“Always a pleasure” 5 of 5 stars

Omni Houston Hotel Westside
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13210 Katy Freeway, Houston, TX 77079   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #55 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Anchorage, AK
“Always a pleasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

This is my third stay at this hotel in the past year and the experience couldn't get any better. Excellent service. Wonderful room. Attentive and helpful staff. Always a pleasure to stay here. I'll return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
mlandry, Executive Assistant at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, March 10, 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is the goal of our associates to ensure you enjoy your stay with us. I will share your comments with our senior staff so that they can be reviewed in their department meetings. Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and happy to know you will be back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
North West UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

A big conference hotel far away from the airport and just about everything else. Rooms OK, by U.S. standards nothing special and probably a little too expensive. Friendly staff to a point. DO NOT USE THE PHONE IN THE HOTEL ROOM! 28 minutes to Georgia in the evening... they wanted to charge $68!!!! With some hassle I got this down to $10. My fault I know, now you have been warned. That did kind of spoil an otherwise decent stay.

For a hotel this size the bar is TINY! However, thier burgers are great, well it is Texas.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
mlandry, Executive Assistant at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, February 3, 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments. I am sorry you experienced issues with our telephone prices, but happy to know the staff was able to work with you in lowering it. Although our prices may seem high, they are competitive with the area hotels. I am happy to know you would recommend us and hope you will be back soon. Thank you again for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Houston Westside the night we got married. The outside of this hotel does not do the inside justice. The hotel is beautiful and peaceful on the inside with the greenery, pond, and fish. Our room was great and cozy and very clean. We had a nice view as well. We ate the breakfast buffet in their restaurant and the food was really good. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. Congratulations! We appreciate you allowing us to be part of a wonderful memory of such an important event. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit and hope you will be back soon. Thank you again for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for almost three weeks, as my husband was in Houston on business. We were given a good sized room, with seating area and comfortable bed. The bathroom was also a good size.

I used the hotel gym on most days, and during the day time it was empty. It was well air-conditioned and there was water and fresh towels available to use, as well as a TV and a good selection of gym equipment. Also good was the hotel pool, which had a lot of sun loungers (but unfortunately no parasols), although at weekends this seemed to be filled with teenagers and became a no-go zone if you wanted to just chill out poolside, which was disappointing. Also disappointing was the poolside service…which was pretty non-existent. My husband and I had to return inside to the bar to get drinks, even though there were drink menus by the pool.

We did enjoy the hotel bar called Black Gold, which has a very Texan feel to it, with an American Shuffleboard available to use, which was a great talking point with other guests. The bar also serves great bar food, and we particularly enjoyed the fajitas, of which one portion was big enough for two to share!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
mlandry, Executive Assistant at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. I am very sorry you had issues with our pool side service. I have shared your comments with our senior staff so that they can look into providing more service at the pool. I am also sorry the pool was too crowded on the weekends. There are some weekends in the summer that we do accommodate sports groups; therefore making the pool more crowded with teenagers. Thank you for staying with us. We truly do appreciate your business and hope you will visit us often.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night to celebrate our Birthdays. We booked the French Kiss package...it was wonderful. When the hotel found out it was our birthday weekend they sent up a dessert. management also called to verify everything was good with the room.

The service here is exceptional!

If you are not an Omni Select member, I would suggest becoming one...

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
mlandry, Executive Assistant at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, August 13, 2009
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your wonderful comments. I am happy to know the staff was able to make your birthday special. I hope you will visit us often. We truly appreciate your business and the opportunity to be a part of your birthday memory.
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I stay frequently at this hotel on business trips and they know how to look after their frequent travellers.

That said, even without the perks of being a special guest, this is a very comfortable hotel. The design is interesting - an all glass facade surrounds a very large atrium, with a large pool of fish, and a waterside restaurant. Outside there is, for a hotel, a large open air swimming pool, which is open for much of the year.

There is also a gift shop, which double up as a Starbucks. The dark and atmospheric Western - style bar, which is open until quite late, is typically strewn with peanut shells on the floor.

The rooms are comfortable with a plethora of pillows and cushions on the bed, flat screen TV and for a small fee you can even request a treadmill in your room if you don't want to use the hotel's own fitness room. The service is always friendly and personalised.

If I have to be picky, and I know the hotel well, the service in the restaurant is sometimes very slow and there are few low calorie options on the menu. The hotel is slowly moving towards an eco-offering ( most hotels have, for a long time, offered the option of reusing towels for example) but given that the clientele is mostly the oil industry, I imagine that the hotel management hasn't felt very driven to adopt this approach. Thank goodness they finally have.

Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
mlandry, Executive Assistant at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your wonderful review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you sharing information regarding the Cafe being slow at times and not enough low calorie items. I have shared your information with our Director of Food and Beverage so that he can look into these issues. Thank you again for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business.
Northern Brit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Omni. Rooms are spacey, clean & well fitted out. The public areas are very pleasant & comfortable. I joined the frequent guest program that gives you free internet access & complimentary morning beverages delivered to your room. This is well worth the effort, as a small bottle of water supplied in the room costs six bucks, which I thought was a tad over the top.
Staff where helpful & friendly, the lady on the front desk arranged a free late check out for me, as I was not leaving until 4pm, which I thought was really generous.
As pointed out in other reviews, the place is not located in the thick of the action. We used the complementary hotel bus a couple of times, but if you are going to be staying for any length of time, you really need a car. (This is Houston!)
The only down point that I can think of is their use of awful / overloud canned jazz music in the public areas, this became very irritating after a while.
Other than that, we had a great time at the Omni, & would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
mlandry, Executive Assistant at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, July 7, 2009
Thank you so much for your great review and comments. I am happy to know that the staff was able to accommodate your needs. Thank you also for joining out Select Guest Program. We are very proud of the perks and amenities that this program has to offer and will be available to you at any Omni during every stay. We truly appreciate your business and grateful that you will recommend us. We will continue in our attempt to exceed our guest's expectations and receive all 5 star ratings.

Been to Omni Houston Hotel Westside? Share your experiences!