“Very Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #146 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

First thing to note that the service was fantastic. We were put in one of their nicer king rooms and we were very happy. The location is good and the hotel is modern. We ordered food from the downstairs restaurant and it was satisfactory. Very nice experience overall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! Please visit us when you return to Downtown Houston in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

The good - the staff was generally on point, the food at the restaurant wasn't horrible (can't ask for much more than that from a 3 star hotel), and the location was very convenient. The bad and the ugly - the tv in my room had many channels with major interference problems, the bathroom and shower floor were not exactly surfaces you wanted to stand on, and the shower head didn't fully engage so it felt like a nice warm trickle (if you get my drift)... And speaking of trickle, the walls were SO thin that I could literally hear one neighbor relieve himself... And not just flush, either. And worse yet, I SIMEOLTANIOUSLY heard my other businessman neighbor taking out his rat race stress on a local.. Like... For money. All that for a cool $250/night. Stay classy, Doubletree. Stay classy.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience us. I apologize for the discomfort of your guest room experience. Would you mind sending me your room number that you resided in? My email address is toya.berry@hilton.com.
Houston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

As a usually Diamond currently Gold member of Hilton Honors I try to stay at these properties. this hotel is one of the best Doubletree's I have ever stayed in. The valet service was great, room service delivery was excellant and the hotel was in really good shape. For the money it was an outstanding stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

orangefi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hotel was clean, staff was attentive and price was good for a weekday stay in downtown Houston. There was no in room safe and décor was slightly dated. The breakfast buffet was exceptional and made up for the shortcomings of the room.

Room Tip: ask for downtown side view,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us! We are delighted to hear that the staff was attentive to you and your guest needs. I have also shared your feedback on the decor of the hotel. Again, thank you and we hope you choose us for your next concert!
Rowlett, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stay at this hotel because it is the only Hilton hotel downtown on my companies list. I think next time I will have to deal with the morning drive. I have noticed that the room was in serious disrepair. The bathroom door would not shut (didn't really matter since I was traveling alone but the latch was completely gone) none of the power outlets on the lamps worked, I had to unplug the alarm clock so I could charge my phone. But the thing that was just plain unacceptable, was the A/C. In Houston, even in April, you have to have a working A/C. The first night was hot, it would work for 10 minutes and then stop. I notified them the second day (today), and they guy just said "well it's working now".... Really that's all you have to say?? Completely unacceptable to me. Obviously its not, its been set on 64 for 4 hours and its still 74 degrees in the room. You could tell it wasn't working just by the terrible sound it was making (which also made it difficult to sleep). They have a new system for the valet where you can text your ticket number or scan a QR code and they will have your car waiting when you get down stairs. Pretty cool..... didn't work. If you are really in a hurry, just call down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator (and preferably one with a working A/C)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I would first like to apologize for the service that was provided; as this is not the norm at our property. Would you mind sharing additional feedback with me on your room number and dates of stay so the Operational Managers can investigate? My email is: toya.berry@hilton.com. Thank you again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are nice but they overcharge & you have to use valet parking $28 plus tipping if you need your car. It's worth it if you want a place close to the ballpark & have lots of money! Not worth the $170 for one night.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Parking downtown is limited for all hotels and therefore the parking rates we charge are comparable to the downtown properties. We do offer a rate that has parking included if you visit our website for future travels.

AUSTIN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here while attending the 2013 Dance Salad Festival and recieved an EXCELLENT rate in conjunction with the festival - $99 vs. $249 adversited per night... my four star rating is based on my lower rate. The hotel is convenient if you need or want to be in downtown Houston which I found to be very sterile. There are lots of tall office buildings so not alot going on after 5pm. The hotel itself is clean and I found it to be quite but another guest complained about a party in the hallway on his floor. My biggest complaint was the non-functional wifi. If I had not recently upgraded to a 4g enabled iPad, I would have been furious. It was very difficult to connect to the wifi and then it would drop you within 10 minutes or less and require a new logon. If you are wifi dependent, this hotel is NOT the place for you unless this problem has been fixed.

Room Tip: The poor service rating is due to the non-functional wifi. Value at my conference rate would have b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown? Share your experiences!