“Decent nights stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental

Save Saved
You added Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental to your Saves list
Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental
Ranked #158 of 451 hotels in Houston
tahoe
“Decent nights stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very pricey for what you get other than convenience of the airport. It was NOT noisy as I was worried about the noise level and everything was decent. Our room looked out on the pool in a courtyard. We only spent a total of 6 hours in the hotel (sleeping time). The beds were decent. The bathroom a bit old with a weird door. I was hoping they had some early morning eating options (like a breakfast bag to gO) but they did not offer anything like that.

Room Tip: Make sure you get on the right underground shuttle from the airport to the hotel. One of the shuttl...
Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

465 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Draper, UT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I didn't have a good night's sleep because I would wake in the middle of the night overheating because the AC shut off. Then it would turn back on, so maybe it was one of those that uses a motion sensor or something to turn it off if you're not active. Regardless, when I set the temp in the room I want it to maintain that temp, whether I am asleep or not. Perhaps I am fussy, but I don't like waking up all sweaty because the room has warmed up beyond the setting I preferred. Anyway, other than that, the hotel is fine. easy access from the airport, the restuarant (the flight deck) is nice for having a few beers and a good ribeye, so no ciomplaints about the food not the staff - they are excellent. I just hate the AC turning off, that's all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel December 2012 for a pre cruise night. Friendly staff, great buffet breakfast and nice appetizers in the non revolving restaurant. We were told there was a shuttle from the airport to the mall, but it only leaves a few times. Took a cab and was over $20.00 due to the traffice. Comfortable and clean, but be aware there is nothing to walk to as it really is in the middle of the airport. Nice gift shops. I would stay again! Not sure I would pay the rack rate, but used Marriott points.

Room Tip: Stay in the north tower.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I spent just one night here on business, and found it to be a decent airport hotel, but in desperate need of renovation. I did notice they were installing new carpet in the hallways, so they are possibly starting the project. At first it is sort of confusing to find your way around with hallways going off in all directions. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and the staff is excellent. If you are flying in and out, it is an excellent hotel being right by the terminals. They also seem to have plenty of conference space as well. I did try the restaurant upstairs which was pretty good with excellent personnel. It has a great view of the runways if you enjoy watching the aircraft. I had en evening snack in the Concierge Lounge, and the dessert were very good, and the young lady working there was wonderful. I also ate breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, and found their breakfast selection to be one of the best with eggs, bacon, sausage, fruits, cereal, sweet rolls, juices, and plenty to choose from. The only thing that kept me from giving it an excellent rating was the fact it was in desperate need of renovation. I would recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

On a recent extended trip to Central America, we decided to use our Marriott reward points to stay at the hotel the night before our early flight. We were given a king room overlooking the airport runway in the newer section of the hotel. The room was large & very clean with a good sized bath. The hotel is connected to the airport terminals by an underground tram which was convenient since we had to visit the airlines reservation counter the night before our flight. We had a nice dinner in the hotel bar/lounge. The fish & chips was surprisingly good; lightly breaded fish was flavorful & the portion would have been enough to split. Back in our room, it was interesting to watch the takeoffs & landings of the planes. We had an extremely early flight the next morning, so requested bellman service the night before; he was prompt & very helpful. He took us to our terminal by car shuttle (about 3 minutes) instead of having us use the tram ( we had considerable luggage) which made it a lot easier. Staff was very helpful & friendly & made a perfect start to our vacation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashburn, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had to overnight in the IAH area and opted to stay here to save ourselves the travel time to/from another hotel. From the airport you ride a train (very reminiscent of the TTA ride at the Magic Kingdom!). Service is every three minutes and takes only a few minutes to get to the hotel. When departing the terminal just follow the signs for the subway/hotel. Once at the hotel stop you take the elevator up to the lobby level for check-in. I was in the Elite Member check-in line, and of course the other line went faster! Once I got to the front desk, check-in went quickly. Since I'm Platinum Premier with Marriott I was given a room on the concierge floor (second floor) and was told that the lounge was open until 2200.

The hotel is circular, so once you get off the elevator on your floor you have to look for the signs to figure out which "spoke" to take to get to your room, especially if you're not told which tower you are in. Our room was a nice size and there was the standard coffee maker with supplies, mini-fridge, a complimentary small bottle of water, and flat screen tv. I had requested extra feather pillows and they were on the bed, along with a nice note from the manager. The bathroom was quite small and there was no way that the two of us could use the sink/vanity at the same time. The bathroom was well stocked with amenities. I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet the room was since the hotel is on IAH grounds. I did not hear a single airplane and slept quite well. While the room was fine, the bathroom and halls looked like they could use a little updating.

I had access to the concierge lounge, so I followed the signs to the lounge, but it seemed like I walked halfway around the hotel to get there! The lounge was a little smaller than I expected and there were dirty dishes on some of the tables. The dishes appeared to have been there for quite some time. Dessert was being served and these dishes had snacks from the earlier offering. There wasn't much left of dessert, and I was there by 2100. I did not see an attendant in the lounge. There were fridges with cold water and soft drinks. There was an assortment of teas and coffee available. We left the next morning before the lounge opened for breakfast.

We went down to the lobby to check-out a bit before 0600, but there was only one person working at the desk. I waited a minute or two, and there was no movement with the line. Since I received my bill under the door and all was ok I decided to just leave the keys and go to the terminal.

If you are flying out of IAH after staying here, be sure to check which terminal your flight is leaving from so you will know in advance which stop to get off at.

If we have to overnight at IAH again we would stay here, just for the convenience of not having to ride a shuttle bus.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

this is a great place to stay if you're jumping from here to a cruise. We stayed here overnight before getting picked up for a disney cruise sailing out of Galveston.

tip: if you are going on a cruise - Disney picks up from the terminal and from the Marriott. you can specify when you're booking or switch when you're already there.

Rooms are clean and well appointed. facilities are a little old, but well maintained.

toughest part for us was things to eat. Houston airport has some great terminals with food in them, but we made the mistake of thinking this was accessible to us. All the shops and resto's are behind security so you really can't access them at all.

Outside of that, the Marriott has its own restaurant which is pretty decent, and also a very decent tuck shop that carries a ton of stuff. Above average for families I would say.

if you don't have a car, that's the extent of your food options. Not really good for families. The hotel provides a shuttle to the nearby mall to expand your eating options, but be ware that walking from the mall to the rest of the surrounding restaurants is almost dangerous with young children. A cab will cost you $20 to and from the hotel to the mall.

This hotel would be a 4 even with the food limitations but I had to pay for internet. Who does that anymore??

Room Tip: free shuttle provided to the local mall, Disney Cruiselines picks up from this airport and has a des...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental? Share your experiences!