“great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental

You added Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental to your Saves list
Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental
Ranked #164 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Warwick, New York
“great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at hotel as we had a very early flight the next morning. The airport underground tram stops at the hotel so there is no need for a car ride to your terminal. Also, I was able to drop off my rental car, take the courtesy bus to the airport, and them take the tram to the hotel. The staff was well trained and extremely polite. They had an answer to any problem or question.

The hotel rooms could use a make over. They looked patched and repaired.

Loacation, location, location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jessica P, Executive Assistant at Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I appreciate your positive comments about the interaction with our staff as we have been focusing for the last year on improving our customer service. I am glad that we were able to meet all of your needs and made your stay with us pleasant. Once again, thank you for staying at the Houston Airport Marriott and we hope to see you again soon.

Happy Holidays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is very tired looking and the elevators are slow, slow. Every room is quite a walk from the lobby and if you come in late and are very tired it can be annoying.
I must say the buffet breakfast was really good. In fact, one of the best I have ever had. It is too bad that I had no choice otherwise I would have stayed somewhere else for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jessica P, Executive Assistant at Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I appreciate your positive comments about our breakfast service. Hopefully the next time you are in the Houston area you will come back and join us for breakfast again. Thank you for staying at the Houston Airport Marriott.
Monterey, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great location, but the rooms are very dated; the concept of tower one, tower two went out with Frodo and Gandalf. This was not a favorite at all, but the staff were very nice and always there to greet you. I won’t be staying here again, but I noticed the place was full, so others liked it.

Room Tip: Drive a couple miles down there street, there are many options.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jessica P, Executive Assistant at Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. It is unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations. The hotel’s owner is reviewing proposals from various designers to modernize our property. We expect to finalize the construction schedule in early 2013. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to meet your expectations in the future.

Thank you again for staying at the Houston Airport Marriott.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We got in on a later flight and spent the night at the Marriott at the airport. I thought it was a great hotel and I have no complaints. We checked in went to our room, slept and checked out so we didn't have a chance to take advantage of any amenities. The pool and hot tub looked wonderful and I'm sorry we didn't have time to enjoy it. The property was very clean and the beds were comfortable. What more can you ask for? Oh, and I didn't hear any noise from the planes (and I'm a light sleeper).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I hope that you are able to stay at our property again in the future and get a chance to use our amenities. Thank you for staying at the Houston Airport Marriott and we hope to see you again soon.

Huntsville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Due to an early morning flight, I stayed at the Marriott Houston Airport. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The room was clean, bed very comfortable and all the requests on my Marriott profile were met. The proximity to the airport is excellent.

Room Tip: Room was quiet even though located next to elevator.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Jessica P, Executive Assistant at Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, November 28, 2012

Dublin, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The hotel can be reached from the terminals without going outside. From baggage claim you go down to the underground automatic train, that runs every couple of minutes. I have stayed in this hotel twice before. This was the first time that I was able to check-in on the train level, but previously I had arrived later in the day. The train level only connects to the South Tower elevator and I was given a North Tower room. Since each visit was separated by a year (with a huge number of hotels in between), I never quite remember how to find my way to the North Tower (especially since the South Tower is circular).

To add to the confusion, the North Tower rooms have 4 digit room numbers. Since I have only ever approached the hotel from underground, I had no idea how tall the North Tower was. The lady who checked me in didn't bother to mention that the first digit should be ignored. It was not too hard to figure out once I was on the elevator, so it was not as annoying as the up-down-up routine to get to the elevator.

The concierge lounge is in the South Tower, which makes it a longer trip if you are staying in the North Tower.

The beds are comfortable and the internet connection worked reasonably well.

Room Tip: The South Tower rooms can be reached with a single elevator ride. In contrast to reach a North Towe...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I apologize for the confusion of our hotel’s layout. The North Tower is the base support for our hotel and holds our three restaurants, the concierge lounge, the main lobby, and has the access to the airport tram. For more convenience, the next time you make a reservation with our hotel we strongly suggest that you call our front desk at 281-443-2310 and request a room in the North Tower for easier access to the several outlets that our property offers.

Thank you again for staying at the Houston Airport Marriott and we hope that you return to our property in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The location couldn't be better: when you get off the plane, take the escalator down, take a three minute tram ride, up the escalator, and you're in the hotel lobby!

However, it is an older hotel with small rooms, and was refurbished about five years ago. The hotel has a very strange circular design, and the elevators are incredibly slow. Despite being right in the airport, i didn't hear any planes from my room.

They have a very nice bar/lounge on the top floor. It used to be revolving, but doesn't revolve any more.

Overall, it isn't the most beautiful hotel in the world, but was certainly one of the more convenient ones.

• Stayed November 2012
Jessica P, Executive Assistamt at Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I appreciate your positive comments about our lounge and rooftop restaurant. The hotel’s owner is reviewing proposals from various designers to modernize our property. We expect to finalize the construction schedule in early 2013.

Happy Holidays!

Been to Marriott Houston Airport at George Bush Intercontinental? Share your experiences!