“Nice decor” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #135 of 457 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Thiensville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The front desk gave a key to my room to two other guests - and they keyed into my room while I was in there getting ready for dinner. The hotel offered no apologies or explanation. They just changed the lock on my door - without ever talking to me. When I next left my room, I couldn't get back in. When I went to get new keys, the folks at the front desk just didn't want to talk about it. Mistakes happen but this one was handled poorly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

AlfredoM543, General Manager at Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback… it is through comments like yours that we become better... I would also like to apologize for the misunderstanding with the room keys; there is no excuse for a mistake like that and I assure you that we have addressed this issue in order to avoid it from happening again. We “dropped the ball” and for that we apologize.
Thiensville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Argued that I had cancelled my reservation when I had not, then after much stress honored my reservation. The breakfast is awful dont bother, rooms are nice, but a big trip to downtown with $20 taxis rides anywhere short

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for staying at our Hotel and for taking the time to send your review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay regarding the breakfast, this has been addressed with the staff for immediate attention. Thank you again for the feedback.
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This might become a great hotel eventually but right now this place is torn up. I had a beautiful room on a floor that was untouched but the bedsheets must have somehow touched a floor that was being torn up. Especially one bed out of the 2 had very dusty and smelly sheets which set off my allergies. The towels in the bathroom showed large spots and I again think that they were left somewhere in a construction area. I paid almost $200 per night and the room certainly was not worth the expense.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AlfredoM543, General Manager at Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us your feedback… I wanted to let you know that we have completed all the restorations to the lobby and public areas. The last 2 floors will be completed by mid-December.

Been to Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites

Address: 6800 S Main St., Houston, TX 77030
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston > Medical Center , University Place
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#72 Family Hotel in Houston
#105 Business Hotel in Houston
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites 3.5*
Experience the convenience of our Houston hotel near the Texas Medical Center, Reliant Center, George R. Brown Convention Center and Houston Zoo. The Wyndham Houston Medical Center is a full service hotel with friendly services and thoughtful lifestyle amenities for you to visit, work, play, and unwind. Relax in one of our newly renovated rooms or spacious suites with everything you need to feel right at home. Our accommodations offer plush beds, free Wi-Fi, work desk and complimentary morning newspaper. Spread out in our suites with separated living areas, kitchenettes or full sized kitchens. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Houston
Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Houston Medical Center
Holiday Inn Houston

If you own or manage Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.