Stayed here for two weeks for a course we were taking at Texas Children's Hospital. Location was close to hospitals and offered a shuttle during the week to the hospitals. We usually walked because even though they let us schedule a shuttle, we ended up on the same shuttle as everyone else showing up, making us late for the course one day. We were also late for the course one day when the elevators did not come to our floor. We took the stairs, but they did not take you to the ground floor, only the first floor. We later discovered that there was another set of stairs on the opposite end of this floor beside the pool. Our floor smelled strongly of sewage during the entire two week stay. Room did not, but smelled very musty. So much that all of our clothes smelled gross every day when we left the room. Housekeeping left us 2-3 towels daily for 4 people. We stayed in a 'queen deluxe' suite, which despite the name, does not have queen beds. We were informed after check-in that they only had king and double suites named 'queen deluxe'. Although we did have a full kitchen (which was nice), the dishes provided were sad. There was no skillet, only a couple cheap cheap pans. There were about 3 of each utensil and dish (bowls, plates, etc.). We were also not provided with dish washing soap, only dishwasher detergent. Our shower curtain had mold on it and there were hair balls in the bathroom floor from previous occupants.
Shuttle service sounded like a great option, until we tried it. They run a schedule to several grocery stores (Target, Kroger, and Fiesta). We went to Target and were told they could not pick us back up until 2 hours later. After occupying ourselves for 2 hours, we went outside to wait on the shuttle. We waited for 1 1/2 hours with frozen food, ice cream, etc. When we called the front desk, we were told that the shuttle was caught in traffic from the rodeo. The rodeo caused several problems, as we were told that we could go anywhere within a 3 mile radius. When we requested specific places, we were told that they were not going to that side of town because of the rodeo. After getting on the shuttle and saying we wanted bbq, the driver took us to a bbq place RIGHT beside the parking lot for the rodeo. We missed a scheduled shuttle to the galleria (our fault) so we took a cab. When we arrived at the pickup for the shuttle later (on time), we were told we went to the wrong Macy's. I was on the phone with the lady at the front desk who was also on the phone with the shuttle driver. They were well aware that we were attempting to catch the shuttle, but refused to wait on us. I was told, "He just left and that is the last shuttle for the day." She was very rude and not helpful at all. After calling and waiting on hold for 30 minutes for a manager, they offered to pay for a cab back to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the convenience of our Houston hotel near the Texas Medical Center, Reliant Center, George R. Brown Convention Center and Houston Zoo. The Wyndham Houston Medical Center is a full service hotel with friendly services and thoughtful lifestyle amenities for you to visit, work, play, and unwind. Relax in one of our newly renovated rooms or spacious suites with everything you need to feel right at home. Our accommodations offer plush beds, free Wi-Fi, work desk and complimentary morning newspaper. Spread out in our suites with separated living areas, kitchenettes or full sized kitchens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Houston Medical Center
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Houston Medical Houston
- Holiday Inn Houston