Stayed at the hotel this past weekend, in one of the two room queen suites. Truly two room, with a door in between. It was my daughter's 18th birthday, so it was me and four teenaged girls staying in the suite, for a shopping weekend at the Galleria. Upon arrival we were given warm chocolate chip cookies, which the girls loved. Parking at this hotel costs $11 for self parking, $20 for valet. Since we had a lot of stuff, I sprung for valet & was very pleased with the prompt service, even though the hotel was crowded. The parking garage for self service is across the large paved area of the entry, so not terribly far away. Our room was ready for us one hour prior to check-in, and the bellboy who took our things to our room was extremely helpful. Our room was wonderful. Spacious, super clean. The queen beds were very comfortable. We asked for extra towel sets and pillows, and they arrived quickly. The kitchen is truly full-sized. Plenty of space to store our dry goods, and the fridge was side by side with an icemaker. We were fortunate enough to have a balcony which overlooked the pool/hot tub area that is located on the first story roof (accessed thru the 2nd story of the hotel-there is also a laundry room on that floor open 24 hrs). The pool is not heated, but the girls enjoyed the hot tub. Lovely area. The blackout curtains were effective, and the a/c unit quiet and working superbly. Lots of lamps for different lighting options, sofa, coffee table, end table, easy chair, lg desk w/chair, round dining table w/two chairs, flat-screened tv's (the one in the living area sits on a storage unit, so more space to stow your stuff).Our bathroom was a nice size and located down a little hall for privacy, but did not have the long vanity pictured on the hotel website. Our room was accessible, though, so that may have had something to do with it. There was a long hanging bar and shelf unit right outside the bathroom, so we used that to stow our toiletries. The in-room safe is also located in this area. The tub/shower was large with a curved rod and a handheld showerhead, which you must request. Water pressure very good and temperature responsive. Neutrogena bath products.The coffee maker worked well and the Wolfgang Puck coffee is delicious. Walls are well insulated-never heard guests in the other rooms, and we were on the ninth floor of this 25+ story hotel.The only complaint I have about our room is in regard to the sofa sleeper. It was horrendously uncomfortable. I ended up taking some extra pillows, lining them down the bed, and sleeping on top of those as though they were a twin sized mattress. Next time I'll ask for a rollaway bed. There is plenty of room for one in the living area. If visiting the Galleria, and you should, turn left out of the driveway and go the back way so as to avoid Westheimer. Much easier to return to the hotel this way, also. Check-out is done by calling the front desk; I requested a bellboy at that time, and one promptly arrived, even though we checked out very close to time. I had also called for our car at the same time, and it was waiting for us. I would say this is a very well-staffed hotel. We will definately stay there again!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Houston By The Galleria Hotel
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Doubletree Hotel Houston
- Doubletree Houston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Houston by the Galleria welcomes you to Houston, Texas. Our luxurious hotel offers travelers an unmatched experience with premier comfort and service. We are located in the heart of the elegant Uptown/Galleria area, famous for world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are steps from the landmark Galleria Mall, featuring over 350 upscale shopping and dining outlets for your pleasure. Guests at our Houston hotel enjoy spacious, residential-style recently renovated suites, a sparkling swimming pool for fun and relaxation, and a convenient location near many of Houston's most exciting attractions. Business travelers will also enjoy a quick commute to the Central Business District, Hobby Airport, and George Bush Intercontinental Airport, all of which are just minutes away. In addition to a fantastic location and legendary DoubleTree service, our Houston hotel features thoughtfully designed, spacious Suites and Deluxe Rooms and a wide variety of available hotel services. Relax with all the comforts of home, and enjoy must-have amenities like a full kitchen, dining area, sitting area, and wireless high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.