“Great value... and a Hilton!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10% Today!
Ranked #129 of 447 hotels in Houston
SPRINGFIELD, MO
“Great value... and a Hilton!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel located on the Southwest Freeway (U.S. 59/I-69) is in a very convenient location in Houston. The hotel itself was very clean, spacious, and the food was great. I have not found a better deal in hotels anywhere. If you need a nice, comfortable, and quiet hotel in the Houston area, this would be my recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom M, General Manager at Hilton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for mentioning our great location - just off of SW Fwy 59 and right around the corner to the Galleria, Medical Center and Westchase. Next time you stay with us may I suggest a shopping trip down Harwin Drive - very close to the hotel - and known for it's intenational imports from jewlery to bags and clothing! Thank you for being our guests!

256 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least once a month due to it's proximity to Galleria, Hilton brand and price. Staff is always friendly and they care about your stay. Beds are comfortable and good water pressure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the Excellent review and recognizing our team here for their friendly service - we refer to it as our "Be Excellent" culture and we strive to exceed your expectations every stay!
Bethesda, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel has seen better days; it had a definite shabby feel about it. The room--even on an upper floor--has a lot of highway noise, the HVAC system was very loud, and the surrounding neighborhood left a lot to be desired; I certainly worried about parking my car there overnight. Overall, it simply didn't live up to what one expects with the Hilton name.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tom M, General Manager at Hilton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. The hotel has a plan for on-going renovations, so I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Voloria, Lark, and Arcie were so helpful! I am traveling from out of town for a large conference and dreaded trying to maneuver my way to my room and finding the food and facilities. The staff was everywhere and went out of there way to help me. Super quiet and comfortable. New make over , and I took pics to use ideas for my house :)

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for the great review and for your comments on our team members - we have a service culture of "Be Excellent" and I am pleased we met and exceeded your expectations! Thank you for being our guest!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Our stay at this location started out very unpleasant, however, we contacted corporate who not only made sure our stay was accommodated by Mark Thomas with Guest Assistance; but he made sure the mangement team of that property was notified. Christopher Cunningham of course made sure the remanding of our stay was more pleasant. As a Diamond customer it is very important to us that the environment we stay in is conducive to our needs. We travel all over the US and have planned for out of the country travels soon. We want to know that the Hotel Community Hotels is a Hotel Community that we can depend on without question and that they will always honor their values.

HOSPITALITY INTEGRITY LEADERSHIP TEAMWORK And OWNERSHIP
We’re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences. We do the right thing, all the time. We’re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
We’re team players in everything we do.
We’re the owners of our actions and decisions.
We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.

Room Tip: We ended up at the Hilton Garden in at the Galleria for the next 4 nights. Our experience in this l...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a Hilton Diamond member and I am sorry your stay started on a negative tone - thank you for mentioning our rooms division manager Christopher and the fact that he was able to turn things around during your stay. Thank you for being our guests.
Boston, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I would definitely not recommend this Hilton. Typically, I have had great experiences with Hilton Brand, but this was hands down the dirtiest Hilton I have ever stayed in. The Fitness Center was the worst of all with an overflowing bin of dirty workout towels. The rooms smelled of mold/mildew. I would highly recommend the Post Oak Hilton in Houston over this location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tom M, General Manager at Hilton Houston Southwest, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I am sincerely sorry that you had a negative expierence at out hotel - I am reviewing your comments with my director of Housekeeping and we will make every effort to improve the cleanliness of our rooms.I Have also requested a deep clean of the fitness center - in 2014 we are doing a total make over of this room with new flooring and all new equipment - thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I had read the reviews here, but the hotel was very convenient to where I was going. In addition, I was using HHonors points and this hotel required fewer points than the nearby Galleria hotels. As sometimes happens, I got to my room and someone had been smoking heavily in there. I went back down to explain to the front desk. Unfortunately, the front desk agent was extremely rude, not the least bit apologetic, and basically threw the key card back at me with a new room assignment (even though I not the least bit upset about the porblem). This was really a negative start to my visit.

Thankfully, the agent manning the HHonors check-in saw what happened and tried to smooth it over. Also, there was a gentleman who worked the Executive lounge every day who was extremely pleasant and very helpful. His positive attitude almost made up for the evil front desk agent. The room was pleasant (older but renovated and very clean). The freeway noise wasn't too bothersome since I always use earplugs.

Overall, with the exception of the evil front desk agent, the stay went as I expected. Most of the employees at this hotel are very nice and courteous. I would stay here again, particularly if they re-train the front desk agents.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - I apologize that the check in process was not up to your expectations, but I am glad that we were able to make it up to you during your stay! Thanks for the comment on the Hilton Honors floor concierge - Noe - he is a great team member and I agree his positive attitude is a perfect example of the excellent service we tried to provide all of our guests. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to Houston - we have made some changes at the front desk so and I am sure your check in will be better if you give us another oppertunity!

Been to Hilton Houston Southwest? Share your experiences!