“Good place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Buffalo Texas, United States
“Good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

It was a good place to stay. clean rooms, always had fruit infused water at the elevators. the laundry area was clean and pleasant. I would recommend Hilton to my friends and family. The only thing is that most of the parking is in back of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Gwen V,
Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate your kind words summarizing your stay. Please look for us again on your next visit to Houston.
Sam Sarwar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great place to have a family reunion of 40 or less people. Fair price for event. Staff made it look easy to accommodate my family members. I'd have another family reunion there. Sales and catering departments were very nice and made having my family reunion there one less thing to worry about in the planning of it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Dear 591valeriem,
Thanks for the opportunity to host your family re-union at our hotel. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed the event. I also appreciate you recognized our sales and catering department efforts. We are looking forward to serve you again very soon.
Palm City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a nice clean hotel but the bathroom was very tiny and the road noise (right along the interstate) of course was loud...bring ear plugs! The bed was very comfy as well as the pillows, which is very important to me.

Dear Gwopilot,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and pillow. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again in near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This hotel is an awesome place to stay. The entire staff is all about top notch service. My wife and I travel a lot and we always look forward to our stay here in Houston. The executive lounge is very comfortable and an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2014
Sam S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Kevin C,
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your business and it shows in the service we provide. We are looking forward to serve you on your next stay.
Front office manager
Houston, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The bathroom was to small you could not sit without closing the door. We were suppose to get free breakfast but it was not given. The staff was friendly and somewhat helpful. The location was terrible.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am happy that you noticed excellent service provided by my staff and I am sorry for your overall experience. I would like to discuss your recent stay. Please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are very important to us.

Kind Regards,

Ph: 713-735-6121
Sam.Sarwar@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

One word.......perfect. The price was absolutely amazing for such a beautiful hotel. It was perfection from the start. The ease of check-in and check-out, location of the room, service, staff, breakfast, everything was top notch. The room was absolutely quiet with no disturbances that allowed for a peaceful night of much needed rest.

The rooms were clean, and very spacious. I had plenty of room to relax and just unwind while on vacation. The bathroom was well lit and extremely clean. I was blown away because this is one area where many hotels fall short. Not Hilton Houston Southwest. They have made it my hotel of choice when I am in the area.

And last but not least, speaking of area, this hotel is absolutely perfectly located. Directly off of US59 South, it is so conveniently located not too far from the places of interest that we wanted to visit. We had it so easy driving to the Galleria, Guitar Center, Lifeway, Aquarium, Hard Rock Cafe, not to mention there is a Starbuck's right around the corner, and the furthest we went was to the Premium Outlet Mall on the NorthWest side of Houston, but even that was not a problem. And we enjoyed seeing the fireworks from a perfect spot by Hard Rock for the 4th of July Celebration with no issues making it back to the hotel.

This hotel is a must for me whenever I visit the area. I will be staying there again in the very near future. Third week of August 2014 to be exact.....look forward to seeing the staff once again. Thank you for taking care of your customers.

Room Tip: The front desk staff was extremely friendly and assisted us in making sure our rooms were on the sam...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear RFDisturbance,
Thanks for your Excellent feedback. My staff and I really appreciate your business. We can wait to serve you again in August. Please feel free to reach me directly if there is anything I can do to make your next stay Excellent again.
sam.sarwar@hilton.com
Kingsport, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel. I only stayed for 2 nights and didn't get to eat at the in-house restaurant. The room was nicely decorated and appeared to have been recently remodeled. Thankfully, the AC worked well, as it was over 100 degrees outside both days. They allowed me to check in almost an hour early, at no additional cost. The only thing I didn't like so much was the side and rear parking lots were not well-lit. The front parking is very limited, so most people have to park around the side or back. The surrounding area seems to be decent and there was a security guard constantly driving around in a golf cart, but it still felt a bit unsafe in a dark parking lot at night. It's also on a very busy one-way 4 or 5 lane street. Overall, I'm happy with this hotel and would definitely stay again when I go back to Houston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. I will make sure to investigate the lighting issue in parking lot with our executive team. We always look for guest feedback to improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me back if there is anything I can do.
Front Office Manager

Been to Hilton Houston Southwest? Share your experiences!