“Excellent Hotel for Business” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #15 of 456 Hotels in Houston
“Excellent Hotel for Business”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I have been assigned to the Houston area for business and this hotel has been where I've done the majority of my work. The staff is amazing! They are always willing to help out. Suzy and Mandy at the concierge desk have been outstanding. I cannot say enough good things! You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Hello coty1998,
Thank you for your kind comments on our staff! They are our most important asset and we appreciate you posting your comment so they get the recognition they deserve. I know that Mandy & Susie will be thrilled to know you mentioned them for their hard work! Thank you so much for your review and recommendation!
Debbie Hollier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Inadvertently I missed my book date, the Manager honored my Groupon and allowed my children and I to stay on a weekend we didn't have reserved. Great experience. The breakfast buffet was very good, eggs to order, hot fresh pancakes off the grill cooked while you wait.

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Frank Dillon1963,
Thank you for such fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear that one of our managers went above and beyond and was able to accommodate your request to stay with us! It's nice to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, staff & services. I will pass on your compliments to the chef and we hope we get to take care of you again soon!
Safe Travels,
Beaumont, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Even though this place in on the highway you could not hear the noise in the room. The hotel is very nice and the breakfast buffet is wonderful. The rooms are nice as well. The only negative was that the a/c would not go below 72. I'm assuming that is intentional. I would stay again, but will bring a small fan in Texas' hot summers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Lisa C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story. I am thrilled to hear that our location worked well for your traveling needs and that you enjoyed our quiet rooms! It's nice to hear that you love our breakfast buffet and I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the chef. I am sorry that your room did not get below 72. The A/C will reach down to 69 but if the curtain is open the Houston heat will warm up the room. I am sorry for that but I hope that next time you stay with us we will earn 5 stars!
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at the Suite room, the toiletries were OK. But no mini-bar, no drinking bottled water, gets noisy during the night as it faces the freeway(Room 1001). The package I took was including breakfast, but without even referring to me a invoice was prepared, ( that's what I call efficiency). Had to back to reception to get it ratified, not even a whisper of sorry. The hotel is getting old. Post my breakfast when I walked to my room (Suite), the maintenance guys were relaying the television, there was no intimation/request to me on this subject. I had to spend my time in the sitting area for the next 1/2 hour till they fixed the TV. The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the other side of the freeway, it gets noisy during late night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hello Harvesh V,
Thank you for sharing your candid comments. I apologize for the issue that you experienced with breakfast. You should have been given a breakfast voucher when you checked in which would have avoided the confusion. I will research the issue so that it does not happen again. We are in the process of upgraded the TV's in our suites so I am terribly sorry for the disturbance. I hope that after it was installed that you enjoyed the new 37" TV you received. We do not offer a mini bar in the rooms but we constantly upgrading our hotel so I hope that next time your travels brings you to Houston you will try us again!!
Best Regards,
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at this place for a weekend on the town and couldn't be happier! Every staff member from the first person to greet you was kind and helpful. The concierge, Mandy Bates, was the best I have ever encountered. So knowledgable if the area and willing to go the extra mole to make sure your stay not only at the hotel bug in Houston is memorable. Clean rooms, great location and perfect service. Will be back soon!

• Stayed May 2013
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello Natasha A,
Thank you so much for such a nice review!! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and especially our great staff! I know that Mandy will be so excited to read your raving review! She loves taking care of guests and she especially likes hearing that she helped make someones stay a memorable one. We appreciate your review and recommendation and look forward to your return!
Richmond, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family spent a weekend in Houston recently and stayed at Crowne Plaza River Oaks. We actually live in Richmond, Texas, but decided to take advantage of the low weekend rates and stay close to the Museum of Natural Science, Hermann Park, and Specs on Smith. After our visits on Saturday, we headed to the hotel. Mandy Bates, concierge, assisted us with our check-in and securing adjoining rooms for the family. Sher was terrific! We packed a picnic lunch from Specs and enjoyed an afternoon of swimming and snacking at the pool. Room service for late night snacks was timely and good! My grandson and daughters had a wonderful time! In the morning, we had planned to visit Discovery Park. However, the pool was such a hit, we spent the morning there before check out. All in all, a great weekend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello texas_cindy2000,
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you chose CPRO for your staycation!! I know that living in Richmond can be a hike to all of the attractions that Houston has to offer. I am happy that our hotel made it easier for your family to have such a great weekend getaway. I know that Mandy will be thrilled to hear that she helped make your stay a great one! We look forward to your return!!
Best Regards,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

More hotels need staff like Megan Brock. Megan cares about her guest and making sure their needs are met. My husband is a patient at MD Anderson and we are there every 6 weeks. At 1st we tried different hotels to find not only comfort and convenient but a reasonable price. I stumbled onto Crowne Plaza and a very friendly voice. We will return here every time and know we are also in a great location for restaurants and shopping. We valet parked and on some days left the hotel 4 times and each tie the attendants were cheerful and accommodating to have our car ready to go. On our last visit Megan surprised us with a free upgrade to a suite. Since our visits are not for enjoyment little things can make everything feel better. The little things that can arise in any hotel, even 5 Diamond, could not have been taken care of any faster or with a nicer staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello cmars,
Thank you so much for such a raving review!! I am thrilled to hear that you feel at home at CPRO! I know that traveling for medical reasons can be difficult so I am so glad that our hotel and Megan are able to make your traveling as easy as possible! Our biggest asset is our staff and I am happy to hear that we have won you over with our incredible service. We look forward to having you back in another 6 weeks!!
Safe Travels,
Debbie Hollier

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks? Share your experiences!