“Good Location for Medical Guest” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #224 of 457 Hotels in Houston
New Braunfels, Texas
“Good Location for Medical Guest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Customer Service really stinks. I encountered more problems with my room and the staff hear then I have ever anywhere. I spoke with the AGM and she just blew me off as if I had a problem. My keys never did work so ever time I came in I had an issue. The hotwater took forever to get hot. I needed the the shuttle to pick me up and it took 30 mins to pick me up 3 mins from the hotel. I spoke with the AGM again about her staff and she made up more excuses and proceeded to tell me about her troubles in her life as if I cared. I must say the security guards took very good care of any of our needs bless them both. The breakfast was great and the location was wonderful with me being a medical patient but I really wish someone would teach this hotel customer service and organization.

Room Tip: get the city view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mark S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the problems encountered with our service level. Our main goal is to make sure our guests receive the quality service they expect when staying at a Holiday Inn and it is evident that we did not meet the expectation. We are addressing the issues with our management team and reviewing standards with the staff. It is good to hear that you were pleased with our location, security team as well as breakfast. We would like the opportunity to have you stay with us again so you can experience our true standards. Again, we appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Branson, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I am a patient at MD Anderson so I expected accommodations suitable to someone who is sick as well as tourists, especially since they advertise as being close to the medical area. We were so disappointed that we left and spent the last 2 days of our stay elsewhere. There was no continental breakfast which is very common these days and are present at all the other hotels close to MDA. The room was very small with barely enough walking space from the end of the bed to the wall of the room. The bathroom was less than clean as noted by hair in the bath tub and mold on the tile. The grab bar was in a less than suitable place in the tub. Had I slipped it wouldn't have been very helpful to grab on to. We have since returned to Houston but stayed at the Mariott Court which I DO recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We apologize that you did not have a positive experience during your stay. Your valuable feedback is vital to our continued success and allows us to immediately address those areas. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will revisit us in the future to see the efforts we have made to improve our standards.
Camden, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great hotel with a perfect location. I could get to M D Anderson in just a few minutes. Close to a lot of restaurants. Starbucks is just a few blocks away. Comfortable beds. Quite atmosphere. Oh man, the view of Reliant Stadium from my 10th floor room was spectacular. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your endorsement and agree that our hotel is a great location to the Texas Medical Center as well as Reliant Stadium. Our complimentary shuttle service within a (3) three miles radius is definitely a convenience for our valued guest. Again, we thank you choosing to stay with us and look forward to your next visit to Houston.
Schulenburg, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed one night when we went to the rodeo. Hotel is nice but our room had a strange odor that would not go away after A/C was turned on. Beds/linens were super comfy, bathroom was very nice for two ladies to share. The toilet and shower were in a separate room and the vanity was outside which was a perfect layout for us. Shuttle to rodeo was great, but there was not shuttle for after the rodeo, we had to walk from Reliant which is not a bad walk at all, was just a little disappointed since we were promised a rodeo shuttle right out the back gate of the hotel.

Room Tip: we loved our room but did not like the odor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear MommaDK,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that you find our beds comfortable and our bathroom exceeded your expectations. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are pleased to know that you experienced as such. On the other hand, please accept our apology for the inconvenience the smell in your room may have caused. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to this identified weakness and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My rating is based on price vs. quality and this was well worth the cost.

We stayed 5 nights while visiting relatives in Houston. The room we were assigned the first night was in terrible shape, wall coverings all marred up, the furniture beat up, etc. We asked to switch to a room with a king bed, rather than the 2 doubles, and the world became brighter, cleaner and even smelled better.

We booked through Hotwire, one of those hidden, until you pay deals, and I have no regrets.

Room Tip: As far from the center, i.e. elevators as possible. We were at the end of a hallway, next to the st...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize with the experience with the first room but glad to know you were satisfied with the king room. Feedback from our valued guests allows us to target areas for improvement. We thank you for staying with us and hope you have a chance to revisit us.
Hamilton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This Holiday Inn is an oldie but goodie. It's right next to the Houston Reliant Stadium, Convention Center and Astrodome- In fact they have their own gate into the properties. Also, if you are in Houston because of the massive medical complex just blocks away from the hotel, this is an ideal place. Hourly free shuttles take cancer patients to and from the MD Anderson Cancer Center (rated #1 in the world!), heart patients to/from the St. Luke's Heart Hospital, Texas Children's Hospital, Methodist Medical Complex, Texas Women's Medical Center - there is a bunch of them- all within 5 minutes of the hotel. It is on the south side of Houston, just off the 610 beltway around the town, so very simple and easy to get to regardless of traffic.Several other good restaurants within a block-easy walk. Hotel staff very friendly, nice pub and good restaurant-but service can be a bit slow. Rooms have recently been remodeled. Was dog friendly, but now they charge $75 a stay- sign of the times, still a good place to come with an animal. Fill's the needs and is quiet, with good free parking.

Room Tip: If you are a Priority Club member, ask for the 11th floor- very nice indeed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mark S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. You are correct, we are only a few minutes from the Texas Medical Center and our complimentary shuttle is definitely an advantage for our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you recognizing our friendly staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Clean and GREAT LOCATION for the rodeo or football! I cannot say ANYTHING negative about this place....LOVED IT!! I love when a hotel will just let me take a cart and get my own stuff and take it to my room at my leisure and bring the cart back OR...there is a guy at the door that it appears he would have done it for me....but I would rather do it myself. Everyone I came in contact with at the hotel was very nice! I will be back!!

Room Tip: Tell them you DO NOT want to be next to the work-out room!! VERY IMPORTANT!! I heard noise and ser...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Absolutely our hotel is a great location and provides easy access to Reliant Stadium through our private access gate. It is good to hear that you “loved” your stay and we met your expectation. Our staff strives to ensure that our valued guests have a great experience and we look forward to servicing you on your next visit to Houston.

Been to Holiday Inn Houston - NRG/Medical Center Area? Share your experiences!