“Room good, A/C's older, back area quieter” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 1! Book Now
Ranked #250 of 468 Hotels in Houston
South Pasadena, FL
“Room good, A/C's older, back area quieter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed for a week with business over near Eldridge. There are back-ways vs trying to cross traffic in AM to make u-turn.
Pros: all staff pitches including sales people pitch in to try and get everyone's breakfast/coffee orders going in morning as fast as possible. room furnishings were in good condition. It is quiet near back area (3 level) of hotel. Wi-fi good for back of hotel. Points members get b'fast choice in AM (Starbucks coffee not included in drink choice).
Cons: horrible A/C's. one person in trip had to switch rooms for non-working A/C only to get one that could never turn off, another could never get the room cold, seemed to be the one thing everyone had a gripe about. Cookies at check-in have no flavor. Very limited dine in menu at night-time and it takes awhile.
Room Choice: If you get a room near the back of the hotel be prepared for a very long walk to the lobby in the morning. You can cut through outside sidewalk if weather is ok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear upintheairgirl,
Thank you for taking th time to share your experience with us. I am sorry your stay and your colleague's stay were met with less than stellar A/C's. We are currently in the process of performing preventative maintenance on all of our units so they run quieter and are more efficient.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. I hope that next time you travel to the Houston area you give us another opportunity to serve you.
Steve Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Only stayed one night doing hotel hopping. Used downstairs conference room for a course late February. The room was OK but not as nice as the common/conference area may appear. Didn't use any of the facilities. Weekend rate was decent. Careful with the water tap handle, it pinches your hand to the marble. The entire hotel seem to be not very noise proof. My room was top floor (3) and to the south so away from Dairy Ashford and I10 but still noisy. My room on the 3rd floor of Holiday Inn Express across the street facing I10 was quieter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Chunerrrr,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. I am sorry that you had noise issues with your room and our water handle pinched you. The location of the property does get noisy sometimes depending on the time of day. We are actually in the process of coming up with a solution to minimizing the noise in the rooms with storm windows or another solution.
Thank you for your patronage to our property. We hope to have you back as our guest the next time you travel to the Houston area.
Steve Ryan
Fredericksburg, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Brief two night stay. Check in and out was effortless. Clean and contemporary with best prices in town. While the breakfast is extra, it is cooked to order and offers healthy choices. Rooms were spacious and recently remodeled. Very comfortable!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have no freeway noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Jon C, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear HaapyTrvlr,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott - Houston I-10 West. We are always excited to hear back from our guests, and are very happy that you had a great stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Houston.

Tulsa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here on a four-day trip and was not thrilled. It starts out promising with a very nice lobby that features several seating areas with a bistro and business center and free cookies, but my room was quite average. I expected much better from a Marriot Courtyard. My room faced Dairy Ashford Road and was very noisy along with very bright lights shining in the room at night. There was also a two inch gap between the bottom of the door and the hall that let in much noise and light. The bed was very comfortable, which was great for a multi-night stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that faces the "courtyard" or it will be very loud and bright.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear onthegoreview,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us last week. I apologize about the noise which came from the highway. The layout of our building has a few rooms which face towards the highway, and we are more than happy to accommodate any requests to have a room which faces the rear of the building or into our internal courtyard.

My team are always available to assist our guests, as to whether that is accommodating room type preferences or offering cookies and lemonade at checkin.

We hope that you will stay with us again soon, and please feel free to contact me directly so that I can personally allocate your room for you.

Warmest regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Courtyard. Check in was a breeze, the room clean and comfortable. The pillows were actually substantial. Much better than the flat ones often available. Best part was the new Bistro. A quick flavorful breakfast before hitting the road. Sure beat fast food. We found the hotel to be well located with several highly rated restaurants close by. Will certainly return here on future visits.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear HalleGrace,

Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate your very nice feedback. We were excited to have you stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are visiting Houston.

Warmest regards,
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here for business/fun so we decided to stay here since it is near everything. When we arrived, the receptionist was very helpful. The place was beautiful. Very nice layout. We did ate breakfast at the bistro. It was good but a bit pricy. I will definitly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
Jon C, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear tazimi,

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Houston.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We picked this Courtyard because it was on the west side of Houston and we didn't want to get into Houston morning traffic heading west on I-10. It's an older property, but nicely refurbished. It is very easy on and off the I-10 and about 100 yard walk to a very good Texas Land and Cattle restaurant. The usual comfortable Courtyard beds and furniture in the bedroom. I'd be sure to ask for a room in the back of the hotel because of the proximity to the interstate. They don't offer complimentary coffee on the weekends, which is a mystery to me, but there it is. The housekeeping staff found an article we left and front desk staff got right on it and shipped it back to us. We give the staff the highest marks.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room in the back of the hotel, away from I-10. It will be quieter.
Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon C, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear FlyingHome,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott - Houston I-10 West.

Thank you for your very nice comments, and it was our pleasure to make sure that you received your left item right away. We understand that no matter what is accidentally left behind, it is very important to get it back to our valued guest.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are visiting Houston.

General Manager.

Been to Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor? Share your experiences!