“Old Smell” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Houston Post Oak

You added Hilton Houston Post Oak to your Saves list
Hilton Houston Post Oak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056-4401 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Executive Sale
Ranked #153 of 455 Hotels in Houston
Houston, United States
“Old Smell”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Rooms were clean but had an old smell to them. Guest smoked next to my room making the stay horrible. When I checked in, they had some contractors painting behind the check-in counter making the smell of fumes very bad.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that during your stay you encountered an undesirable smell. We always do what we can to keep our guests happy and I apologize to hear that your comfort was interrupted. We do thank you for your feedback as it will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll stay with us again the next time you're in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Only had 1 night here but found check-in, my room, the restaurant and the bar all good. The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable so no complaints there. I didn't get a chance to look around the local area as it was a quick trip but it looked close to the main down-town area.

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I just checked in tonight at this hotel and was given the most lousy service I have ever received at any of the Hilton brands that I stayed at. I was denied all of my Gold benefits since I booked through a travel agent. I traveled and stayed at many Hilton Hotel brands including the Conrad and booked through a travel agent and directly at Hilton's web site around the world and I have received the same benefits at the other hotels. At this hotel, I even had to asked for free Internet and free breakfast as a Hilton Honors Gold member. Michael Stephens, Assistant Front Office Manager and his staff are the worst Hilton Associates that I have met at any Hilton brand Hotel that I have stay at. They are rude and there was no greeting as to welcome their guests as they checked in as an example. I felt insulted as a very loyal guest.

I even called the Hilton HHonors Customer Service to report this lousy service and I was even asked what country I was from and where I was calling from. I can't believe that I was asked that question as I was calling from Houston, Texas United States. I now believe that both the service at the hotel and in their call centers are the worst that I have received.

I am disappointed and furious with the service that I have received at this hotel. The Doubletree in New York and the Hilton Garden Inn at the Houston Westbelt that I have stayed at many times has better service than this hotel that I am staying tonight. I plan on giving my business in the future to Hyatt as I am a Platinum member in their loyalty program there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with the service from our staff. After reading your comments, we will certainly take your thoughts into consideration in an effort to make improvements. Thank you again and we hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Next trip I'll try another. Not only did I not get the room type I booked but I got basically "too bad" attitude when I questioned it. Desk agent clearly could give a spit at check in. I guess they do good enough business with groups they don't need us singles. The bar was nice and burger was good so they get some redemption.
Having a room at the exterior facing the pool made me feel like I was at a cheap hotel in Florida. You can't open the drapes when people cruise by so I don't know why they these kind of rooms at a full service Hilton.
I think it's time to do some renovation. Many of the finishes in the corridors and showers look worn or outdated.
If I had family with me for the pool and not a nit-picky traveler it may have been okay but I'm pretty sure they knew I was a single male showing up late based on how I booked.
Good luck with group billing but single traveler beware.

Room Tip: The service is how I believe the hotel treats you, not how the bartender treats you. If you are a Ha...
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I'm staying only one night and already writing the review as too many things have added up ..... Checked in with colleges after 12 plus hrs of travel and my room isn't ready. I have to wait for a room to be cleaned... not great when your exhausted. Everyone else's was ready which was confusing. Then I asked about the business centre I was told they are refurbishing and it is not accessible . If your coming for business while the refurb is going on.... Forget it.
Ordered wine that was advertised in the room service menu. Not only do they not have it but the one they can offer is $12 more! No chance of compromise . You take it or leave it. Disappointing. If you don't have the wine either sell another at the same price or change the menu!!! Don't jack the price up and force someone's hand.
I've stayed at the raddison down the street on a previous trip and the service was on the whole much better. And closer to the galleria.
The rooms and bathrooms are in need up an update... Hence the refurb I am guessing.
I won't be back to this hilton on future business trips. The staff on the whole were very nice.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This Hilton is right across the street from my companies main office so when traveling to Houston this is the best choice.

Rooms are very clean and always comfortable. My only complaint with the rooms here are I think the lighting could be better. The rooms are large which is great, but it just seems to be lacking good lighting. There is a light in the hall leading into the room, but I think a wall light by the mirror on the wall or the TV would be a welcome addition.

Really enjoy the fact that all rooms here have balconies. I wish they would at least put a chair or two on them. I know they are not large, but I think there would be enough space for a chair or two.

The staff here is always friendly and are always helpful. This is especially true of the restaurant and bar staff.

My only complaint is during my last stay there seemed to be a problem with the fire alarms. Don't think there was a fire, but it went off several times one evening. I know things like this happen but it really made for a long night.

There are also many places to eat and shop nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Hotel is very handy to the Galleria. Bed was comfortable and bathroom arrangement is great with the tub and toilet in a separate room and the sink and closet in a room with a pocket door. The shuttle service was a very long wait (40 min!) so I think they forgot me. Should've taken a taxi. The Galleria is in walking distance but it was raining.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Houston Post Oak? Share your experiences!