“Great Location but It stinks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Houston Near The Galleria

You added Holiday Inn Houston Near The Galleria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Houston Near The Galleria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7787 Katy Freeway, I-10 West at 610 Loop, Houston, TX 77024   |
Ranked #255 of 457 Hotels in Houston
México
“Great Location but It stinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

The location is great, only a few blocks away from the Galleria mall.
It has everything a regular holiday inn does, but in this case the room smelled like public restroom, one of the towels had attached a long hair (disgusting) and the staff during the night was not very helpful.
You can stay in a better hotel for about the same price.
I recommend not to make your reservation through orbitz.com, when I got there I had to pay $20 extra, because of some kind of room fee orbitz didn't pay for.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Milton Keynes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

Just the usual sort of Holiday Inn. My room was clean and spacious. There was no info in the room about the hotel or local services. The room facing front can be a bit noisy with the traffic.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Rooms are clean, the staff is very helpful. They often have groups staying that would normally scare me off but they seem to keep them in another area. The restaurant has great food and the bar is subdued not wild like some. Many great places to eat in the immediate area as well.

Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Pelham, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Great Staff and Accommodations. Room was very clean.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

I stay in the houston area anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks every month. Its a great place with lots to do. I have stayed in weekly "suites" and in the best of the best. This hotel is by far the worst I've stayed at. I got a fair rate of $71 per night form hotwire, figured must be ok. Upon check in I was given the basics (keys, directions to room, parking information etc.) Thats where the journey begins!! I got to my room after walking over the plastic covered (drop cloth) floor outside the lobby. Not too sure if the roof is leaking but I never saw any work being done in that area. I was worried the elevator was not going to make it and Im only on the second floor!!! I opened the door to my room and could smell nothing but exhaust from the kitchen below, kind of a burnt pizza smell. I figured ok only a few nights, I can just handle it... ahh the elevator shaft is on a joining wall. Vibrations on the floor and extremely loud humming noise every 2 minutes. I went down to the front desk and asked for a new room and was told nothing was available at the moment but once something opens up they would call. No call was made so I went down to the front desk about 5 hours later and asked again. The hotel was now 98% full. Fine I will just live with it. The greatest thing about the whole stay was when I came in to the hotel and out in front of my room was a kid (10-12 yrs old) sleeping in the hall in front of my door!!! I will never stay here again, so be careful pictures can be deceiving!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I stayed at this hotel on my first trip to Texas. The location was great, just minutes from the Galleria Mall. Being a first time visitor to Texas the front desk staff was very helpful in recommending places to eat and sites to visit. Although I was a bit apprehensive when I saw so many warnings about cars being broken into, the hotel was clean, food was very good and the over all stay was great. I will be returning to Houston in April and have already made my reservations to return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

My entire stay here went very well. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, and staff is helpful. The fact that the parking and the internet are free are both nice as well.

My only negative feedback would be that the internet is a bit slow, i.e., sometimes it takes multiple tries to load pages. Also, although the hotel does sell some convenience food/beverage items, the selection is very limited and overpriced, so plan on going elsewhere for those sorts of things.

• Liked — The comfortable beds & helpful staff.
  • Disliked — The slow internet and slow copier.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Houston Near The Galleria? Share your experiences!