“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #166 of 455 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Shopped around to find best price as I didn't need a fancy room for one night. After checking websites, I found the room had been discounted to $71 from $154 on the corporate website. It was well worth the reduced price but the room wasn't a $154 room. Room clean with what looked like fresh paint. Only complaint is the bathroom. There was some mildew around the tub tiles and the tub looked dingy. However I would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
brookwood, al
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

this is a clean room if all you need is a quick stop this is fine but so saying--the Wifi is terrible, the Shower leaves a lot to be desired it is way to short not warm enough and is no where near strong enough I think they need lots of improvement on this place the staff is fine and there is lots of different types of food nearby but I would forgo this place with all the nearby La quinta

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas77845
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm sorry but this "Motel" is really just a truckers stop over. It is not really good for family stay over. The only good thing I can say about the motel is that the pool was clean and clear and my granddaughter loved it. However while letting her swim I felt very uncomfortable. There was always a gang of men on the second floor hanging around the area just above the pool just standing talking and watching the pool. It just felt creepy. I dont think the people take pride in that place the elevator was so dirty and the toilet in our room would not flush the hot water wouldnt turn off all the way. The stairs had worn out carpet that was gross. All and all it wasnt a good place to stay. I would never stay there again. I would never recommend it to anyone. It really should be a truckers stop only!

• Stayed August 2013
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Compare to other La Quinta Inns, this looks like an old building built in the early 80's or late 70's. Just an old building. I saw patches in the bathroom wall trying to cover something up with a grout. The chairs had stains on them just dirty looking. The main lobby can use a new décor. It has that 70's look. The rooms don't have a privacy entrance since the entryway to your rooms are straight from the parking lot. First night, I couldn't sleep I was concerned what if someone would just the kick the door. Although it's a well lighted parking lot. This place is more like the trucker's paradise. There were 2-3 18 wheeler trucks parked outside our room during our stay. There is no exercise room, and I didn't see a laundry room either. We came here for the cheap price and distance from my mom's house during our 3 days visit. I guess we got what we paid for. But the breakfast was good. Boiled eggs, pancakes, fruits, cereal, bread, cakes, etc. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The two rooms that I paid for was not worth the price. The rooms were not very clean and there were roaches! Also the beds were small for two people to sleep in. Also the guest clerks were short when I asked questions. I would not stay at this motel again!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I spent the last week at this location while visiting family. The room was clean, quiet and everything worked. I was a bit concerned about the location being so close to 290 and 1960 but I heard nothing from the road traffic. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be staying here next time I travel to Houston

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn Houston Cy-Fair? Share your experiences!