“Service with a Smile” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Jackson, Mississippi
“Service with a Smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

From the moment my daughter and I walked into this hotel, we were met with welcoming smiles and courteous service. This never changed throughout the 10 days of our stay. It is rare to find a hotel where every part of the operation is run smoothly and with such caring staff: the valet men, the lovely parking attendant, awesome front desk staff, housekeeping staff, concierage, shop lady, etc. In addition, the location of this hotel is exceptional. Located next to the interstate (never heard any noise from it) and main roads - Kirby and Richmond - it is a quick trip to most anywhere. My daughter and I felt safe and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I am already planning a return trip to Houston and absolutely intend on staying at this property again. Thanks to your entire team!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

I will never stay here again. We were woken up before 8 am (and sometimes in the middle of the night) for random reasons on four of the seven nights we stayed. The time in the middle of the night was when my husband went to do laundry and get change at the front desk because he didn't want to wake me up to ask for the keys to my car, where I keep change. He told the front desk this, but they had no change at the time, so they CALLED US AT 4 AM when they finally had change, waking me up in the middle of the night. Other times, there was no one staying in the room next door, so the wake-up call they did went unanswered...for 20 minutes...nonstop. When we tried to call the front desk to complain, the phone didn't work. And when there were people next door, we could hear EVERYTHING through the connecting doors. Our A/C broke in the middle of the week (in 90 degree heat). The shower is made of stone material with unsealed crevices that are now filled with mold (which I'm allergic to). The pool is a joke - they have one just big enough to be able to call a pool for advertising purposes.

Room service stops serving breakfast at 10:30 am, so naturally when I called AT 10:30, they couldn't be bothered to accommodate me. Never mind that I had been trying for the last ten minutes to get ahold of someone to take my order. I had finally had to call the front desk, who just transferred me back again. Back to calling the front desk, who ended up having to eventually PHYSICALLY SEND SOMEONE DOWN to room service to make them answer the phone.

On top of this, they get they're price down on Priceline by cheating you with extra fees at the front desk - $8 for parking per day? If I had known about all the little fees they'd add and the terrible service, I'd have stayed elsewhere. NOT worth the money. If I hadn't been locked into the hotel by Priceline, I'd have been out of there after the first day.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
LaPorte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed here for a week for business & I really enjoyed myself. From the moment I checked in I felt welcome because everyone was so friendly. I also attended the welcome reception which was really nice. There were complimentary appetizers & cocktails and also great company. I really liked that they had a shuttle available that took me to the galleria. The concierge was very helpful and she gave me a coupon to use at dinner. This hotel really offers many great services & it is a great value.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ssiddiqi, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Hello bluecorner706,

Thank you for staying with us! I am so pleased that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the hotel. The Priority Club Reception that you mentioned is held every Wednesday so please come back and enjoy again. Thank you too for your comments on Mandy, our Concierge. She is indeed a great asset. We look forward to your next visit!

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at Houston River Oaks with another couple for a concert. We were very pleased with our stay. Our rooms were very clean and the staff here gave great service. We had emailed the Hotel ahead of time with a few questions which Jackie and Mandy gladly kept in contact with us and were very ready to help with anything. Thank you two very much!! We did eat breakfast at the Hotel which was all very good. We choose the buffet which ran about $10 but was worth it. The sad part we only stayed one night. We surely would stay here again. Thanks again Jackie and Mandy for your outstanding customer service. The Savoy's

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello cajunpeach,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Thank you for submitting a review and for you comments about Jackie and Mandy. They are great I agree! I hope that you will come back and see us again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed here during a recent visit to see the family and we really enjoyed the service. The cookies in the room were my a nice touch too. I would definitely stay again. The nice girl that greeted us at the front was extra helpful deciding on dinner and even went as far calling ahead for priority seating..thanks a ton Mindi? (sorry..bad with names)

• Stayed May 2011
Hello Pbaperez,

Thank you for a nice review! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your compliments to Mandy. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Location great. Shuttle to Galleria, shopping area & other places. Restaurant has breakfast buffet. The dinners were delicious. I have many food allergies & the chef prepared the dishes I ordered special. We had a suite with microwave, refrigerator, sink area. It was one of the nicest we have stayed in. Pool was in a quiet area. Room rates average prices. The staff is first rate. Enjoyed the weekend & will go again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello pill35,

Thank you very much for your review! It is always nice to have our guests not only enjoy their stay but to also post a review. Please do come back and see us again!

Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Stayed here for business. Location ideal for meetings I attended in the Galleria as well as Downtown. And the breakfast buffet great and ideal for being in a hurry. The lady at the concierge desk also very helpful when I needed directions and a dinner reservation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
ssiddiqi, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Hello Lar22258,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. It is always nice to hear that guests enjoyed the hotel. We are very happy too with Mandy, our Concierge. I will pass on your compliments to her.

713-577-1250

Been to Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks? Share your experiences!