“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This hotel is not only conveniently located to the Greenway area and so much more, but the personnel are attentive and offer excellent service.

Breakfast buffet offers great variety

Concierge is best in the business! Great assistance with cabs, restaurrants, reservations

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello hansmetta,
Thank you so much for such fantastic feedback!! It's great to hear that you love our hotel, staff & location!! Mandy does a great job and I will be glad to pass on your gracious comments to her! We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!
Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hotel was inexpencive non smoking Room 1423 was clean except there was cigarette ashe in some places, there was previous people clothes sitting under bed. Hotel is close to highway at night room was a bit noisy I had hard time sleeping. Location is OK, there are a lot of places for eating within walking distance. There is self parking option for $9 per night.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Hello neoleos 1,
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you feel we offer a great value. I apologize that your room had some issues that were overlooked by housekeeping. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate your review and hope that we get another chance to earn 5 stars!
Parksville, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I do not normally express my displeasure publicly, but I think in this case it needs to happen. We were booked by a cruise line into this hotel and decided to arrive a day early. Called hotel from home and reserved a further one day. Were specifically told that no need to change rooms (cruise lines block book rooms), however this turned out not to be the case. The two reservations were not attached and it took some time in the morning to get this matter sorted out as the manager had yet to arrive by 9:20. The young lady at the desk was quite helpful (for as much as she could do) and apologetic regarding the delay in rectifying this error. Very pleasant and fairly professional. Room was average for the age of this hotel but well below the advertised number of stars. Room was quiet despite facing the freeway. Furnishings are dated and some with stains, but again one must consider the age. Wake up call happened as promised. Breakfast although simple (French Toast and Pancakes for my wife and I) was delivered promptly by a well groomed and very professional waiter. This is where the average ends and the poor begins. Following a rainy day touring we decided to eat in the Reeds Restaurant in the hotel. Mistake!!! Waited at the entrance for several minutes before being acknowledged by the only waiter on duty. He took us to a table and when I asked if we could possibly have a booth, he just gave the menus to my wife and said take any booth you want. We sat ourselves and again waited several minutes for him to return to take our order. He didn't see fit to take a beverage order, as I believe to be a common event, prior to him returning about 15 minutes later to take our food order. I need to add at this time the restaurant had 2 tables when we entered, so his behavior was not due to overwork. Order an appetizer of crab cakes; we both had NY steak and fries, coffee and water. After bringing the coffee, we didn't see the waiter at our table for the next 45 minutes. (The waiter appeared to be more concerned with the female bar tender rather than any of his tables.) When the food arrived, no crab cakes. Se said he forgot to put the order into the kitchen. Steaks were to be done medium and medium rare. Wrong... both well done. Fries and veg are supposed to be served hot. Wrong... cold. Didn't see the waiter for again some time. When he did ask how everything was, he seemed surprised at my blunt and forward comments and then said something that sounded like "Oh well". (I would have sent both plates back, but he was nowhere to be seen. We both begrudgingly ate the meat and I left the "twice-dropped" cold fries and veg. (For those who don't know the term Twice-Dropped" means, it is the practice of putting fries (or any other deep-fried food) into the deep frier a second time and is done in order to reduce food costs by not preparing new food. This may be indicative of a facility were there is no quality control.) Bottom line here is although I may, with some hesitancy, recommend this hotel (depending upon the nature of the trip) I will stand behind my comments regarding the food and service at Reed Restaurant and will not recommend eating a dinner at this restaurant... period.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
dhollier, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the service that you experienced in Reed's restaurant last night. It saddens me that I am apologizing for bad service because that is not the type of industry that we are in. Our goal is to make sure that all guests leave satisfied so I am so sorry to hear that we did not succeed with you. It's nice to hear that you were satisfied with breakfast and that the rest of the staff was able to accommodate your needs. Rest assured that this issue will be addressed and proper action will be taken. I will pass on your comments to the Food & Beverage Director as well as our general manager.
Mandy Bates
Guest Services
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Overall the hotel takes pride in the customer and its staff , The hotel and the staff was great. It all was great. Also the dinning and room service is top of the line along with breakfast , And the bar area . housekeeping
Does a excellent job. A special thanks to Amanda Bates every time I stay at this hotel she does a out standing Job.

• Stayed December 2014
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Hello Darled K,
Thank you so much for sharing such nice comments on hotel and staff!! I am thrilled to hear that you stay with us often and that you leave satisfied every time!! Mandy does a great job taking care of our guests so I know she will be thrilled to read your review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stay at htis hotel offten and its always a graet place to stay. The staff is always ready to help with anything you may need. I would recomend this hotel to other that plan to visit the Houston area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hello Earnest S,
Thank you for your review and recommendation!! It's wonderful to hear that you stay with us often and that our staff takes such great care of you during your visits! We might be an older hotel but we do everything we can to make sure our guests leave satisfied! We greatly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return!
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

New, Clean, enthusiastic and helpful staff and............a most unbelievable breakfast that's included! Oh, great location - easy walking distance to happenings in town. The front desk knows the area and are experienced in directions to eateries, shopping and....oh no - BARS!

Hello Jim F,
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on our hotel and staff!! It's nice to hear that you love our hotel, location and staff!! Our staff prides itself on being known as one of the best in the city! I will be glad to pass on your gracious comments to them and I know they will be thrilled to hear that they helped make your stay a great one!!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When i first walk in to the hotel, the first thing i saw the fake trees fully covered in dust dont know how long they been whit out proper cleaning, that is just totally unaseptable
And when i when up to my room the hallways SMELLS BAD, FLOOR # 8 hotels is just like an old cheap motel, my room smell like somebody been smoking in the room…This place is just old and in despaired NEED OF FACE LIFT furniture is old and full of stains the carpet look old and its looks like is never been clean.. thank you Priceline, WOREST HOTEL EVER ,an I'm not upset or any thing like that, it makes me mad the owners or the GM don't pay attention to those little details, THIS IS NOT A 31/2 STAR HOTEL, ITS MORE LIKE A 1STAR ,

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello angela b,
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your previous stay. Whether positive or negative we greatly appreciate any feedback from our guests. We are sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are constantly cleaning and updating our hotel and I sincerely apologize that you left so unhappy. I have sent you a private message to get some details on your recent stay so I can investigate your complaints.
Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks? Share your experiences!