“Outstanding People and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #29 of 451 hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding People and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed on 11/2/2012. As a platinum elite, I come to expect service and quality. The experiences are usually good, but this stay was above and beyond deserving my time for this recognition.

While walking to our room, we came across a typical friendly staff, who I learned later was William from room services. Afterward, William delivered my usual refreshment tray typically wine, crackers/pretzels and fruits. What blew my expectations was that William noticed my small children from the hallway encounter and also brought each a cookie and milk. Little things but it made their day. They frequently travel with me on personal travels for years but this was a first.

Kudos also to Fidel Caballero. As a manager, one takes the good with the bad. Too often I walk away from such conversations with the perception of indifference. However, Fidel was very eager and happy to listen, showing genuine care.

We only passed through for one night, but it was a memorable stay. Thank you Fidel, and thanks to your staff who may have never thought that such little extra effort made such a positive difference.

Room Tip: Avoid my head scratch-er experience. When the doorman says go forward and then turn right to get to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I arrived on a Thursday afternoon and was welcomed by three front desk staffers who could not have been more accommodating! From the valet to the waitstaff in the restaurant, service was excellent, friendly, and overall superb!
Hilda quickly answered questions about my bill and there were several members of the staff who asked if there was anything I needed . Superb! The waitstaff were fun, professional, and really friendly. I will definitely stay here again when in Houston!

Room Tip: I loved my second floor room! Easy access by stairs if you so choose...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The GOOD: The room was clean, the bed cozy, the TV huge, all good things. The elevators were old but they had charm, the hotel lobby clean, no complaints over all.

The BAD: I had a room that over looked the banquet area so instead of a city view i saw tables and chairs, at first this was fine, I am not picky, I prefer a clean comfortable room over a view any day.
The second night however when it was packed with people dancing to LOUD music, it suuckked. I am not exaggerating, I am a young woman I am not sensitive to noise (my room faced the elevator and I was fine with it) and I love oldies as much as the next gal but when it is interrupting my down time after working all day I am not having it. It was so loud the television couldn't even drown it out.
I am not giving up on Marriott as they are usually on top of things but I am for sure giving up on this location.

Room Tip: If you have a room that faces the banquet hall request a change.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I spent 4 days in this property. I gotta say I had a great time.
Everybody was really friendly and accomodating, my room got perfectly clean every day and the valet parking guys always helped me with a big smile on their face.
I want to specially recognize Fidel Caballero whom went the extra mile to ensure I had a great stay.
If I ever return to Houston I will for sure stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The front desk and valet staff was extremely nice and accommodating! I was recommended staying at this location by a Marriott family employee by the name of James Jones. Once I checked in, he contacted me to see how check in went and asked how did we like our room. The hotel was very clean, and every staff member that I encountered had a smile on their face; all the way to the person that brought us extra towels. There's nothing like fast and friendly service! I will definitely stay here again. PS. The breakfast buffet was a little expensive, but the food was excellent!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My company had an event here and the staff is amazing! Prior to the event I worked with Lou Lou, their senior event manager, and she is Awesome and will accommodate to your needs. The banquet captain, Isidoro Garcia will go above and beyond to make sure you are getting the best service! The entire banquet staff is extremely attentive and friendly. Always smiling and checking in on you. The rooms and great and they have a shuttle that can drive you anywhere within a 3 mile radius from the hotel which is also great! The AV techs are always on time and extremely helpful in helping set up and making sure everything runs smoothly. I hope my company continues to hold events at this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel staff was most impressive with their congenial welcome and their special attention to detail. My personal and grateful thanks to Andrea Drabos at the fron desk for her friendly and courteous reception. I made "Platinum" with the two nights spent here and they will be the most memorable for me.

Room Tip: If you qualify, the Concierge Floor is for you!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Houston Marriott West Loop by the Galleria? Share your experiences!