“Great Team and Location” 5 of 5 stars

Kemah Boardwalk Package
Ranked #87 of 457 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Mesquite, United States
“Great Team and Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel is located in an amazing location, the room was spacious, clean, with a breath taking view. The team members was very helpful and made great suggestions for off property dinning and entertainment options and printed directions as needed. They made our vacation even more special. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
New Braunfels, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am a frequent business traveler and HH diamond member it was a pleasure to stay at this location. The service and atmosphere made it easy to forget that I had spent a long day traveling and working.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Cleburne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Came in on our way to Galveston stopped to go to Kemah and was treated like family and everything was nice and comfortable. Pool area was nice and clean just needed to have music playing. Food close by and you could walk over and have dinner. Great experience

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived late & were upgraded at check-in; the room was ready & already assigned (we did not ask for it). The young lady at the desk was very friendly & pleasant. When we were leaving for breakfast Sunday morning; the bill was at the door. The per night charge was for the upgraded room, not the amount of the confirmed, reserved room. We stopped by the desk to have it corrected and were told by "A" that it was the charge for that room. We informed her that it was an upgrade and she said that the amount was correct. She then said she would change it as a "courtesy". Not only did she tell us this, but everyone else in the lobby. She was very condescending & smirked the entire time we spoke to her. Giving us the impression that she thought she was right & was doing us a favor. Unless the rules have changed very recently; we have never been charged the rate of the upgraded room. When we checked out later Sunday morning, there were 3 ladies at the front desk. My wife was walking towards the lady at the end of the counter when "A" said she could help her. At this time "A" was as nice as could be, I'm sure because she had fellow employees at the counter with her! (I forgot to mention this in the questionnaire that Hilton sent)

The other problem we had was with the breakfast. Neither morning were we greeted; we had to find someone. The first morning after getting our breakfast from the buffet, the gentleman next to us ordered eggs. We were never told that we could have eggs to order. The second morning, my wife asked if we could order eggs if we have the buffet & were told yes. Again, we weren't made aware of this by the staff. My wife ordered a cheese omelet & she got a ham & cheese omelet. Both mornings we had to ask for coffee/tea refills. Please invest in a new toaster; we turned it on high & it still took 3 times to get "toast". Also, the executive lounge put away the drinks before the posted closing time & there was no one to be found to ask about this! I apologize for the rambling but this hotel was a disappointment.

The only good points about this hotel was our check-in experience, the room was nice & Mark Smith was a pleasure to talk to, very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sitiawan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed at this Hilton for 3 nights with my sibblings from Vancouver and Los Angeles while attending my niece wedding banquet. Enjoyed the awesome view of the marina and the lake.
At night we could see from our room the well lit-up Kemah Boardwalk which is 5 km away.
Hotel staff was very helpful and service is fabulous.
Visited the astounding NASA Space Center - very informative, took the NASA tram tour, traced the progression of the space program at the Starship Gallery, experienced the sensation of a Blast Off with 7 milliom pounds of thrust push a 4 milliom pound vehicle skyward. Also experienced the challenges of living and working in space during the live presentation.
Love to stay at Hilton again when visiting Houston in future.

Room Tip: Choose lakeview for a majestic scenery
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly hotel with the use of efficent daylight saving bulbs, devices and refrigerators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A wonderful example of what a fine hotel should be like. The entire staff was friendly and helpful with any request that was made. An excellant hotel, not to mention it also has an outstanding location. We will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived for a weekend getaway to NASA and I booked a room at the Hilton based only upon the pictures provided on the hotel website. I don't know what I was thinking, I almost always check TripAdvisor prior to booking. Anyway, I thought that my Diamond status would get us a nice room even though I booked the cheapest room on the net.

Upon arrival, I asked the clerk about the availability of a lake view room. She told me that because of the long weekend those were all sold out. She said she could transfer us the folowing day. My wife spoke to a housekeeper shortly thereafter who stated there were a couple roioms available on the 14th floor that she could have placed us in, but it is possible those rooms were reserved at a much higher rate so I can't fault the hotel for something I am not sure about.

Anyway, we check in to our room and have a beautiful view over the swimming pool, marina, and a good portion of the lake including the light house. We decided a bird in hand and did not even ask to be transferred. Our room also had a spacious refrigerator, I don't know if this is typical of this hotel or if it was an elite HHonors privilege but it was very much appreciated.

The room is spacious enough and has good access to electrical outlets for keeping all our electronics charged and running. The bathroom was very cramped, but had great water pressure in the shower.

The breakfast buffet (gratis for HHonors Gold/Diamond) was very good. There was a nice selection of hot entres as well as fruits, breads, and other assorted goodies. There was an upcharge of $6 offered for a full made to order breakfast but after checking the buffet there was no reason to indulge ourselves in that luxury.

My biggrest complaint, and a minor one at that, is the Internet spped. I tested the download speed and received a poor reading of: Download :: 390 Kbps. This makes it hard for me to stram my Netflix movies as I now prefer that to watching broadcast TV.

We loved sitting on the balcony in the executive lounge. It offers a refrigerator filled with soft drinks and water, as well as some salty snacks and fresh fruit.

All in all, though, a wonderful stay that I would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake? Share your experiences!