“Near the George Brown Convention Ctr. Centric to restaurant and shopping during the work week.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Houston

Third Night Free
Ranked #18 of 451 hotels in Houston
Fort Wayne, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and room were clean, and comfortable. The service, from front desk to room service, was efficient and friendly. The furniture at the lobby is a little dated and not so comfortable. The boarding pass kiosk is only 1 computer. A guest was using it and taking her sweet time while I was in kind of a hurry, so, a front desk staff offered to help print my boarding pass. During the work week, this is a good spot to be, but when the weekend starts, the nearby shops are closed. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012

624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Oakhurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Look no further if you want impeccable service, a great location and everything at your fingertips. The hotel is quiet and immaculate. Any service that I requested was greeted with sincere willingness and attentiveness that went above and beyond my satisfaction. I truly felt like royalty. When I come to Houston I will always stay at Four Seasons. The rooms are beautiful, spacious and clean. The fitness facility was clean and someone was there passing out water while I was working out. Room service is wonderful. I love the bedding. I did not want to leave. I'm looking forward to staying at Four Seasons with my family in January as I will be running the Chevron Houston Marathon. Truly, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Four Season's is the BEST and one need not look any further.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Was in town during the Society of Women Engineers - the Four Seasons hotel is beautiful, convenient, and surprisingly quiet. Hotel staff friendly and accomodating. I was in room #1001 - at the end of the hall and I never heard a peep of hall noise. AC worked great (it was unusually warm and humid in Houston). Room was provided with coffee maker, coffee, bottled water, and even 1/2 and 1/2 so you could have a decent cup of coffee in the room. Bathroom spacious and well-provided. Common spaces were spacious and relatively un-chaotic. We had a recption in their restuarant Quatro and it was well done. I had a relaxing breakfast in the same restuarant next morning. Our meeting room was also comfortable and well appointed. This part of Houston is typical modern downtown - hotels, convention center, offices, etc. An advantage was the large upscale grocery store across the street - a great alternative for fresh food when you get tired of hotel and meeting fare. The one downside is that the grocery store doesn't open until 9 AM on weekends. Runners have convenient access to Buffalo bayou park. All in all, a good experience.

Room Tip: Although my room 1001 was very quiet - there was periodic loud street noise. Although I was there on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently traveled to Houston for business and stayed, along with a number of my colleagues, at the Four Seasons. The service we all received was standout as was the room. I was especially impressed with the personalized touches in my room and bathroom (e.g., eye makeup remover and an offer of a free glass of wine in the hotel bar). The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very spacious. Certainly up to Four Seasons' standards!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are extremely spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel staff are great and very friendly. Our room was spacious however there wasn't much of a view. Our only disappointment was that we had to request to have a coffe machine put in our room. It appeared after asking but we were surprised at this level of hotel; it wasn't already provided.

Room Tip: Ask to see if there are any rooms with a "view"
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the Four Seasons in Hosuton this May for four nights on a business trip. I was attending a convention at the nearby George Brown Convention Center.

This was my second visit to Houston, and by and large I can see a huge difference. The area around the Convention Center has been cleaned up (and that includes the hotel location). They've planted a park with trees, flowers, a pond and even a tea house. So Houston is definitely moving beyond its image of being a city of heat, dust and ugly concrete. The walk from the hotel to the Convention Center is short, and crosses part of the new park, so overall it feels like being in the same complex. This is a great plus and Houston is a city that is very spread out and where you can easily lose a lot of time travelling, even to places that are supposedly close by.

The hotel is also well located for other attractions in Downtown Houston. The main shopping street is just some blocks away (but honestly speaking not all that interesting, so I wouldn't go there). There are a number of neat bars some of the back streets around the hotel so those are well worth popping into. Also around the corner is the Houston Pavillions, a collection of themed restaurants and music bars all in one building. So you'll have no trouble spending your free time when you're here. I also recommend taking a walk around some of the older parts of Houston which are roughly North and West of the hotel. Personally I was impressed by the different architectural and historical styles. Most recommendable is the Gulf Building (also called Morgan Chase Building) which is an architectural landmark (you can go on a tour). They also seem to be cleaning other parts of Houston up as there is quite a lot of building and renovation going on and much of the ugliness there used to be is gone. One down side, and this has definitely increased since last time I was in Houston, is the number of homeless people and beggars roaming the streets, carrying their belongings in big bags. You see them all day but they seems to get more at night. They aren't dangerous or aggressive but it's still a sorry and uncomfortable sight.

Another thing I can recommend is taking a ride on the Metro. Despite what it's name suggests this is not a traditional metro with tunnels but a streetcar that runs through the streets of Houston and is an interesting way to see different parts of the city, passing several major parks, green areas, universities and other points of interest, and is also a great venue for people watching.

The hotel is quite easy to find. The architecture is a bit nondescript, but difficult to miss nonetheless. The doors were opened for me by a doorman and the receptionist helped me immediately. Besides the hotels and bars I mentioned previously, the hotel has several bars/restaurants of its own. I later tried the one downstairs. Although it was very late at the time (I guess it must have been the early hours of the morning), I was surprised they could still get me something to eat. The choice of drinks was also surprisingly good for a hotel bar and the barman very professional and knowledgeable about it. It was a bit lacking in atmosphere though as most other people there were serious business types and they went to bed quite early.

The hotel has a gym and even an outdoor pool but I only had a quick look at those as I didn't have time for more. Especially the pool did look very inviting, so if I ever come back I'll try and spend some time there. My room was higher up. The view from the window was idionymous with what much of Houston is about. In the foreground a massive expanse of derelict land, temporarily used for car parking, further away some buildings that looked as if they were soon to be torn down. I later discovered there are many more places like these. This is the surreal contrast that typifies Houston: Fancy hotels and many modern skyscrapers that are the HQs of multinationals, and right next door derelict plots and ruined buildings. It makes me wonder how the economics of all that works, and why the people who own what must be very expensive land don't do anything with it.

The room itself was good but nothing extraordinary. The bed was comfortable though and everything was clean. I didn't check out the minibar, but the ice cubes were filled up every day. Despite being in the middle of Houston, the room was very quiet and I think i slept very well. The bathroom was very tastefully designed, with lots of patterned tiles emanating a warm feeling, making you want to spend a lot of time there.

I think the rooms have free WiFi, but I didn't get around to testing that.

All in all, the hotel was very well run. The staff were good, the hotel was extremely clean and I can find no fault with any part of it. The interior decoration is on the whole tasteful and makes you feel at ease. The location is also good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
DBurghartz, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Houston, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

I wish to personally thank you for taking the time to share such detailed and informative observations regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Houston. Your overview of our property and the surroundings gave us an enlightened perspective of what our guests experience, and it was most helpful. It was gratifying to note that you found many positive improvements in our city; however, there are clearly areas that need further progressive development. Most important, it was very rewarding to learn that overall you found our hotel well run, pleasingly decorated, and found our staff accommodating and supportive. We feel very fortunate to have a dedicated and caring team here, and your kind remarks were shared with them. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Houston in the future.

Warm regards,
Dirk Burghartz
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was going to a concert in the near by Toyota center and it made sense to stay there instead of having to find parking late at night. When you first walked into the lobby you will be hit with air that has been injected with some delightful scent. The room was clean and the staff was fairly helpful. I had an unfortunate run in with the waiter at the restaurant but the manager was open to constructive advice. Overall not a bad place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Houston? Share your experiences!