“Amazing Place for Our Long-term Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #38 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
USA
“Amazing Place for Our Long-term Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We had a family member who was having long-term medical treatment in Houston’s medical center, so we spent many nights over several months at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks. As you may know, long-term medical treatment can be extremely wearing especially when the health problem is life-threatening, and for us the Crowne Plaze was our refuge from the storm providing us a place of peace and tranquility during our many stressful days.

The people who help me at a hotel are usually what make the difference for me between a good stay and a great stay, and this was our experience at the Crowne Plaza. The staff in general were outstanding and two of them were especially exceptional from beginning to end - They are Debbie Hollier, the Director of Sales and Marketing, and Mandy Bates, the Concierge. They took such wonderful care of us, addressing our every need, and were always there to brighten our days with a smile and kind voice. There were many others that I should also mention as they are all part of the finely-tuned orchestra that helped us on a daily basis – Freida Bell; and at the front desk were Roxanne, Shaila, Tara, Jackie, Chris, Marcella, and Anna Maria; and the operator, Sammy.

The hotel itself is also quite impressive. The lobby is well-decorated. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the suites are spacious with a 2-room layout. They have a cocktail lounge and restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And they have a parking garage providing cover from the rain, and shade from the sometimes intense Houston sun. They truly have everything you need.

I strongly recommend the Crowne Plaza River Oaks for any length of stay, and I would especially recommend them for a long-term stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Hello TZS,
Wow! What an amazing review! It warms my heart to know that our staff made your stay the best it could be. It was my pleasure taking care of you during your long term stay & I know the other staff members feel the same. We have many long term guests and it is great to get to know everyone and see them get well day by day. Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and sharing your story! I am sure the rest of the TA readers appreciate it. We look forward to your return!
Debbie Hollier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had yet another great stay at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks. Mandy the concierge sent us over to Lupo Tortilla for dinner and we were given free appetizers and had a great meal. Afterwards we went up to the managers reception for free drinks which they do every Wednesday.
Very friendly customer service and grew rooms and accommodations. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Hello av8roc,
I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you recieved excellent customer service! Mandy has great suggestions and I am glad you had a chance to go to Lupe Tortillas. I love that place!!! I am happy to hear that you had a chance to attend the welcome reception...It is always a great time! We look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Business brought me to Houston so I stayed at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks hotel and received fairly good service. The check-in and check-out process was efficient. The room that I was assigned to was on the 18th floor so there was no noise at all from the adjacent freeway. It was a nice large room with a very comfortable king size bed. It had a small fridge and a microwave oven. The bathroom was clean and nice size. The only thing that I found odd was that I had to close the bathroom door to get to the closet. Great radio (without static). Most other hotels have tiny, cheap little radios but this one was nice with an ipod doc and used it to tune into a great local station since I like to unwind with music after a long day. The restaurant offers a good priced continental or full buffet breakfast with quick service. Location was great since there are several restaurants nearby. The museum district and jazzier eateries are only three miles away. I would recommend this hotel for business as it gives good value for its location and the employees are very knowledgeable and friendly. Parking is also a good value with self-parking in the connecting garage being only $8.00 per day.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors are quiet with nice views of city.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hello isaw176,
Thank you so much for taking time to share your detailed comments! I am thrilled that you loved our location, staff & services. I love hearing from satisfied guests and its great to know that our quality of rooms & services met your expectations. We look forward to your return & thank you in advance for any referrals that you send our way!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I did appreciate the checkin service it was very quick and professional. The concierge - Mandy was unbelievable, she was very informative and reminded me of the talent normally found at a Ritz Carlton. She remembered all names of everyone in all parties and offered assistance and service information above and beyond. The overall hotel is average yet affordable but the showers are to way to small and the bath faucets are difficult to operate.

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Hello Tdevescery,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story! I am glad that Mandy was able to take such good care of you during your stay! I'm positive that she will love reading your review. I am pleased to hear that you like our hotel & services and that you feel we are above average. I am disappointed to hear that you feel our bathrooms are too small. But I am glad that you enjoyed everything else! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review!
Take care,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I had a great stay and Mandy Bates was very helpful and friendly.. She came over and talked to us at the 1820 room while we were having drinks. She told us about places around here to eat and visit. She is very good at her job and I will stay here again when I come back because of her..

Hello Crabb25,
Wow! Thank you so much for such a huge compliment towards Mandy! I'm sure she will be thrilled to read your review. I am glad that she was able to help make your stay so memorable! She has tons of great ideas and suggestions & I am so happy to hear that you will be returing. We hope to see you soon! Have a wonderful day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Great hotel, good location, good service, excellent happy hours every wednesday

Hello uswangb,
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel, staff & services! It is also nice to hear that you attend the wednesday receptions! The complimentary cocktails and snacks are great, as well as the company. We look forward to your return! Have a great day!
Best Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Not only is it very clean. The staff is very friendly. Mandy is a sweetheart. What ever you need she is there. I would so come back here time after time!!!!

Hello stephsp15,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza! Mandy is very sweet and I am glad that she was able to make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to your return. Have a great day!!
Debbie Hollier

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks? Share your experiences!