrived late at night bar was open but our underage daughters were not allowed in per the staff. would help if there was a snack bar or fruit available 24 hours.

Room Tip: seems very active with parties, banquets, maybe a room away from the elevators to avoid the late nig...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chris C, Director of Operations at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thanks for your nice comments. Sorry, the Black Swan is for persons 21 years old and over...

765 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Turkish first
PITTSBURGH,PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Visit started out ROCKY. I had requested their $25 room upgrade and was informed upon arrival that it was not available for the first night . Later was told it might not be available at all. The website does say on availability but if not available the hotel does not email you to tell you the upgrade is not there. Makes planning a little more difficult. Front desk manager was very helpful on 2nd day of 3 and we did get the upgraded room which is worth the extra $25 if offered.
Second MAJOR issue was the hotel pronounced that the pool would be closed to hotel guests the first day of our stay (a Friday) due to a pool party. The sales dept was trying to increase hotel sales at the expense of its hotel guests. I DID bring this up with management . Temp outside that day was 80+ ! Hotel management decided to open a small sliver of the pool to hotel guests even with the pool party. For a hotel as classy as the OMNI wants to be , there is no excuse for allowing this to happen.
Once we got past the initial issues the hotel staff and front desk mangers DID try very hard to make amends and make sure we were satisfied with the remainder of our stay. AS to hotel service, they deserved an A+. Overall, the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.
One HINT: before staying at any OMNI join there rewards program , it WILL save you money during your visit and might get you a few extra perks.

Room Tip: talking from outdoor patio DOES filter up to rooms Poolside odd numbers over 25 may have late nig...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chris C, Director of Operations at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am glad our team responded in such a positive way to the issues you mentioned. Thank you for the opportunity to overcome! I am glad you noticed the many benefits of our Select Guest program, my favorite perk is the complimentary morning beverages delivered right to your door.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels but for a few reasons, this one stands out as my favorite. The first reason being the staff, which I learned is a critical part of the hotel experience. The staff at the Omni is very nice and welcoming without being overbearing. They seem to respect guest's privacy while going out of their way to accommodate needs. The hotel itself is in an excellent location. It is in the busiest part of the city but feels like a secluded hideaway. You look out the window and see nothing but trees. The pool is incredible and I get a lot of work done on my laptop inside one of their cabanas. They do not mind late check outs, which is very cool. I have never had the food, so I can not speak on that.

The only thing that is not great is the parking. I prefer not to pay $30 for valet or $16 for self parking so I go for the free parking in the rear of the hotel, which means I have to walk quite a ways to and from my car. It is great of them to even offer free parking, as most hotels in the area do not give the option. It's a little hike..but no big deal.

Room Tip: Get it on Hotwire!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I love our free parking option. Check us out at Omnihotels.com !!
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is nothing but a disaster, and in an Omni Hotel?! Ugh.

I had clients staying here whereas our business is in the area. Our service is deplorable, the food is mediocre (steak sandwhich = shoe leather on a day-old bun) and the prices! I know Houston prices, people. To equal the value of the food they serve here, the wait staff should be feeding it to you while singing show tunes. I overheard the manager talking to someone who was there to pick up their lunch, and they were trying to charge her a $25 service charge for 3 sandwhiches! Come on, Omni. Clean up your act. Until then, my clients stay at the Hilton.

