“Excellent - hotel did not miss a thing!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Houston Post Oak

You added Hilton Houston Post Oak to your Saves list
Hilton Houston Post Oak
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Post Oak Blvd., Houston, TX 77056-4401 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast/Pking/WiFi
Ranked #147 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, TX
“Excellent - hotel did not miss a thing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

My family was FORMERLY a fan of Starwood Properties (Westin Resorts). We decided to give the Hilton Post Oak a try - they tempted us with a good rate, rennovated rooms, and a nice package which included delivery of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of chilled champagne upon our arrival. Their pet policy is WONDERFUL - if you are fortunate to be able to travel with your well behaved and pampered pet, this is the place for you! There is a safe, traffic-free grassy area to walk your pet without having to enter/exit through the lobby. No anxiety at all. You could even request a room that has a sliding glass door leading right to the grass pavilion. (Reminder to pet owners - be courteous and mindful of your pet - always keep dogs on a leash, immediately pick up after your pet, and if your pet is unruly - don't subject other guests to your misbehaved dog.) Convenient to Bob's Steak & Chop house (right next door) and an EZ walk to the Galleria (although they do provide shuttle/car service so you can get all your packages back to the hotel). We are a bit hyper-critical since we travel frequently and have come to expect a certain minimum level of service and cleanliness from hotels - - we thoroughly enjoyed our visit, plan to join their Hilton Honors program (and let our Starwood account go by the wayside), and can't wait till we have an occassion to visit Houston again...did someone say Fall shopping? Loved it!

Stayed April 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Eagle Pass, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

My family and I stayed at this hotel for Spring Break. It's a great hotel, but not necessarily one for vacationing families. The Galleria Mall is VERY close and ideal for shopping. The staff was relatively friendly and efficient. The hotel room is VERY spacious and neatly appointed.

• Liked — The HUGE room
  • Disliked — not enough restaurants nearby
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

I stayed at the Hilton Post Oak some weeks ago. I've spent 20 nights there during a business trip to Houston and found it very confortable and convenient.

First of all, its location is great. It's easily accesible by car from most parts of the city, and there are some interesting places within walking distance, something not so usual in Houston. The main attraction, of course, is The Galleria, a gigantic, upscale mall less than 10 minutes away. There are other malls and restaurants in the area as well.

The room was really big and well appointed. The beds are probably the best I've ever tried and the furniture is nice and practical. All rooms also have private balconies and have enough natural light. Drawbacks: at night the room is dark due to the lack of lamps, specially if you have to work.

The bathroom is big but the bath tube is uncomfortable and the shower is also quite bad for a 4-diamond hotel.

The social areas, such as corridors and lobby, are spacious and well decorated. The Executive Lounge in the 14th floor is nice but only open to HHonors elite members.

Finally, room service is good but the variety of choices is a bit limited. Anyway, if you don't work long hours like me you'll have no problem to walk a couple of minutes to some local restaurant.

All in all, the Hilton Post Oak is a great hotel. I highly recommend it and would undoubtedly go back.

• Liked — Location and room (size, bed, furniture)
  • Disliked — Room service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

I'm shocked at some of the recents critical posts and comments. My wife and I just spent the weekend at this hotel, and we had an excellent experience. We stayed on the Hilton Honors floor; rooms were large, quiet, and very comfortable. The conceirge room was excellent - it had very long hours (open until 10 pm seven days a week), and was always stocked with food and drinks. Hot hors d'oeuvres are served from 5-7, but after that there is plenty of snacks and drinks available. A free shuttle is available to take you back and forth to the Galleria if you don't feel like making the two block walk.

The rooms DO have robes, and the water pressure was fine for us during our stay. Available outlets were not a problem - while it is true there are few on the walls open, every lamp has several available outlets built in which are easier to access. The temperature in the room seemed to be the only problem - we had to lower it down to 62 just to be comfortable, but it certainly never felt like it was 62 in the room.

If you're paying over $300 a night however, this hotel may not be worth it. Our rate was well under $100 / night and for that price, this makes an excellent choice.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room temperature
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2008

The overall ambiance of the hotel was nice. That is the only good thing I can say. Once we checked in at 2 AM, the desk clerk said he was going to make our checkout time 2 PM instead of 12 PM, so I thought that was nice because he did not have to do that. So the next day we left around 1 PM. I check my bank statement a few days later and see I was charged for two nights and they added $40 in taxes to the night we stayed and also charged for valet parking, which we paid for in cash at the valet pickup station. I had to call 4 times over a 2 week period to finally get my money back. Apparently the housekeeping says we stayed 2 nights, where they get their information, I do not know. I was always told that I would receive a call back after talking to the persons who answered the phone and never did get a call back. But after some arguing I will get my $340.00 back that they felt the need to overcharge without notifying me. I will never stay there again, and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth overall with all Hilton Hotels.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

The service here is definitely lacking... not even a bellhop to help with my bags. The room is typical, not overly large. Plain, dark bathtub. A nice touch is the balconies in every room, however.

The Executive Lounge was a room of stale trail mix and gummy bears. I arrived late and famished,and the girl was only able to dig up a yogurt for me. A weary businessman came in looking for an ice cream bar and was shocked to learn they didn't even have that! I had to ask for a diet coke,as all that was around was empty, dirty glasses and plates, presumably from the earlier happy hour which served appetizers, about four hours ago!!!. Seeing how poor the amenities were, I did not venture back the next evening. Also, they don't open on time in the morning, which is pointless if you have an early meeting to rush off to. I'm no primadonna, but at these prices to stay in the hotel, the offerings seemed lacking to me.

I have been to executive lounges in other hotels and they offer far more. What I thought might be a perk of my stay was a disappointment and what is the point of paying extra for some peanuts and gummy bears?

The fitness center had towels and water, but otherwise was plain.

The bedding was very nice and comfy, but like another poster said, there are no robes in the rooms. This did not seem like a luxury hotel to me.

• Liked — The balcony in the room
  • Disliked — executive lounge
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2008

Staff is not hosptable, any request seems to be too much.

Too many things went wrong during the visit e.g. incorect billing, mail was not delivere to the room, executive launch room is not open on time for breakfast...

Room service was good.

Overall, will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Houston Post Oak? Share your experiences!