“Good value for a great location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
HHonors Weekend
Ranked #125 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Good value for a great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've stayed here a number of times on personal visits to Houston. Every room is a suite and, I assume, about the same size. The suites are very generous in size. The rooms have all been clean and in good condition, though sometimes the air conditioning has worked a little too well. The hotel is a block from Rice University, which has great running trail around its perimeter. It's also close to Hermann Park, which has more great trails. And it's a block or two away from the Medical Center stop on the METRO Rail. I've never had a problem, but the last few times I stayed I had misgivings about parking in the garage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Hondo, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We love the hotel, BUT amenities for room list a sofa bed for the King Suite at this hotel. We arrived, had 3 adults registered in the room and no sofa bed. The front desk told us it was NOT on the website and they couldn't provide an alternative room or a roll-away. My husband had a very uncomfortable night on the flour! They also don't offer a "free" breakfast (our room service bill was $100.00) and, luckily my husband can speak Spanish or we wouldn't have gotten our order (place on a card the night before) from room service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Denver, CO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

A freind recommended the this Hilton to me. I found it to be right on point with the other Hiltons. I like the fact that I had a great view or galleria/Rice university and that it is close to all the major attractions. The Med Center is quite on the weekend so there was not a lot of traffic. The hotel staff was really great and the service was awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Tupelo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great hotel and staff. They need to work on the A/C in the lobby. It wasn't comfortable while waiting for a cab. Queen suites are a super value. The rooms were nice although my tub had drainage problems. I was totally surprised at the size of the Queen suite! And for the price paid it was worth it! KWheeler

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had been given an amt of 129.00 a night .... two rooms , 3 nights..... when we checked out the amt was 150.00......... she acted like I was lying about the price quoted....... I don't lie.... she was very righteous about it all....... not diplomatic at all......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Germantown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Excellent trip. I was there for cancer treatment, stage four lung cancer. I never felt like I was away from home. They made me feel welcomed and wanted. Great experience. Will stay there again on next trip to Houston

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center? Share your experiences!