“Stayed here for business for 2 weeks” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Houston Post Oak

You added Hilton Houston Post Oak to your Saves list
Hilton Houston Post Oak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056-4401 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
AAA Executive Sale
Ranked #150 of 456 Hotels in Houston
Sydney, Australia
“Stayed here for business for 2 weeks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Reasonable location within the vicinity of Mall, Restaurants etc. Still need car for most part. However I think it was a bit expensive when grossed up for the 2 weeks. The carpets in the Lobby need good cleaning or replacement. The breakfast buffet is very limited.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Arabic first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton on Post Oak for the first time recently. It's not bad, although not real special. It's undergoing remodeling and you can tell. The room was nice, bed was firm and there was an assortment of pillow types (all good). The bath had some leftovers from the prior guest that the cleaning service apparently missed (which is a turn-off), but I realize nobody's perfect. The breakfast buffet wasn't bad - not super, a cook making omlets and they had fruit and turkey sausage in addition to "bacon". Overall, there are other places not to far away that are nicer, but this one isn't bad. I just had the idea that it would be nicer and was a bit dissappointed. And please - don't think this is a LaQuinta or something (much nicer than that), but considering location and such, I was expecting more...

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pensacola, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very nice and convenient location. Clean and comfortable room and reasonable price. Only issue was no gift shop in lobby. Nice location for local shopping and restaurants. Pool area very nice and quiet. Hotel personnel all very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I spent two nights at the Hilton Post Oak. My room was on the 14th floor, which is the executive lounge floor. The room's furnishings were in good condition and the view of the Williams Tower was about as good as it probably gets for this location. The carpet was worn and showed signs that some significant stains had been steam cleaned as best as possible. The air conditioning was very loud. I didn't mind since it was just white noise to me, but some people might find it bothersome. Also, my room had a door to the rooms on either side of it. So, of course, conversations in the other rooms were easily heard. The lounge was a good size with a great view but pretty standard otherwise. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The pool area was better than most for a Hilton catering mostly to business travelers and hosting events. It has a bar (which wasn't open when I was there, but I assume does open) and an open grass area in addition to the pool. Next to the pool is the fitness center, which has two rooms, making it larger than most hotel fitness centers I've used. Otherwise, the equipment was pretty standard. Parking in the garage wasn't cheap, but it was convenient. And it appears the hotel reserves the garage parking for hotel guests when it hosts larger events.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I attended a luncheon event. The salad was room temperature and the greens were wilted (as if they prepared these plates the night before and left them out in the Houston heat). The chicken was actually UNIDENTIFIABLE and had NO color (as though it was MICROWAVED). Once my husband took a bite he shared with everyone at the table that the "mystery meat" was in fact a FORM of chicken. The wait staff did not speak ANY English and seemed perplexed when she was pouring coffee and I requested hot tea. Everyone was finished eating by the time my tea arrived BUT the reason I gave 2 stars as opposed to only 1 was that the desserts were in fact good...I'm GUESSING Hilton did not make these themselves! Years ago I worked in a Hilton restaurant in New Orleans and had our chef produced pig slop like this, he would have been fired as oppose to becoming world renowned. How sad...I suppose bad food in what was once an upscale hotel is just another sign of the times.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with your entrée, I have brought your comment to our culinary team. We actively update our offerings and customer feedback is important to us. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made. Thank you once again for your comments.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I was first given a room on the 2nd floor. When I reached that floor, I saw groups of teenage boys chatting loudly, sitting around. Upon entry to my room, the lights were not working. So, I had to go back and request a change. I was then moved to the 6th floor. That floor was extremely noisy due to guests going in and out of each others rooms, banging doors, knocking loudly ( they were a big group). Upon complaining to the reception, they sent a security person. He came, knocked briefly on the adjoining door and when no one opened, the person went back. I again called and informed the reception of this inaction. They reassured me that they would take care of this. After 30 min, someone was again banging on the adjoining door. It was now 5:15am and this had been going on ALL NIGHT!!! So, I opened the door myself and asked the person to stop. He told me that it was already MORNING!!! I again called up reception and informed me. They then came up after some time and told me that the group had now checked out and I could sleep ( at 5:45am!!!). This is by far the WORST hotel experience I have ever had! All the reception folks could offer me was a voucher for 1 free night for the same hotel, knowing very well that I was traveling and would likely not be returning to that location. They then promised me a hilton voucher that could be used anywhere, that I have not seen in my email yet!!!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again. Thank you
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Attended a luncheon and the food was fair quality, quite predictable, mediocre service and the meal was room temperature - not hot. I can appreciate the challenge of serving a large group but hot food should be a prerequisite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Houston Post Oak? Share your experiences!