“Bates motel would have been a dream....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Houston

Knights Inn Houston
You added Knights Inn Houston to your Saves list
Knights Inn Houston
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   12500 North Freeway, Houston, TX 77060 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #402 of 455 Hotels in Houston
“Bates motel would have been a dream....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I don't even no where to start. Well we decided to get away for the weekend with the kids we do this every yr bring em to splashtown for a day of fun. Haha we pull up walk in the lobby and it was very smelly and hot . I walk to the desk to check in and the desk girl wasn't very nice first they didn't have the room i booked and had no other rooms like the room i booked she said they have been renovating the rooms and so she sent me.to the room that had just been finished so i went up and no phone no alarm clocks tv didnt work i went back down and she moved me to a suite lol if that is what you want to call it. As we walked in to the room they had roaches on the sink the walls had the paint was chipped. The.pillows were flat old stained. The boxspring of the bed was wrapped in greenplastic wrap. The comforter was torn stained and full of burn holes. I asked for sheets for the fold out bed that my kids would be sleeping on and to my surprise never got sheets,blankets,or pillows . My family and i went to the nearest walmart we spent 135.00 on bedding pillows and towels and washclothes. I already had spent 200.00 on tickets for the waterpark and with them refusing to refund me so that i could stay at a real hotel not a crackhouse and prostitution complex with 3 minor children we had no choice but to stay in this drug seen sad excuse for a hotel. Anytime we would go down to the desk you had to find the front end clerk because most of the time they were out the backdoor smoking whom nos what. As we walked the hall to get to our room every doorway had a towel covering the door bottom. I walked down the hall and 3 men.other guest i assume came out of a room i have never been so scared in my life . We went for ice no ice the guy that came on to the overnight shift said the machine was broken and that the owner new it was broken . This place shouldn't be allowed to be open not only is this a drug house but none of the pictures r correct from their site nor the amenities the site says they offer. no coffee no iceboxes maybe 4 channels for tv. Im from out of town trying to have a fun time with my kids and this was the worst experience i ever have been thru as for as being at a hotel the night we booked i didn't read any reviews i will from now on i couldn't sleep afraid someone would bust the door down and only god nos what they would do i felt like most of the staff were predigeist towards us. I will be contacting whom ever it takes to get my money refunded and whom ever it takes to get this place shut down poor innocent people as myself and my family . Anyone in their right mind would never book a room at this hotel if they show you the real way of things there to book a room that is already false advertisement as to what the site says as to what you get is bad enough but this place should surely.be shut down my 3 yr old has bites on her from this place. Oh did i mention that i had to put a 25.00 dollar deposit for a icebox that was already suppose to be in my room. I also took pictures of the spliced wires in the rooms with no outlets covers . Really really horrible NEVER NEVER STAY HERE JOIN TO SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waverly
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm not sure what there were more of. There were prostitutes in the lobby when I checked in. I reserved a non smoking room thinking this would be great since I had an early flight the next morning and this hotel was so close to the airport. WRONG!!! They didn't have any non smoking rooms available when I arrived so they gave me a smoking room. The room was a disaster...holes in the walls, light fixtures hanging from the ceiling, & cockroaches. Then I checked the bed and there were bed bugs EVERYWHERE!!!! I turned around & left the room immediately and went back to the lobby. The man who checked me in was gone & no one else came to the counter so I left my room key on the counter & walked out the door!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

They handed me a bottle of anti-bacterial spray for me to take to my room when I checked in. It was late and I had no time to go to another hotel as they were all booked, so I figured it couldn't be that bad and I could manage....it was that bad. 10 minutes in to my turning on the light the cockroach appeared, there were holes in the bedding, a terrible smell in the room, dirty, and had graffiti on some o the furniture. No tv channls as they were switching providers. The hotel looks nothing like the pictures shown here. The guests in the hotel sure didn't make me feel safe as I was expecting to see a drug deal happen any moment.

Stay away. Far, far away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Northampton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband, me and our dog were laid over so we decided to find a hotel so we wouldn't need to run the truck all day and night (we are semi-truck owner/operators). This location was close to our terminal so it seemed a good choice.....NOT! Upon entering our room, it was crawling with cock roaches within minutes. I went to the front desk and explained that "there was a bug problem". She told me that the room probably hadn't been sprayed and she could move us to another room. I agreed but the physological damage had already been done. We moved to another room but I could not sleep for fear of the bugs coming into that room. And it didn't help that I found a 3 inch dead roach on the windowsill. We checked out at 2:30am in the morning. I suspected bad conditions when we noticed that there were people "living" at the hotel.

I immediately contacted my hotel rewards and they helped me to get a full refund. The hotel management was supposed to contact me but all I ever received from them was a refund check. I will NEVER stay here again or at any Knights Inn.

The only good thing that was nearby was a little Italian restaurant that is located in front of the hotel. Excellent food and service, I would eat there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
lufkin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I drove up and was like hmmmm???? I went in and was like mmmmmmm?
I paid for my rooom opened the door and RANNNNNNNNN back for a refund,,,,,,,, True Story smh
The manager even tried to upgrade the room it was just absolutelt scarry. I though that I was going to have to call the authorities if I didn't get a refund. He hated it but he knew why.

I would never go back there.

Room Tip: look at the prople the managers and the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was like going to hell. Don't believe anything they tell you at the desk and much less what the manager or owner says. they are all lies. Stay away. Rooms not cleaned, can't get replacement towels or sheets, drugs, prostitution. Beds are delapidated, pillows flat, carpets dirty, might sink thru floors because they are rotten, tv and air conditioner don't work. and worst yet the elevator doesn't work, you may not get out of it. Continental breakfast consist of stale donuts that have been outdated and put in refrigerator and also pastries from outlet store. Shuttle driver is a grouch and unreliable. Restaurant has roaches in it and reported to board of health. Bed bugs and also roaches in rooms. Dogs are not on leaches according to the law and you might get bit. Don't even think of trying to get your money back they will keep it. Also they steal from the rooms.

Room Tip: I would not even rate it as 1 because it is deplorable and accommodations are worst than the project...
Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

So bad I wanted to leave but was too tired. I travel a lot. I've stayed in some bad hotels but this was the worst. Don't stay here no matter how cheap the price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Houston? Share your experiences!