“Improved, but still more needed” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6780 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77074-2102   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #104 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Malakoff, Texas
“Improved, but still more needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Staff was very friendly. First night Air Conditioner was frozen so it was miserable. Unit replaced next day while I was out. Fruit & cheese plate sent up for my enjoyment with nice card apologizing for the issue. Parking if arriving late is horrendous. You must walk a good distance to the entrance. Housekeeping was very friendly and thorough. Television signal was an issue throughout the visit. Nice perk of having a Starbucks on site

Room Tip: High floor facing away from the freeway
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Houston hotels are now charging New York rates just because. Looking for a better rate, just as a principle since the company would pay almost anything we booked this hotel. At arriving we had an awkward situation with a non-experienced employee resolved by the acting manager. After dinner I arrived to notice that the TV was not working. They offered to change room which I declined. Believe me, I had not noticed the feeling that in room 900 and similar the noise of trucks and cars seems like going under your bed because windows are not insulated. Finally due to noise I accepted to change room simply because I had a 7am meeting. The next evening when I arrived at 11.30 pm the room was not cleaned. I call the front desk person that had a response at that time but offer that that the night was going to free of charge. The next morning a very nice call from the general manager offered me some hhonours points to respond for the problems I had, a ridiculous amount of 5,000 points that would not give a fraction of a night in this hotel let alone the ones that I usually book. Now, to be fair my workmate had not n o problems so I was the unlucky one.

Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights at beginning of April. This hotel appears to be older, but is holding up ok. Its Directly alongside the SW freeway, adjacent to an office park. Per some other reviews, the neighborhood to some would be sketchy? I did not feel scared to drive through by any means, but can see some concerns. There is really no place in walking distance for eating, nor would I recommend anything in the close neighborhood. I did eat there at the hotel each night and felt food was fine! If you are Gold/Diamond HH member, the lounge offered a Free light breakfast and some light snacks in evening. Free cocktails too, which was nice, not many do this. Saw a prior review complaining about "Free Breakfast", Its FREE, likely this person had option for Free Breakfast downstairs at buffet, likely if wanted more to eat, should have done that, but I thought attendant there in mornings and evenings VERY friendly, and food was fine.
The Room bed was comfortable, WiFi worked fine for me, would have liked a "plug" outlet with the lamp to charge phone, iPad, etc, but this is an older hotel as I said.
Would not mind staying here again if here for business, as this hotel was in my budget. Houston Hotels in general are pretty High.....Staff went out of way to be polite, thought everyone on staff from Check in, Bar, Lounge, ALL friendly. No issues here for me!!!

St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The Staff at the Hilton Southwest went out of their way to welcome and assist me in any way possible during my stay. The Business Lounge was a great place to relax and socialize with other guests. The young ladies at the Starbucks Coffee shop were a pleasure. As were the ladies at the bar and in the restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

New Providence, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was upgraded to a room fasing the lake since I am a Hilton Diamond member. The toom was great and the view was even better. However, the breakfast at the executive lounge was really bad. The oatmeal was burned and cold. Selection was very very limited. No hotel service staff showed up during the entire 30-40 min when I was up there. I could not even find newspaper to read.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

tobeor82b
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Houston Southwest for several days. The Staff for the most part were friendly, but the rooms are designed more like motel 6. The beds are in need of replacement. Center of the both double beds slopped down wise. Nice desk to work from. Carpets in room were old and sink seemed to have a mind of its own. Would make loud noises even if I had not run water for a few hours before hand. This facility has a small workout room, but was nice to have. Since I have stayed at many Hilton Hotels I had access to the Executive lounge on their 14th floor. During the week it was nice as you had water, soda, juice, snacks and fresh fruit you could come and get anytime. They even brought in a small breakfast in the mornings. However Friday night though Sunday night there was NOTHING, not even water you could get. Called the front desk and ask if some water could be brought to the lounge. After about 30 minutes, called them back again since no one had bothered to call to bring the water. Was told the hotel did not have any more water. But they could send some to my room. Some friends and I talked that if the Hotel didn't have water, how could they bring it to my room, but not to the Exec Lounge. I went down to my room and waited and someone did bring the water we had ask for. I took the water and carried them back up to the Exec lounge were we were working. A few people in our group wanted to get something to eat so we went to the Restaurant. One person could not have any MSP or Gluten and we ask if they could prepare something for them. We were told no nothing like that could be prepared. Not wanting to eat and them not being able to eat we left and went to a restaurant that would prepare meals for people who requested things like gluten free meals, etc. Overall the stay at this hotel was ok, but did not meet the high standards most of the Hilton Change follows.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors as they are quieter. Understand the rooms are older and not modern. I...
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I am in this hotel every week for almost a year since June 2013. They have been very good from day one, and quality is consistent. Friendly staff, you can hang around to chat after a stressful day. They are helpful with anything such as car jumpstart, early breakfast, keeping luggage for next week. Staff is stable without noticable turnover, which helps maintaining quality. I am picky about clean rooms and never had complains here. Breakfast is high priority for me, and deterred me from many other places. This hotel has buffet with great selection, staff is courteous, remembers individual preferences, such as preferred table, coffee with ice to cool down etc. Concierge host makes the lounge a cozy place to sit down for a drink in the evening. These guys really care, I highly recommend the place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Houston Southwest? Share your experiences!