I brought my mom here to stay on a Living Social coupon deal to go shopping at Galleria, which is right next door, so it's a very convenient location. The check-in and valet parking staff were very friendly. The double queen suite room was very nice and spacious. NOTE: the walls between rooms seem to be very thin, we could hear every word of the conversation of the people in room next to us, and had to turn the TV up very loud to drown them out. There were a few service details however that the hotel could improve upon, listed below. Overall however, I would recommend this hotel.
Service/Room Issues during our stay:
- I found hair both on the bathroom towels and on my napkin at breakfast the next morning, and it wasn't mine - yuck. Housekeeping needs to do a better inspection and make sure no lingering hair on towels/linens.
- We requested an ice bucket be brought to our room, had to ask twice, and it never was delivered even though we were told both times it was on the way.
- I asked for hot tea at breakfast and the waiter brought me a cup with bright red lipstick on it. I pointed it out and he apologized, said he would bring me another one, but never did (had to ask another wait person). Then, incredibly, the man seated behind us asked for a cup and that same waiter gave him the SAME MUG with the lipstick on it, which the other man also saw and pointed out. Yuck.
- The throw pillows on the couch in our room suite had stains on them - time to replace them, not very attractive.
- There were no extra covers or blankets in room and they only put a sheet and a thin coverlet on the beds.
- There was a huge stack of empty cardboard boxes stacked in the hall right outside our room, which stayed there the whole time during our visit, just looked a bit junky.
- The cookies they present to you upon check-in are a nice touch, but they have NUTS in them. I asked if they had any without nuts and they said no. What about people with allergies or just who do not like nuts in their baked goods? Minor point but I would have liked to have tasted the famous Doubletree cookie and couldn't. :(
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Houston By The Galleria Hotel
- Doubletree Suites By Hilton Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Doubletree Hotel Houston
- Doubletree Houston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Houston by the Galleria welcomes you to Houston, Texas. Our luxurious hotel offers travelers an unmatched experience with premier comfort and service. We are located in the heart of the elegant Uptown/Galleria area, famous for world-class shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are steps from the landmark Galleria Mall, featuring over 350 upscale shopping and dining outlets for your pleasure. Guests at our Houston hotel enjoy spacious, residential-style recently renovated suites, a sparkling swimming pool for fun and relaxation, and a convenient location near many of Houston's most exciting attractions. Business travelers will also enjoy a quick commute to the Central Business District, Hobby Airport, and George Bush Intercontinental Airport, all of which are just minutes away. In addition to a fantastic location and legendary DoubleTree service, our Houston hotel features thoughtfully designed, spacious Suites and Deluxe Rooms and a wide variety of available hotel services. Relax with all the comforts of home, and enjoy must-have amenities like a full kitchen, dining area, sitting area, and wireless high-speed Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal , Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Houston by the Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.