I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions (6 or 7 since 2006).
The hotel is located on the busy JFK Blvd leaving IAH airport but don't let that put you off as you do not hear anything of the traffic. It's location right near to the Beltway 8 makes is so convenient for heading down to Houston or any routes north.
I have always found the hotel to be clean and tidy with the staff being very friendly and attentive to my needs and requests.
The staff are not over attentive to the point where you feel hassled but they seem to be there when you need them or need some assistance.
The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and all the conveniences are there too in the room and around the hotel.
I would use this hotel every trip but for the price, there are many hotels locally or within a 15 minute drive that offer the same standards but are 30% + cheaper, if this was addressed then this hotel would be ideal.
The only other slight niggle is that there is not much for you to walk to here, a small stip mall with a bar and a couple of fast food restaurants and that is about it but thats not the fault of the hotel.
They have their own restaurant and bar and food is of a high standard but if one is staying for 2 wells it gets a bit "samey" after the first week, maybe consideration could be given to extending the menu of changing it alternate weeks.
Car rental at the airport is located nearby so thats convenient too and they run a shuttle to and from the airport.
In summary, great hotel with just very minor downsides if you are not driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located one mile from George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) Airport, take advantage of the complimentary airport shuttle to and from our DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Intercontinental Airport hotel. Feel at home in our spacious guest rooms, watch HDTV from the calm of your bed, or use WiFi access to stay connected. Upgrade to larger rooms with the choice of one king-sized or two double beds. Our accessible rooms are thoughtfully designed to ensure comfort. Start your day with Oakley's buffet breakfast or grab your favorite beverage at our Starbucks® coffee bar. Catch a game over drinks with the locals in Derrick's Saloon. Host any event on the doorstep of north Houston corporations such as ExxonMobil, United Airlines and Halliburton. Over 18,500 sq. ft. of meeting space accommodates corporate meetings, weddings and grand celebrations alike. Use our 24-hour business center with complimentary printing. Stay rejuvenated with our fitness room equipped with cardio machines and weights, outdoor pool, hot tub and quiet gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
- Intercontinental Houston Airport
- Doubletree Houston Airport