“Great Hotel and Location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
The HHonors Weekend
Ranked #92 of 451 Hotels in Houston
London, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel and Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions (6 or 7 since 2006).

The hotel is located on the busy JFK Blvd leaving IAH airport but don't let that put you off as you do not hear anything of the traffic. It's location right near to the Beltway 8 makes is so convenient for heading down to Houston or any routes north.

I have always found the hotel to be clean and tidy with the staff being very friendly and attentive to my needs and requests.

The staff are not over attentive to the point where you feel hassled but they seem to be there when you need them or need some assistance.

The rooms are well appointed and comfortable and all the conveniences are there too in the room and around the hotel.

I would use this hotel every trip but for the price, there are many hotels locally or within a 15 minute drive that offer the same standards but are 30% + cheaper, if this was addressed then this hotel would be ideal.

The only other slight niggle is that there is not much for you to walk to here, a small stip mall with a bar and a couple of fast food restaurants and that is about it but thats not the fault of the hotel.

They have their own restaurant and bar and food is of a high standard but if one is staying for 2 wells it gets a bit "samey" after the first week, maybe consideration could be given to extending the menu of changing it alternate weeks.

Car rental at the airport is located nearby so thats convenient too and they run a shuttle to and from the airport.

In summary, great hotel with just very minor downsides if you are not driving.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
DTHouston, Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thank you for being our frequent guest. We appreciate your loyalty. Great comments and feedback especially for guests not familiar with our hotel. Definitely will take into consideration your feedback on changing up the menu to give long term guest a variety. (We do offer courtesy shuttle service to our guest should they want to try out restaurants nearby – check with the concierge on availability.)
Glad you to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for being our guest. Love to have you back the next time your travels bring you to Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

I was here for 1 night/1 day for a meeting held at the hotel. Guest room was clean and comfortable. Getting a warm chocolate chip cookie was a nice touch!
The conference rooms were spacious but a bit cold. When I asked the front desk for help, they said yes. But, after over an hour of freezing in the room, in ran into the banquet staff who said that the message was never relayed! The banquet staff was quick to turn up the thermostat and laid out a yummy lunch with a smile!

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Glad to hear your stay was comfortable and the conference went well and the banquet staff was able to make the room warmer. Thanks for being our guest, hope to have you back soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I have to say this the beds are very comfy and i like the set up of the rooms.
But most of all what touched me was the staff. Barbra, Alicia and Tiffany where
Amazing they helped us with what ever we needed. They went out of their way to
help us. I feel very blessed to have met such kind people and think everyone should
stay here if they are going to stay anywhere in Texas you will not regret it.
I have flown for many years and i have to say out of all the hotels i have stayed at
this one is the number 1 on my list and I have been everywhere due to my job.

Thank you again amazing staff!!!!

Kate

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
DTHouston, Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments and being our guest. I have shared them with our staff – it is always nice to share with the team when they are doing something outstanding. Hope you come back to Houston and stay with us again. We look forward to having you back.
Ruidoso, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I along with friends flew in from Jamaica to Houston and we had missed our flight when we arrived. We received a voucher from the airlines to stay overnight at the Doubletree airport. Needless to say, we were beyond tired. The Doubletree shuttle picked us up at the airport and it was a short drive to the hotel. When we arrived the check-in was very fast and friendly. We went to our beautiful and comfortable room and unpacked. Not only were we tired, but also hungry. The restaurant/lounge was superb! Food was great and alot of it and the beer was cold. Their beds, pillows and comforters were so great that we didn't want to leave. Also, you are handed a warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thanks for providing us your feedback even though your stay was a short one. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the service. The cookies are delicious and sometimes just what you need to make your day. Thank you for being our guest and should your travels bring you to the Houston area again we hope you stay with us at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport.
Lone Tree, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The friendliest front desk staff that I have ever experienced.....always a friendly greeting when checking in or just walking past the front desk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011 via mobile

The hotel is very visually appealing. The staff is courteous and efficient. And there's a Starbucks in the lobby! What more could you ask for. I just wish I would've had more time to try out the swimming pool and workout room!!

• Stayed September 2011
DTHouston, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
I appreciate you providing your feedback and giving us a positive review. Glad to hear you found everything to your satisfaction Thanks for being our guest, we enjoyed having you stay with us. Look forward to having you back the next time travel brings you to the Houston area.
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Our plane got in late and in spite of the 24 hour airport shuttle that they claim to have on their website, the hotel told me the shuttle stopped at 1am. Great, when I asked about a taxi, The hotel told me there just were not any that late. I asked if she had any ideas on how to get to the hotel, and she replied, "not really". Finally, the driver of the Marriott shuttle, took pity on us and gave us a ride. After arriving, our sour receptionist yelled at us, and threw the room key. We were sent to our room via a dirty hallway, to find it not containing any water, even for purchase.
Uncomfortable beds, the works. I could go on, but I just would like to forget the experience and NOT EVER stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I’m very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I apologize for the shuttle situation, our website does mention we offer complimentary shuttle service however it does not mention it being available 24 hours, however I can understand your frustration in the middle of the night, I have spoken to the night staff to ensure we are able to recommend alternative transportation for guest with late night arrivals. We have taken your feedback and are adding information on the hours the shuttle is available. Once again I apologize and if you would please contact me directly at Patti.Patenaude@hilton.com so that we discuss this in further details. We would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Been to Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport? Share your experiences!