“Very Nice Suite; Nightmare Parking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5353 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77056-5474   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Celebration Package
Ranked #157 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Los Angeles, California
“Very Nice Suite; Nightmare Parking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The good news is that the suites are well arranged and have lots of room, and there seems to be adequate soundproofing (we did have a minor issue one night with the amplified sound from across the street coming through the bedroom window at 2 AM). The bad news is that you can't get to your room if you have the misfortune to return to the hotel in the evening when they have a lot of events using the ballrooms. First, we could not even get to the parking structure because we got stuck behind all the parked cars waiting for valets which had completely filled the portico you need to drive through to get to the structure entrance. Then we were told there was no parking available in the structure anyways since it was all being used for valet parking, so we had to wait for the valets to clear enough cars so that we could exit through the driveway which crosses a driveway the valets use to get to the structure, another nightmare, and drive down the street to the employee lot. Once in, we stopped to complain to an individual who had a badge designating him as the "Sales Manager" who seemed to think we were nuts because he hadn't noticed any problem and "we have 4 valets." So if you're not actually staying there in connection with a specific event at the hotel, plan your timing carefully.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kele A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Good evening Sir,

My sincere apologies for the issue you encountered this past week with our parking as it related especially with unavailability of spots. I have shared this with our valet team and parking attendants. There is no reason we couldn't have parked your car in a timely manner, close to the hotel entrance. I am sorry about this.

Please let me know when you are returning to Houston. I would like to make it up to you.

My direct number at the hotel is: (713) 585-2706

Very sincere regards,

Kele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Turkish first
Grand Prairie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

It was an excellent room especially for the price. I loved having a kitchen in the room. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Originally my room was wrong but the staff quickly corrected the issue.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Good evening,

I am glad we were able to rectify the room assignment issue quickly. Please come back and see us soon.

All the best,
Arlington, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We stay here several nights a year. We were excited when they renovated all their rooms and we requested to be pales in one of the newly renovated rooms for this stay. We were disappointed because I am not sure what was renovated? The same gross coffee table that has a glass top so you can see the rim of the table that is full of hair and rust - really gross! New couch but unbelievably uncomfortable - must have looked long and hard to fin this one. Chair had some sort of white stain on the cushion???? Beautiful mirrors with hand prints all over them! Does housekeeping even care???? Sliding glass door to balcony probably has never been cleaned! All of this tells me there is a definite problem with management - they don't care enough to check the rooms - so very sad...

• Stayed August 2013
Good evening,

Thank you for your detailed comments regarding your stay with us last week.

I apologize for the cleanliness issue you encountered, and have shared your valuable feedback with the housekeeping team, to ensure this issue never repeats itself.

I am sorry you had a bad stay, and would like to speak to you about this. At your leisure, please call me on (713) 585-2706

Again, I am sorry this happened, and want to make it right.

All the best,

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Travel frequently and stayed at many Hilton's in Houston. This is by far the best based on room size, food quality, and friendliness of staff. Large rooms, reasonable price, quality breakfast with interesting options for foreign diets. Very nice staff and rooms are always clean. Updated modern look with clean new amenities.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kele A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Good morning,

What a wonderful review.

It is always great to know we created an experience for a guest. Please come back soon and thank you for giving us the opportunity.

All the best.

Kele Agi
Frisco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

With my work I travel weekly and often Internationally, so I base my review on similar properties I have stayed at. The Hotel is well situated near the Galleria and close to many good restuarants, everything is in walking distance. The rooms are large and have everything needed for longer stays, or on the occasion I bring my Kids, they offer plenty of room. The service from the front desk is very good and they are very responsive to my needs. WIth all that, I still find that the renovations have caused some of the amenities to be closed or less attractive, i.e. the gym and pool. The best thing the hotel has going for it though, is the Manager Kele! More than once he has gone above and beyond for me. I would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great comments regarding your most recent stay at the hotel. I have share your comments with all concerned, and look forward to your return visit. It is always a pleasure to have you and your family here.

Have a delightful evening.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in August and had a good stay - great location for galleries and fortunately my company had a corporate deal and we got some really good prices and benefits which made it a good hotel value for me - anything higher would have been overpriced for what you get

Good points
- great location for galeria and shopping
- close to restaurants
- nice long pool great for swimming
- nice friendly staff

Bad points
- really small room with no view other that some other apartment blocks
- adjoining door to the room next door meant I heard all my neighbours conversation and late night telephone calls
- they charge you extra for the car park so beware - 17 USD a night
- breakfast was ok - nothing special

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kele A, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay. Thank you for staying with us.

The majority of our rooms here at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Houston by the Galleria are 2 room suites. Please let me know when you plan to return, so that I may have you enjoy of of our many luxurious suites.

Have a delightful weekend.

Director of Rooms
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Great staff. The rooms are spacious and the bartender is the best! I would recommend this to anyone doing business in Houston. I am a frequent guest and they always make me feel at home. Great dining is any direction. There is no need to drive when access is the convenient!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
kele a, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We look forward to having you back at the hotel.

Thank you.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria? Share your experiences!