“Best Hotel for a cruise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental

You added Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental to your Saves list
Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18700 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #194 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Amarillo
“Best Hotel for a cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

We were celebrating our 32nd anniversary in December 2009. We always book a hotel a day early before our cruise and a day after. Our past experiences with hotels ranged from the Bates hotel from the movie Psycho to dial M for murder. The past hotels were smelly and dirty with the customer service you would expect from rude TV charter.
This time allowed Carnival Cruise lines to set up all of our before and after hotel, they choose this hotel. On our day before the cruise we arrived at about 11:00 and were worried that we would not be able to check in until 3:00pm as with most hotels. To our surprise we were greeted with the best customer service I have ever seen. They gave us a room and explained how the transfer service worked, for the next day.
After a 7 day cruise the last thing you want is a hassle about your room. This hotel’s ambassador Ms. Flowers made coming back a joy she gave us our room key with a smile and remembered us and asked how the cruise was. Did I mention we arrived early to the hotel and that was no problem for this hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was helpful, and everything worked. We had room service for breakfast and ate lunch at the hotel’s restaurant, the food was great.

Joe W

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2009

Weather delays forced me to spend the night at IAH. The next flight out was EARLY the next morning. I didn't want to deal with getting to the airport at 5:30 so despite the 225 a night rate I grabbed a room. Sure, getting there from the terminals is easy via the underground trains. Nice to know where the movie Future World was filmed... on these underground trains. Not sure but I think I saw Blythe Danner and Peter Fonda down there. The rest of the hotel hasn't changed much from the 70's. VERY dated and showing dirt and stains. The room was basic and less than clean. Room service was painfully slow. Check in and out was S L O W and there were no other guests around. Ancient systems from what I could tell. Staff is very stiff and uninviting. As you can tell, I didn't like this place and hope to never have to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
herts uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed on a Saturday after a 9 hour flight from London. We were able to check in at 1pm, which was a bonus. We were allocated a room in the North Tower, which is a circular building. It was clean but very dated and was in need off a renovation.
The kids had fun in the outdoor pool that afternoon. We had a meal in the lounge next to the revolving restuarant which was of a good standard and good value.
The hotel has a shop which sells sundries. It was very expensive for soft drinks and snacks though.
The underground tram is very efficeient and runs from 4am to 1am. We went from hotel to check in in about 5 minutes.
Having stayed at airport Marriott's in Newark, San Francisco, Dulles and LAX this one was not up to the usual high standard. The following evening I was at at Holiday Inn express in Wyoming, that room knocked the Marriott into a poor second place.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I stayed at this hotel the night before a flight and thought it was fine. Parts of the hotel are a bit dated, but I think that some remodeling must have been done since some of the previous reviewers were there because it was fine.

My room was very well appointed with nice furnishings, a good desk, and a comfortable bed. A portable crib had been left in my room from a previous guest and I needed a data cable, so I called the front desk and within minutes someone was at my door with a cable and to take away the portable crib.

I had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which is at the top of the hotel and rotates - that was fun. The service was excellent and the food was pretty good.

The next day after check out, I went downstairs to the airport tram and took it directly to my terminal - very convinient.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

After being discharged from a nearby hospital, I was still far away from home. To my luck, I found a Marriott near IAH. If the rest, food, and drinks made me happy, that's all that mattered.

The best: The bed, the bed, the bed. Being next to IAH AND having an A/C malfunction (brrrr) had almost no effect on the quality of my sleep throughout my stay! I've never slept better.

Allie's restaurant features food & furnishings you'd probably find at many other Marriott and similar competitors but this place somehow made it feel more comfortable. Service was very kind and had a pace that matched up very nicely with mine. They were quick with the order, food, and cashout, and in tune with the pace of the diner.

There are many fine hooks to this place. Underground shuttle to IAH, flight crew shop, solid basic restaurant, outstanding beds, good noise control, Continental training site, and great beds.

The only drawbacks were the pricey rates, awkward gift/sundry shop, and the malfunctioning air conditioner.

All in all, they took excellent care of me. I just hope that this can be maintained.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
College Station, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

We had an early morning flight and decided to stay at the hotel with a direct tram into the airport. The room (in the south tower) was typical ~ nice. Room service was fast, good and with huge portions. Getting into the airport couldn't have been easier. Take the hotel lobby elevator down to tram level, the tram is then just a few steps away! My absolute favorite part was the parking. We left our car there for 5 days and they had an extended stay rate ($16/day, I think). Airplane landed; we picked up our baggage from baggage claim; we took the airport elevator down to the tram level; tram off at the hotel stop; up the hotel elevator to the lobby and within a literal, total 10 minutes we were on our way home!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

Weather stuck us in Houston on the way to vacation. The easiest option was the Marriott, so we got one of the few remaining rooms. The weather had hit the airport hard, and the hotel showed it. The area around the (center) elevator on our floor was flooded. One of the overhead walkways from the center to the outer (rooms) was closed and 1/2 torn down, so we had to walk a bit further- no big deal, though. The room was basic, and pretty worn (like the whole place), but not bad (not even close to the Westin SFO that we stayed at the night before for about the same $$).
The bar at the top had pretty good burgers and beers, but was overpriced as you would expect. Casual and easy, with good service.
I thought the Marriott mercy rate was fair, and I'd probably do it again just for the convenience. Like the others have described, a good stop-over, but not much to look forward to.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental? Share your experiences!