“Great experience just need music at the pool” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #133 of 481 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleburne, Texas
“Great experience just need music at the pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Came in on our way to Galveston stopped to go to Kemah and was treated like family and everything was nice and comfortable. Pool area was nice and clean just needed to have music playing. Food close by and you could walk over and have dinner. Great experience

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Tyler, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We arrived late & were upgraded at check-in; the room was ready & already assigned (we did not ask for it). The young lady at the desk was very friendly & pleasant. When we were leaving for breakfast Sunday morning; the bill was at the door. The per night charge was for the upgraded room, not the amount of the confirmed, reserved room. We stopped by the desk to have it corrected and were told by "A" that it was the charge for that room. We informed her that it was an upgrade and she said that the amount was correct. She then said she would change it as a "courtesy". Not only did she tell us this, but everyone else in the lobby. She was very condescending & smirked the entire time we spoke to her. Giving us the impression that she thought she was right & was doing us a favor. Unless the rules have changed very recently; we have never been charged the rate of the upgraded room. When we checked out later Sunday morning, there were 3 ladies at the front desk. My wife was walking towards the lady at the end of the counter when "A" said she could help her. At this time "A" was as nice as could be, I'm sure because she had fellow employees at the counter with her! (I forgot to mention this in the questionnaire that Hilton sent)

The other problem we had was with the breakfast. Neither morning were we greeted; we had to find someone. The first morning after getting our breakfast from the buffet, the gentleman next to us ordered eggs. We were never told that we could have eggs to order. The second morning, my wife asked if we could order eggs if we have the buffet & were told yes. Again, we weren't made aware of this by the staff. My wife ordered a cheese omelet & she got a ham & cheese omelet. Both mornings we had to ask for coffee/tea refills. Please invest in a new toaster; we turned it on high & it still took 3 times to get "toast". Also, the executive lounge put away the drinks before the posted closing time & there was no one to be found to ask about this! I apologize for the rambling but this hotel was a disappointment.

The only good points about this hotel was our check-in experience, the room was nice & Mark Smith was a pleasure to talk to, very friendly & helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jeffrey H, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this review, July 31, 2015
Dear LarRanTravels,
We first would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with our staff. We always aim to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. I have brought your issues to the attention of the entire staff in an effort to make sure that this does not happen again. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!
Once again we apologize that your stay was not hassle free! Have a great day!
Sitiawan, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed at this Hilton for 3 nights with my sibblings from Vancouver and Los Angeles while attending my niece wedding banquet. Enjoyed the awesome view of the marina and the lake.
At night we could see from our room the well lit-up Kemah Boardwalk which is 5 km away.
Hotel staff was very helpful and service is fabulous.
Visited the astounding NASA Space Center - very informative, took the NASA tram tour, traced the progression of the space program at the Starship Gallery, experienced the sensation of a Blast Off with 7 milliom pounds of thrust push a 4 milliom pound vehicle skyward. Also experienced the challenges of living and working in space during the live presentation.
Love to stay at Hilton again when visiting Houston in future.

Room Tip: Choose lakeview for a majestic scenery
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly hotel with the use of efficent daylight saving bulbs, devices and refrigerators.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

A wonderful example of what a fine hotel should be like. The entire staff was friendly and helpful with any request that was made. An excellant hotel, not to mention it also has an outstanding location. We will stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived for a weekend getaway to NASA and I booked a room at the Hilton based only upon the pictures provided on the hotel website. I don't know what I was thinking, I almost always check TripAdvisor prior to booking. Anyway, I thought that my Diamond status would get us a nice room even though I booked the cheapest room on the net.

Upon arrival, I asked the clerk about the availability of a lake view room. She told me that because of the long weekend those were all sold out. She said she could transfer us the folowing day. My wife spoke to a housekeeper shortly thereafter who stated there were a couple roioms available on the 14th floor that she could have placed us in, but it is possible those rooms were reserved at a much higher rate so I can't fault the hotel for something I am not sure about.

Anyway, we check in to our room and have a beautiful view over the swimming pool, marina, and a good portion of the lake including the light house. We decided a bird in hand and did not even ask to be transferred. Our room also had a spacious refrigerator, I don't know if this is typical of this hotel or if it was an elite HHonors privilege but it was very much appreciated.

The room is spacious enough and has good access to electrical outlets for keeping all our electronics charged and running. The bathroom was very cramped, but had great water pressure in the shower.

The breakfast buffet (gratis for HHonors Gold/Diamond) was very good. There was a nice selection of hot entres as well as fruits, breads, and other assorted goodies. There was an upcharge of $6 offered for a full made to order breakfast but after checking the buffet there was no reason to indulge ourselves in that luxury.

My biggrest complaint, and a minor one at that, is the Internet spped. I tested the download speed and received a poor reading of: Download :: 390 Kbps. This makes it hard for me to stram my Netflix movies as I now prefer that to watching broadcast TV.

We loved sitting on the balcony in the executive lounge. It offers a refrigerator filled with soft drinks and water, as well as some salty snacks and fresh fruit.

All in all, though, a wonderful stay that I would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is just an A+ Hotel to stay. It has many close places to go with the family. and different prices depending on budget to choose from if you want to go out and eat, or have fun. but once you are in your room you just want to rest before even thinking what places to go.the view from my room was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here several times on business and always get a room with the "Lake View". The hotel is always clean and the staff is friendly. At night you can sit down at the bar with the best bar tender "Herman"! Great food and company. Always a pleasure. Also, it's just down the road from NASA and about a 12 minute car ride to Kemah Boardwalk. Nice place.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Courtyard by Marriott Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Staybridge Suites Houston / NASA - Clear Lake
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#2 of 5 in Kemah
4.0 of 5 stars 382 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake

Been to Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake? Share your experiences!