“Terrible shuttle service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport

You added Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8611 Airport Blvd., Houston, TX 77061 (Formerly Ramada Plaza Houston Hobby Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #223 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Maryland
“Terrible shuttle service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is about what you would expect for an airport hotel, but their shuttle service is the worst I have ever experienced. They said it's because they share service with the 4 points hotel. I'd rather pay an extra $10 dollars a night for better service. I waited 45 min at enterprise for a pick up and had to call numerous times. Each call promised pick-up "within 10 minutes

• Stayed October 2013
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Statmans,
Thank you for taking time to leave a review and although we would love to have you as our guest, we believe your stay was with the Holiday Inn Express as we are a full service hotel and do not share shuttle services with any other properties. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 713-946-8900.
Best Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

For any 'airport' hotel, the top standard to measure its value is how far it is from the airport and the transportation between the hotel and the airport. This Holiday inn scores high in terms of both.

The free shuttle bus takes you from the hotel to the airport within 5 minutes and it runs about every 30 minutes 24 hours. So basically you don't have to worry about being late for the flight off the Hobby airport.

The room was spacious and stocked with a full set of amenities. Linens and towels were clean. Big beds. I like the lobby, very cozy with a lot of sofas to sit around. The breakfast opened very early in the morning and I was able to catch the first servings before leaving. Typical American breakfast choices but well cooked.

I paid about $110 for one night which was not cheap. It is however a safe choice if you just look for a nice place to stay near Hobby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear carlf_sea,
Thank you for the time you took out of your schedule to write such a pleasant review!! We agree that the proximity between our location and the Hobby Airport is very convenient and accommodating for our traveling guests. We were glad to hear that you liked the amenities we offer in our spacious rooms as we try to choose items that are useful and needed by our guests. We were also glad to hear that you enjoyed our lobby area as we try to provide an environment that is very comfortable for our guests so they feel they can relax and enjoy themselves. We were happy to hear that you were able to enjoy a good breakfast prepared by our culinary team as this is always a great way to start off any day. Your kind comments have been shared with our team and we appreciate the feedback you offerred. We hope that you will return to be our giuest again anytime your travel plans bring you back to the Houston Hobby area!!
Warmest Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I actually rented this on a Priceline express deal about 30 minutes prior to arrival without. This means I did not know the name of the Hotel but only that the location was within the area and star rating that I had chose.
I was pleasantly surprised that I got this at such a great price! ($40). It was also only 4 miles from my destination.
Check in was quick and the front desk was friendly even though the lobby area seemed to be buzzing with people getting ready to go out on a Saturday night.
The room was exceptionally clean. The beds were comfortable. The decor had been updated and was pleasing to the eye. It even had my much needed coffee pot in the room.
Although there were many people socializing outside the room was quiet. It had everything that I needed. Check out was just as quick and polite. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I'm in the area

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear lambubblebee,
Thank you for the time you took out of your schedule to write such a refreshing review about your most recent stay with us!! We were pleased to hear that your experience as our guest was pleasant and your comments have been shared with our team. We stride in providing our guests with the best possible guest services our hospitality has to offer. We would love to be your host again anytime you find yourself in the Houston Hobby area and look forward to seeing you again!! Until then, wishing you many safe travels from all of us at the Holiday Inn Houston Hobby area!!
Respectfully,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel was comfortable but fitness center equipment was unusable and cheap. I am not sure why Holiday Inn would tolerate this. If a workout routine is an important part of your choice DO NOT stay here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jon G.,
Thank You for taking time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate any feedback our guests provide us as this allows us to know how we are doing and identify areas that may require more attention in providing guest services. Our team is dedicated to providing the best possible guest experience for all our guests. We were pleased to hear you found your stay to be comfortable, however we would like to offer you a sincere apology as we fell short of meeting your expectations regarding our fitness room. Plans to look into upgrading the equipment in our fitness center are currently being discussed. With that being said, we hope that you may allow us the opportunity to be your host again in the near future. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Nashua, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The room I was given, 510, had a definite funky smell and was very humid when I entered. Even after running the AC full tilt for hours every time I entered the room I was struck by the humidity. I only planned on staying a night to catch an early morning flight and I wouldn't stay two nights if I had to!

The maid never cleaned out the refrigerator from the previous guest. There was a half gallon of milk and some water in it. Lazy.

On the other hand I ate at the bar and had an excellent meal of a filet and crab legs.

Not sure if I want to return.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Ron L.,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We appreciate any and all feedback from our guest as this allows us to know how we are doing. We would like to offer you our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We agree that Houston can become very humid, not to mention it's a very damp type humidity, which can create issues within that itself. We would like you to know that we are implementing procedures for having all refrigerators checked when a guest has checked out to prevent further similar type incidents you experienced from re-occurring. We were pleased to hear that you felt the meal you enjoyed in our lounge was excellent and your comments have been shared with our food and beverage associates!! We would like the opportunity to be your host again the next time you find yourself in the Houston Hobby area with the intentions of your experience being one of a pleasant and memorable one. Until then, wishing you many safe travels!!
With Warmest Regards,
Lincoln, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I had spent a night before and after a cruise just last week. We had reservations to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson (now The Best, and soon to be The Best Western according to lobby). We walked over to the Holiday and had dinners both nights at the Sports Bar. The gentleman behind the bar was very nice and the food was excellent. See my other review regarding the Country Inn, the Best, the Best Western, whatever the name is.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear TandLR_4951,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review about your dining experience at our sports bar!!! Your comments have been shared with Edward in which he really appreciated your review and left him with a smile on his face. We have to agree that our culinary associates do prepare some very tasty entrees that are pleasing to the palate. We welcome you back again to join us for dinner or as our guests anytime your travel plans bring you back to the Houston Hobby area!!
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The people are very helpful, they go out of there way to make sure we were very happy with the room and service. Demetri and Antonia are the BEST, they both go above and beyound. We love this hotel!!!!! I can not say enough about this hotel. Demetri has made our stay a very enjoyable one. We will keep coming back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Steven H., Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience through writing a review!! I appreciate your compliment and your compliments about Demetri will be shared with him as well. We feel having friendly and accommodating associates within our team is detrimental in making sure our guests have the best experience during their stay with us!! We were thrilled to hear that Demetri made your stay very enjoyable which in turn has resulted in your plans to continue returning to be our guests. We are looking forward to being your host anytime you find yourself in the Houston Hobby area!! Sincerely, Antonia W., Guest Relations Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport? Share your experiences!