“Bed Bugs!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Houston

Knights Inn Houston
You added Knights Inn Houston to your Saves list
Knights Inn Houston
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   12500 North Freeway, Houston, TX 77060 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #401 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Columbus, Georgia
“Bed Bugs!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

Was stuck in Houston after missing a flight and ended up at Days Inn. When I woke up, I noticed blood spots on the sheets and after looking closer, there were bed bugs everywhere! Not one or two but several! All I have to say is the health department should be contacted! Do not stay here!! This place should be shut down!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bed bugs
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Emigrant. MT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

Most reviews here are from people who expect a Hilton at rock bottom prices. I felt completely safe here as well as when I was walking around the neighborhood, but then, I put my faith in God and not in some feeling I get about the appearance of things or what someone else tells me about what is safe. The staff I met were very helpful and cheerful.

It is an older hotel and in the humidity of Houston that means there will be wallpaper peeling off until it is repaired. There were signs of this in progress.

Stayed May 2008
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2008

We arrived at the airport at 11:30 PM , got the shuttle.
Upon arrival there were signs asking to excuse the mess they were renovating.
At first glance the room looked unappealing...but considering the time and our early departure, I went to the desk and said the room was unacceptable...he had no alternatives...I decided to stay anyway.
In the morning I had upwards of 45 bites on my chest , arms and fronts of my legs.

I attended at the physician after my arrival at my destination and was told they were bed bug bites and to fumigate all my clothes and my suitcase.

So do NOT go to this hotel...

• Liked — close to the airport
  • Disliked — the bed bugs in the room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
West Columbia, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

We booked this room because the price to stay here overnight and have our vehicle parked there for a week was exceptional. Upon arriving, I noticed that the location was not the best. It is located near Greenspoint Mall (aka Gunspoint Mall to local Houstonians). Wondered if my car would be there when we got back..

The hotel is aged, although the room was ok for a one night stay I suppose. The remote for the tv didn't work. The desk service people were ok too. The only complaint I have is this: I told the clerk our plane was arriving back in Houston at 11pm. She said no problem, whenever you come back will be fine. Well our flight was delayed 3 hours, we didn't arrive back until 2:30 am. I called them to get picked up and the guy says "but it's 2:30", and I said "AND....?". He said well, I have to wake the driver up. I said ok. The driver was there within 20-30 min. Our car was there when we got back. We tipped the driver for having to wake up.

Next time I will book another room. Just was not my cup of tea.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

I chose this hotel because I had to go to Houston for the USMLE Step 2 CS, it was recommended by the USMLE site, and it offered free shuttle to and from the airport and the exam site. Before I even reached the airport, the shuttle bus driver screamed "Go back to Mexico!!" at another driver on the road. The hallway to my room was poorly lit, the light above my door was out, and when I entered the room it smelled like mold. I turned on the air conditioning and the smell intensified. The furniture was old, dirty, the TV had a piece of the panel broken off, the remote was broken, the blow dryer had a big piece broken off, there was no alarm clock radio, the towel had an orange stain that looked like blood after its been bleached, and the shower curtain had a burn hole in it. I didnt even want to touch the bed, nevertheless sleep in it. As I was using the internet (which to their credit DID work well) to find another hotel, someone knocked on the door and didnt even wait long enough for me to reach the door to open it before they opened it with their own key. At that point I decided that as a female, I didn't feel safe staying so I checked out and stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. It's across the street from the testing center and its MUCH nicer. Very much worth the extra cost. Oh, as I was waiting for a cab to leave the Days Inn, I noticed someone who might have been homeless loitering in front of the lobby. NEVER stay there, it's not worth the discount.

• Liked — Shuttles to USMLE Step 2 CS testing center and Airport
  • Disliked — Quality, cleanliness, and safety of the room and motel
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Omaha, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2007

I had a very bad experience at this Days Inn. As a single female traveling for business, I did not feel comfortable leaving the room. My room was on the ground floor and there were questionable people loitering in the lobby. My room was outdated, not clean, and not well maintained. When I woke up in the morning, there were several dead cockroaches in the toilet. My pillowcases did not match and appeared soiled. I was not provided toiletries. The furniture in my room was suboptimal and dirty. My remote control didn't work for the TV. I could hear the guest in the room above me moving around all night. However, the front desk was very helpful with directions and a free shuttle to the location of my board exam was convienient. I did change hotels after one night. I am usually pretty easy going about one or two problems, but this was not tolerable.

• Liked — Free shuttle to testing location
  • Disliked — Unclean, smelly and outdated rooms.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
gprotomd
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

Worst hotel experience of my life. I'm a medical student that was in the Houston area taking the USMLE Step 2 CS exam. Like so many other students, I stayed here at the recommendation of the CS website. What a disaster. I have never seen such a crappy hotel room. As soon as I walked in, I noticed a dead cockroach-like bug by the bathroom entrance. The only good thing about it is that I arrived late 7-8pm and went straight to sleep and was out of there by 6am. Thank god. I woke up the following morning with a a huge bug bite on my left shoulder, and one day later, i noticed a descending rash on my left and right arm. Went to see a dermatologist a day later and suggested that something bit me. Never again will i ever visit a Days Inn hotel!!

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Houston? Share your experiences!