“Business Travelers Choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 451 hotels in Houston
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Business Travelers Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have previously reviewed the hotel and highlighted a few of its advantages to the business travelers.
Among them the location and proximity to all main needs.
In this review I would like to emphasize three additional services I found quite useful in this hotel in my frequent travels.
Placing a booking and helping in special needs, Ms. Debbie Hollier (Director of Sales & Marketing) is always a short e-mail away from assisting in any possible way. Making it all so easy to plan ahead my business schedule.
Hotel Concierge - An extraordinary lady by the name of Mandy Bates is a super efficient helpful go-to-person, from last minute dinning needs to stationery and production recommendation and facilitation, she makes it all happen with accountability, reliability and a smile.
In my frequent travel there is a need for me to receive packages during my stay and prior to my check-in, hotel front desk manager, Ms. Tara Riginio is a delightful responsible person who makes sure all my shipment deliveries needs are met around the clock and before/during and after my visit.
Couple all that with a pleasant room, a very comfortable sleeping accommodation and your pretty much set for your full business needs.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend a room close to the elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello Amir S,
Wow! Thank you for such a raving review! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel, staff & services! We are honored that you continue to choose CPRO as your Houston hotel choice and we appreciate your loyalty. We love it when our guests acknowledge some of our stand out employees. I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy, Debbie & Tara. I know they will be happy to know that you appreciate their hard work. We look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,

1,081 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I traveled to Houston for a friends wedding last month. The hotel was clean & very modern. After we checked in we were greeted by Mandy at the concierge desk. She was so friendly and seemed to really want to help us with whatever we wanted. She had awesome coupons and great suggestions! She helped make our trip a great one. The rest of the staff was friendly and the hotel was in a great location. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed February 2013
dhollier, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello Specalk,
We greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We love to hearing from your and glad you enjoyed your stay and level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing our staff. It made their day.
Sid Siddiqi,
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Used this hotel since one I usually stay at was full and others that were recommended were full, too. Good location at interchange of I610/59 and very close to I45. The room was average but it was nice that it had a mini frig and microwave. We asked for a late check out and were given until 2:00--that was super nice since meeting was 1 mile away and started at 3. Restaurant surprised us on 2 levels. 1) the food was very good--had pasta primavera with grilled shrimp--delkicious. My friend ate the grilled talapia and had raves for it. 2) Service was very slow at night and extremely poor at lunch. At night the wait person seemed to be doing best he could, but was not sharp. But we had lots of time, did not want to leave hotel, so OK. Since dinner was good and we did not know of any restuarants nearby, we decided to have lunch in hotel restaurant. Food was not as good as night before--I has grilled talapia and it was not cooked all the way through and friend had fried shrimp platter which was just OK. But the service was extremely poor--the waiter ignored us, the hostess had to assist, it was clear the waiter and the hostess did not get along, the waiter pretended that he did not speak English and only Spanish (although we heard him speak to others in English with no problem) so I spoke to him in Spanish. He was rude, and had an attitude. For examolke, when i asked for gravy for my mashed potatoes, he asked why and huffed off, returning 15 minutes later with gravy. We had to ask for rolls and butter. At lunch it took so long for our food to arrive that we were ready to leave and just drive around until we found a fast food place to eat. The restaurant was not crowded at night or for lkunch

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
dhollier, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello Fran M,
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to bring those issues to our attention. Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps us monitor and improve our service continually. I sincerely apologize for the level of service that you received in the restaurant and I will make sure it does not happen again. I have sent you a private message to get some details on your stay. I hope to hear back from you soon!
Mandy Bates
SanAntonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I can't imagine why the ratings are so high for this place. It is FAR from exceptional. If you read my other reviews you will see I am pretty low maintenance and don't need to have my rear end kissed to feel like I am getting good service and good value but this place is NOT recommended. Best for families? What? Yes the location is convenient but there are hundreds of options a five minute drive from this place. Any photos of the pool are completely misleading. It is about a 30x10 rectangle in a walled in "courtyard" that is actually just a wall around it to keep you seperated from the parking lot. Ice machine on my floor did not work for entire 3 day stay and there was never a sign on it to acknowledge anyone was fixing it. The trash in the vending area on my floor was overflowing and not picked up for at least a 12hour period. Yes the front desk staff was nice but shouldn't they be? I asked for my Priority rewards account to be updated and desk said they would. 3 days later it was still not done. I asked for late checkout and they said SURE, when we got back with a hungry family toting to-go food up to the room we were locked out. Had to go back down to desk to get key reactivated. By the time I got back upstairs family had decided to sit on dirty hallway rug and start eating. NICE (sarcasm intended).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We take all feedback seriously and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service and quality that you received during your recent stay. I am glad that you were able to get a 2pm check out. When you checked in your keys are only made for the # of days that you are staying with us. I am sorry that you were upset that you were locked out but the keys stop working at noon. I will be investigating your complaints to see what we can do to make sure this doesn't happen again. I have sent you a private message so I can get more details from you. I hope to hear back from you.
Best Regards,
Mandy Bates
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great place and centrally located to the Med Center where we had a loved one staying. Free daily shuttle as well. Breakfast buffet was awesome, and the concierge service (Mandy) we got exceeding our expectations. Definitely will be back

Room Tip: Free shuttle, use it..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello Tommy B,
Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that our location worked well for you when you were visiting a loved one in the hospital. Our complimentary shuttle is a great service and I hope it made traveling easier for you. It's nice to hear that Mandy took such great care of you. I will pass on your gracious comments to her and I know that she will be thrilled to hear that she was recognized for her hard work. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 weeks while our daughter was in the hospital in the nearby Texas Medical District. We were very happy to have a free shuttle back & forth. Staying in a hotel for 2 weeks during a crisis situation is a daunting task, but thanks to the attention from the great staff we were able to find some comfort and peace.

We especially loved the morning breakfast buffet. They had a huge variety of delicious foods including French toast & Omelets cooked to order all included. The cocktail bar was also a nice place to relax with a glass of wine before bed. The pool looked great, however it being December- we did not get to use it.

We definitely would stay here again, hopefully not under the same circumstances. But someday we will enjoy that pool!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello Tonya B,
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel, staff & services. I am so sorry that the reason you stayed with us was because your daughter was in the hospital but I am happy to hear that we helped give you some comfort & peace during such a difficult time. We treat our guests like family and we are always here to assist your needs. It will be warming up soon so I hope you get to take a dip in our pool. We look forward to your return!
East Granby, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently enjoyed the comfort and cleanliness of this Crowne Plaza in Houston! I was exhausted from traveling over 3,000 air miles in one day, and needed a run, shower and drink. As I arrived at the front desk, to check-in, the hotel's Director of Hospitality personally greeted me, and subsequently invited me to a top floor reception including free appetizers and drinks. "Sign me up"! I shouted. (This is Texas, so you can yell, for no reason) I made my way to my room with no delay, utilized the modernized fitness facility and got in a quick shower. I dressed quickly and made it to the 18th floor for some crab cakes, grilled marinated chicken & artichoke skewers and an ice cold beer. My hat is off to the staff, and I can't wait to return to Houston!!!

• Stayed March 2013
dhollier, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi Thomas G,

Wow! Thank you for writing such a raving review and sharing your story with us!! ! It is so nice to hear that you love our hotel and staff. We are honored that you chose us for traveling in Houston. Our job is to make you feel comfortable and at home. I am thrilled to hear that you love it here, We truly care about all of our guests. We will be here when you return!
Best,
Sid Siddiqi

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks? Share your experiences!