Side note - the Mokara Spa also gave my client a 45 minute spa manicure. $125.00 later, she had polish smudged, sore cuticles, and a very surpruising bill (they did not disclose the cost prior to the service, and needless to say, one would not have thought she would get stabbed fo that much. Yes, she has been to many spas,)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Tough feedback to hear; however, I certrainly appreciate it none the less. I will try the sandwiches immediately to determine what corrections we need to make. We do not have a service charge for picking up food from our location. I would love to get specifics on the spa treatment, you may reach me at 713 624 4811 or ccoleman@omnihotels.com as I would like to follow up directly with the therapist that performed the services. Our charge for manicures top out at $65, I would like to determine if there were any additonal purchases. Any feedback is gift, thanks for your time in advance.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went to Houston to spend a few days for the rodeo and grab a concert. The hotel is very nice and it's got great views. The pool looked like it would be lots of fun but we didn't get a chance to test it out. My main issue here was the room staff was very impatient and would just walk in after 1 knock. They leave you drinks in the morning and it comes on a little tray, thy want this tray back by 11 or so. If you have not called to turn it in they come get it. They knock and wait a few seconds and ten knock again. Then they just walk in. What's even more annoying is they want to come check the mini bar and god basket at 9 am. I was sooo upset that I had to get out of bed and get dressed jus to let him check that bar. On top of that the mini fridge had a lock on it. So even if I wanted to, I couldn't drink anything. I just started to put the latch on the door because a girl walked in on us getting dressed. This was so frustrating.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front of the hotel were great because there was so much natural light with the shad...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris C, Director of Operations at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, I will remind our staff the importance of privacy. This is very unusual for us. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hotel in a lovely location, check in was excellent. Now this is a beautiful Hotel plenty of lifts. Out door swimming pools. Starbucks in the lobby shop. Room was huge, bed was huge everything that you could want in a room was here. We only ate breakfast here so cannot comment about the dining experience; though the breakfasts were plentiful and excellent.
This hotel is very clean and kept to a high standard. Concierge was excellent and attentive,a shuttle car is provided albeit to a 3 mile radius which was not a problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that overall your stay was an enjoyable one and we hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Getting out of the house during our renovation, my husband and I elected to stay at The Omni. The hotel is beautiful, bright, and clean but appears somewhat congested as you enter.

Check In: The first day we arrived at about 4:30pm. My husband was parking the vehicle so I went ahead and checked in. I'd have to say, I was not pleased with the young gentlemen who assisted me. He was neither pleasant nor informative and almost to inquisitive of my visit. For whatever reasons, he appeared suspicious of me. As with any type of service industry, the first impression is that and only altered when someone else goes up above and beyond. Thankfully the next time my husband and I checked in (together...) we were assisted by a lovely young lady who explained the bar, restaurant, and hotel services. The same gentlemen was also there, still looking negative or if he did not enjoy his job...

Room: I am not a frequenter of Omni. I usually prefer St Regis or Granduca but I will say Omni's furnishings for a non suite room surpass these two 5 star hotels. I had a great view of the pool area each time (10th floor). The rooms are chic, comfortable, and well decorated. The furnishings were comfortable and we did not have issues with sore backs from the bed. Cleanliness was spot on and we did not see any signs of neglected upkeep (ceilings, wall paint, dis-colored grout dirty carpets). I really enjoyed being in the room.

Room Service: Quick and easy to order. We felt their room service prices were well suited in comparison to other hotels. Additionally, they had a broader menu. I was able to order something not available on the late menu and our order arrived quickly. The young lady who brought our order was very pleasant and courteous. Very good food!

Bar: Good atmosphere, mostly gentlemen on business. I do not think there is a dress code but nearly everyone was business casual. Bar ordering was unfortunately slow. It was almost were you want to place your drink order when your receiving a drink. Bar tenders were nice and upbeat while drinks were consistent and good.

Parking: Valet and self park options. For once we did not valet and the walk to the hotel was not bad at all. I was puzzled with the complaints on this. We are both active so perhaps it is long for some. Not many hotels have free parking in the Galleria area so this is a big win.

Others: We did not use the spa, pool, or valet services.

Overall, we plan on visiting again. I will avoid the gentlemen at the front desk unfortunately but will try their other services next route.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your feedback! We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay at the Omni Houston. We are disappointed you did not receive a warm welcome from the initial staff member you encountered but are very pleased to hear all other staff interactions were outstanding. We are glad you were able to enjoy the many food & beverage options we offer as well and we definitely look forward welcoming you back very soon!

Been to Omni Houston Hotel? Share your experiences!